Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
saw a number of new GT3's all white and very fast, including Walt Rohl's
personal car on Wedneday night ... who would have thought he would
bother to turn up for a public lapping night?
Not Walter's personal car - it had the "BB" numper plate (Weissach) and actually he was "racing" another white 3.8 GT3 also with "BB" plates (not sure who drove the other car). Anyway the annoying queue at the entrance had at least one advantage: after Walter overtook me on the track I had a chance to catch up with him again at the end of the lap : -- ) I'm sure Walter doesn't go to the 'Ring to drive some laps in the (often) terrible tourist traffic (aka terrorist traffic ), he just takes the opportunity by chance (guess he was there due to the Oldtimer Grand Prix).

As for the BMW course: did the course for the first time and I enjoyed it very much (never did a section training at NoS before - sometimes the most fun was going "backwards" : -- ) It's nice if you have some friends in your group who go the same pace. Tuesday was fantastic when we formed a fast sixpack. Kind of extra challenge if you have a weight penalty of 100 kg (passenger) on board, while the others have not...
Great moment, when one of these 917 heroes (instructor of our group) drove my car for a lap

1,000 km Nordschleife in just two days was a new experience even for me

Did anyone make some nice inboard vids ? I ordered a cam, which arrived one day too late at my home

BTW: this guy shot a bunch of very nice pics from the event - not very expensive to buy them without the watermarks. Just 10 Euro + shopping costs for all of them

http://www.pvw-pietsch.de/modules.ph...ermine&cat=168
Though not sure why suddenly the "car" basket is empty (showed some 900 pics yesterday).

@ Mike: here's their website with some more infos - hope to see you there next year

http://www.fahrerlehrgang.info/englisch_version.html
Old 08-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Don't think I haven't planned "The Great Escape" in my head many times over. Even if I have to dig through this brick wall with a teaspoon, it will happen!

For now, believe it or not, teaching my three year-old to swim is higher on the priorities. After all, in ten years, two things will have happend:
1. My baby daughter will have become a teenager and discovered her dad is not an omnipotent god.
2. I'll still be an ordinary middle-aged track driver easily capable of cutting ten seconds off your best bridge-to-gantry time ... : )
Oh - REALLY! ... I think I hear the dull thud of a gaunlet being thrown down!

SIR I ACCEPT!

Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche-Jeck
Not Walter's personal car - it had the "BB" numper plate (Weissach) and actually he was "racing" another white 3.8 GT3 also with "BB" plates (not sure who drove the other car). Anyway the annoying queue at the entrance had at least one advantage: after Walter overtook me on the track I had a chance to catch up with him again at the end of the lap : -- ) I'm sure Walter doesn't go to the 'Ring to drive some laps in the (often) terrible tourist traffic (aka terrorist traffic ), he just takes the opportunity by chance (guess he was there due to the Oldtimer Grand Prix).
Yeah that queue was so unusual ... never seen it that bad before ... really
screwed up our laps in the rentracecar.de E46 M3 ... only managed to
squeeze in 4 ...

It was cool to see Rohl at the track!

As for the BMW course: did the course for the first time and I enjoyed it very much (never did a section training at NoS before - sometimes the most fun was going "backwards" : -- ) It's nice if you have some friends in your group who go the same pace. Tuesday was fantastic when we formed a fast sixpack. Kind of extra challenge if you have a weight penalty of 100 kg (passenger) on board, while the others have not...
Great moment, when one of these 917 heroes (instructor of our group) drove my car for a lap

Did anyone make some nice inboard vids ? I ordered a cam, which arrived one day too late at my home

BTW: this guy shot a bunch of very nice pics from the event - not very expensive to buy them without the watermarks. Just 10 Euro + shopping costs for all of them
It was quite an experience for me too ... driving a 535i xDrive Wagon instead of my GT3!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche-Jeck

@ Mike: here's their website with some more infos - hope to see you there next year

http://www.fahrerlehrgang.info/englisch_version.html
Hey Achim, Many thanks for the report and hope to see you over there next year! I would enjoy some more time to chat with you about our Porsche Experiences.

By the way, what a great thing to have those 1,000 km Nordschleife on the car! Way cool in 2 days!

Enjoy that GT3 and do a lap for me at some point!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Enjoy that GT3 and do a lap for me at some point!
Sure, Mike - I'll do that Which kind of BTG time you'd be happy with ?
Very much looking forward to see you again at the Green Hell next year
Old 09-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Michael,

Just saw your article in the latest Metro NY PCA Post! I saw the pics and it look eerily familiar, then I put 2+2 together! Can't wait to read it. Maybe i'll see the beast in person one of these days.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:54 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Michael,

Just saw your article in the latest Metro NY PCA Post! I saw the pics and it look eerily familiar, then I put 2+2 together! Can't wait to read it. Maybe i'll see the beast in person one of these days.

Hey, Hope you enjoy the article. The Post got the second version that was expanded. NNJR Porscheforus got the first version that was a little shorter. Both David and Jackie were very kind to print the article in their newsletters!

Keep your eyes open as you just never know when you might see one of my pictures again!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Hey, Hope you enjoy the article. The Post got the second version that was expanded. NNJR Porscheforus got the first version that was a little shorter. Both David and Jackie were very kind to print the article in their newsletters!

Keep your eyes open as you just never know when you might see one of my pictures again!
You should join us @ Poconos so I can see the car!

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-oct-11th.html
Old 09-03-2009, 02:05 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Great stuff. Everyone should try to do a Euro Delivery at least once in their life!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:15 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Great stuff. Everyone should try to do a Euro Delivery at least once in their life!
Some of us were "delivered" in Europe!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
Some of us were "delivered" in Europe!
The best Euro Delivery is from within a Porsche! Cheers!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:07 AM
kryten
Advanced

Do you have any tips on routes down to and around the Alps? Just got the call to say my car is due to finish production at the end of Sept, so I need to get planning!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:05 AM
frafoss
Instructor

Originally Posted by kryten
Do you have any tips on routes down to and around the Alps? Just got the call to say my car is due to finish production at the end of Sept, so I need to get planning!!!
My girlfriend and and a couple of friends did this journey this summer.

In total 9 mountainpasses. Especially Grossglockner are Stelvio are spectacular. Remember to drive the roads marked Scenic. If not you will miss all the candy and only drive the highways.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,2.113495&z=10

Grosslglockner

Stelvio, top part only

Lago de Livigno

San Bernadino
Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

TDM,

Both David and Jackie were very kind to print the article in their newsletters!
How do I get a copy?

I have been waiting for the "Porsche Euro delivery for Dumies" to be published......
Old 09-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kryten
Time for you study! Stay ahead of the weather.

Link: http://www.alpineroads.com/passstatus.php

Quick Reply: While in Germany...