Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB 2007/08 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
h20skier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PJ I have only one question will you continuelly think that prices are going to go lower and end up not owning one for the entire 2010 driving season? OR Are you going to buy a car now? Drive the $h it out of it all summer long and end up at my house late Summer thanking me for talking you into just Buying a Damn car NOW!

Every car you are looking at today will be worth less tomorrow so get off your 55 gallon drum of dollar bills and buy one

Old 02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

My 55 gallon is filled with pennies : (. Mike
Old 02-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

My 55 gallon drum is emptying paying for the '07 still ...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by h20skier
PJ I have only one question will you continuelly think that prices are going to go lower and end up not owning one for the entire 2010 driving season? OR Are you going to buy a car now? Drive the $h it out of it all summer long and end up at my house late Summer thanking me for talking you into just Buying a Damn car NOW!

Every car you are looking at today will be worth less tomorrow so get off your 55 gallon drum of dollar bills and buy one

I dont want anyone to get the wrong idea here... I am not missing this track season... but look out your window locals (Seattle)... I am not missing anything right now...

I am going to drive one next week to make sure (like there is a shred of doubt) that this is where I want to drop my 55 gallon drum of loose change...

I also have a very generous offer to use a friends car (3.8 RSA) at the track this year should I decide to hold off from purcahsing anything before track season.

So... with all of that said... I am doing my homework and keeping track of what is for sale that I am interested in owning and following the market etc... If I was liquid I would just pick up the phone and buy the one at the top of my list... but I must be prudent... not cheap... but prudent...

I am finding it to be difficult to be prudent and get white or green right now...

I am outside the ropes studying... I am on deck to be stepping into the ring so to speak.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

if it is steve's you will need to grease your hips:-). THere is a day in Portland on the 20th and another 2 in March. Again on a weekend.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roberga
if it is steve's you will need to grease your hips:-). THere is a day in Portland on the 20th and another 2 in March. Again on a weekend.
if you mean steve macdonalds... it is now Roman's and he has added the proper seats for my fat ***...

Weekend track days are out for me... 2 year old and a 4 month old that my wife deals with all week long... I need to kick in at home on the weekends... or I will be a member of a divorce forum and rennlist will a long lost memory
Old 02-03-2010, 07:23 PM
h20skier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
I dont want anyone to get the wrong idea here... I am not missing this track season... but look out your window locals (Seattle)... I am not missing anything right now...

I am going to drive one next week to make sure (like there is a shred of doubt) that this is where I want to drop my 55 gallon drum of loose change...

I also have a very generous offer to use a friends car (3.8 RSA) at the track this year should I decide to hold off from purcahsing anything before track season.

So... with all of that said... I am doing my homework and keeping track of what is for sale that I am interested in owning and following the market etc... If I was liquid I would just pick up the phone and buy the one at the top of my list... but I must be prudent... not cheap... but prudent...

I am finding it to be difficult to be prudent and get white or green right now...

I am outside the ropes studying... I am on deck to be stepping into the ring so to speak.
i've got 500 miles on my cgt in the past 3 weeks and have driven my RS in this "crap" weather you are inferring......you can drive em in the rain PJ they have wipers you know....note the road grime
Attached Images   
Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

PJ; yes. I love that car. I took it out a while back and it needed a little work. Had an oil leak. It was my fall back if I did not do the 07 GT3. All it needs is a switch to MOTEC.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:48 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by h20skier
i've got 500 miles on my cgt in the past 3 weeks and have driven my RS in this "crap" weather you are inferring......you can drive em in the rain PJ they have wipers you know....note the road grime
Street driving your CGT in the rain... that is fun... driving it at one/tenths bumper to bumper traffic working that cheap clutch... at least you can rev it and listen to it...

I do not drive mine to work... and my weeknds are pretty busy with the kids... and I do not like street driving in the rain anyway...

I am not afraid to drive it in the rain or get it wet...

exhibit A beeeotch

Originally Posted by roberga
PJ; yes. I love that car. I took it out a while back and it needed a little work. Had an oil leak. It was my fall back if I did not do the 07 GT3. All it needs is a switch to MOTEC.
Gamroth is working a little magic on the current system... he is convinced he can take care of it... the car is brilliant.. Roman has done some wonderful updating since owning it etc.. you will see it this season a fair amount I am sure.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PJ: I've got a car that might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's for sale. White 2007 GT3RS, full leather interior, but no PCCBs. However, it's without a doubt the lowest-mileage, best condition, pristine-as-new .1 GT3RS in the country.

Feel free to send me a pm if interested.

BerryS
Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

PM sent
Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Street driving your CGT in the rain... that is fun... driving it at one/tenths bumper to bumper traffic working that cheap clutch... at least you can rev it and listen to it...

I do not drive mine to work... and my weeknds are pretty busy with the kids... and I do not like street driving in the rain anyway...

I am not afraid to drive it in the rain or get it wet...

exhibit A beeeotch
Even better still, is that an Ariel Atom you are passing in the rain?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:49 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bob_dallas
Even better still, is that an Ariel Atom you are passing in the rain?
in fairness to the atom, I did have the advantage of a windshield and wipers BUT I pass the local atoms on dry days as well... :-)
Old 02-04-2010, 07:17 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

Nice driving PJ...call me today my deal on my black RS with PCCB's fell through. I will offer a special price for any current rennlist member. The car has 7900 miles and the only mods were black wheels and sharky's bypass. This is my second RS and the motor feels very strong. The car had a high window I think it was 147k. I am the second owner and my neighbor was the original owner.

I had the car sold at 110k but the guy couldn't get financing. I will sell the car today for 102.5k. This price is for rennlist members only...sorry!!! And the car has about 10 track days if that matters. I am getting a white 2010 RS so my baby must go!

My cell is 1310409-6480
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2010, 07:18 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

one more thing...the sport cups have 500 miles on them!!!

Quick Reply: WTB 2007/08 RS