Kudos to SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kudos to SharkWerks

Hi All,

I just want to share the most incredible customer service experience I have ever had.

2 weeks ago I was at the new High Plains Raceway near Denver CO for a PCA DE; I drove my GT3 up from Albuquerque. On Friday they have open lapping so I took advantage of that to familiarize myself with this brand new track. Around 3:00 pm SharkWerks time, I am inspecting my PCCB's and realize the rear pads are getting thin and I feel they won't make it for the weekend event. I call a few places and finally Sharkwerks since I know they have the resources and get things done.

They found a dealer that had them in stock, but it was too late for their daily shipment, so the dealer could not ship till Monday (we wouldn't want to have to pack up a set and drop it off at Kinko's, that would have been impossible! )

So all of SharkWerks sources failed, and here is what they do:

They don't even ask me, they just do it. They were going to take the PCCB pads off of their own RS and send those out to me overnight!!!! Can you believe that? I think they started removing the pads from their RS already when they found out that none of the shippers could overnight to my location on Saturday; it was considered a remote location therefore does not get the normal service.

Isn't that just awesome that they did that? Who does this?

After the shipping failed, I was afraid that they might take a flight and rent a car and hand carry the pads to me, or drive their RS to Denver for me to use as a track car rental!

Now, of course I should stay on top of my brake pad usage so this does not happen, and I will from now on. I guess the premature rear pad wear on the PCCBs caught me off guard.

Once again, thank you SharkWerks, you guys are the best!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:34 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I bought a RS that already had a Sharkwerks exhaust.
The Sharkwerks was removed (for warranty work) and the stock exhaust went back on at the dealer.
I required the harware inorder to have the Sharkwerks installed again and Sharkwerks kindly sent it to my installer for free to help me out!

Since then i have bought the larger tips and then the Fire extinguisher with GT2 seat mount from them.
Super quick transactions.

They are the best i have ever delt with hands down. If my RS didnt already have all the monoball upgrades, i would be on the phone with them NOW!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

You make this sutff sound unbelievable but really ALex and his work ethic make it believable. The stuff he did for my 997 GT3 was unbelievable, but he did it. Call him after hours and most likely he will answer the phone. Alex has REALLY filled the BIG hole that was left by Viper Bob when he was forced to move to Florida. ALot of us on the left coast felt that we would NEVER find a replacement for Viper Bob, but Alex worked with Bob when he was here and I think that drives him to deliver the same type (dare I say better??!!) of service. There are those of us who long for those big parties (supposedly to work on someones car) at Viper Bobs house BBQ's with CP and all the NorCal guys (and some SoCal guys) But Alex has done his best to make those just fond memories.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:16 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a lesson here...
Always inspect your car prior to a driving event!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Yep alex is great
btw when is shark BBQ?
Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Alex.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:03 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

great that they saved your weekend, but carry spares for comsumables. yes- that includes beer
Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Very happy with Alex and the gang!!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
You make this sutff sound unbelievable but really ALex and his work ethic make it believable. The stuff he did for my 997 GT3 was unbelievable, but he did it. Call him after hours and most likely he will answer the phone. Alex has REALLY filled the BIG hole that was left by Viper Bob when he was forced to move to Florida. ALot of us on the left coast felt that we would NEVER find a replacement for Viper Bob, but Alex worked with Bob when he was here and I think that drives him to deliver the same type (dare I say better??!!) of service. There are those of us who long for those big parties (supposedly to work on someones car) at Viper Bobs house BBQ's with CP and all the NorCal guys (and some SoCal guys) But Alex has done his best to make those just fond memories.
OG, I have had the pleasure of dealing with both Alex and Bob...unbelievable service and a great experience with both gents.

Another guy who deserves a mention in this thread wrt outstanding service and the willingness to go the extra mile (actually many miles) is Rick DeMan of DeMan Motorsport...I blew a G-50 tranny in practice for the GT2 class of the Sebring race a few years ago. Rick did not even blink and eye and was on the phone with another great west coaster, Rob King, who got us a new G-50 on the next flight, Rick drove from Sebring to Tampa, picked it up at 2 AM and had me on the grid for the first practice run the next morning!!

It really is great having the ability to interact with these real stand-up guys who love to support us and keep us on the track as much as we love to drive and race
Old 07-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn!! There is a handful of us here locally that were trying to keep Alex, James and Dan a secret!! Now the cats out of the bag!!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:01 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Its great that those guys have as much passion in HELPING us as we do for our cars!! thats almost impossible to find now adays.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks everyone for saying so many nice things here.

340Elise, please let us know what you think of all the new suspension goodies the next time you put her on a track!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:15 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Hi All,

I just want to share the most incredible customer service experience I have ever had.

2 weeks ago I was at the new High Plains Raceway near Denver CO for a PCA DE; I drove my GT3 up from Albuquerque. On Friday they have open lapping so I took advantage of that to familiarize myself with this brand new track. Around 3:00 pm SharkWerks time, I am inspecting my PCCB's and realize the rear pads are getting thin and I feel they won't make it for the weekend event. I call a few places and finally Sharkwerks since I know they have the resources and get things done.

They found a dealer that had them in stock, but it was too late for their daily shipment, so the dealer could not ship till Monday (we wouldn't want to have to pack up a set and drop it off at Kinko's, that would have been impossible! )

So all of SharkWerks sources failed, and here is what they do:

They don't even ask me, they just do it. They were going to take the PCCB pads off of their own RS and send those out to me overnight!!!! Can you believe that? I think they started removing the pads from their RS already when they found out that none of the shippers could overnight to my location on Saturday; it was considered a remote location therefore does not get the normal service.

Isn't that just awesome that they did that? Who does this?

After the shipping failed, I was afraid that they might take a flight and rent a car and hand carry the pads to me, or drive their RS to Denver for me to use as a track car rental!

Now, of course I should stay on top of my brake pad usage so this does not happen, and I will from now on. I guess the premature rear pad wear on the PCCBs caught me off guard.

Once again, thank you SharkWerks, you guys are the best!!!
Hey 340Elise, wow Dan showed me this and seriously our pleasure. There's nothing quite like the GT3 section on Rennlist. We're all pretty tight-knit (I think the car brings out the geekyness in us all?) around here.... I remember that Friday... James was pulling stuff off (instead of putting stuff "on" lol!) our RS and Dan was on the phone with UPS (plonkers!) and everything was ready to go out until UPS said no Saturday delivery in that area;( Actually had James finished putting the engine back together we could have broken in the "new" engine (more on that later) on the way to you lol!?

Seriously anytime and let us know how the suspension stuff goes. Give us a buzz tomorrow if there are any questions. Those arms/links are addictive- I've been driving the 09 PDK daily with _all_ of those parts on!

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I bought a RS that already had a Sharkwerks exhaust.
The Sharkwerks was removed (for warranty work) and the stock exhaust went back on at the dealer.
I required the harware inorder to have the Sharkwerks installed again and Sharkwerks kindly sent it to my installer for free to help me out!

Since then i have bought the larger tips and then the Fire extinguisher with GT2 seat mount from them.
Super quick transactions.

They are the best i have ever delt with hands down. If my RS didnt already have all the monoball upgrades, i would be on the phone with them NOW!
Thanks you ever so much and glad you like it You're car is in _amazing_ hands btw

I remember those good 'ol days eh? And again thank you so much. Honestly I'm really lucky because James (and now Dan) work so darned hard. Not because we have to but honestly because we want to. None of us have kids (although I have a wife... I think?!) so this thing is about as close as I'll get....
Originally Posted by MJones
There is a lesson here...
Always inspect your car prior to a driving event!!!
Roger that! Luckily they're not too bad to change either so it's a +1 for anyone at the track. One of my customer's sadly completely ruined his PCCB's in the rear (on his TT)....

Originally Posted by mooty
Yep alex is great
btw when is shark BBQ?
Hehe thanks. Well I can't cook or anything like that. James is good with a BBQ... but if I catch anyone eating SharkFin soup I'll grab the nearest muffler bypass and bonk someone on the head (including myself).

Originally Posted by Land Jet
+1 for Alex.
Thanks Larry! You've got those suspension bits now too so go gets some lap times

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Very happy with Alex and the gang!!
Thanks Rog! Send some pix when you can... your set up is quite unique so it'll be good to show people the X-51 "can" be "tweaked"

Originally Posted by leif997
OG, I have had the pleasure of dealing with both Alex and Bob...unbelievable service and a great experience with both gents.

Another guy who deserves a mention in this thread wrt outstanding service and the willingness to go the extra mile (actually many miles) is Rick DeMan of DeMan Motorsport...I blew a G-50 tranny in practice for the GT2 class of the Sebring race a few years ago. Rick did not even blink and eye and was on the phone with another great west coaster, Rob King, who got us a new G-50 on the next flight, Rick drove from Sebring to Tampa, picked it up at 2 AM and had me on the grid for the first practice run the next morning!!

It really is great having the ability to interact with these real stand-up guys who love to support us and keep us on the track as much as we love to drive and race
Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Damn!! There is a handful of us here locally that were trying to keep Alex, James and Dan a secret!! Now the cats out of the bag!!
I couldn't locate any local talent willing to assist James after 7pm so after the cam covers went on he decided it was time to mess with that 904-thingy Hopefully see you Saturday

Its great that those guys have as much passion in HELPING us as we do for our cars!! thats almost impossible to find now adays.
It's both ways... you guys help everyone else. There should be a GT3 "town" somewhere so that we can share our favorite roads, tracks, RMS stories and so forth eh

Quick Reply: Kudos to SharkWerks