Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

mooty making some moves in the garage

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great video quality. A few thoughts....
Agreed it was a great save but why was the car squirrely at that point?
You're really bouncing around in the RS, you need a containment seat in that car and you should put one in the SB too...

Everyone drives different lines at Willow and I know you were just following the SB's around. With your skills I expect you to get competitive quickly. I would like to show you my lines around that track for a Spec Box. They're different than a high powered car like my cup needs. Late apexing can be overrated in a momentum car as you end up driving a lot more track than necessary. I may go again this Friday. Call me if you're interested in following me around in your SB....
Old 02-24-2009, 06:23 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Agreed it was a great save but why was the car squirrely at that point?
I hit the brakes on the crest as I was approaching Quinn, enough to get my 2,200# butt to skid.

you need a containment seat in that car and you should put one in the SB too...
100%

Hans, new helmet and a NASCAR style seat are on the incoming list of mods. Same seat goes to the BSR, and the existing BSR seat will be my new BSR passenger seat

Everyone drives different lines at Willow and I know you were just following the SB's around.
I watched some videos with Marty at the track, and by the end of the day I was driving a line closer to my autoX line. It was tight on 2,4 & 8, and away from the outside edge at 9 still hitting the apex.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:36 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=NJ-GT;6319226] I watched some videos with Marty at the track, and by the end of the day I was driving a line closer to my autoX line. It was tight on 2,4 & 8, and away from the outside edge at 9 still hitting the apex. /QUOTE]

Good job, I know you're a fast learner.... Watch where I go when I passed you in the 15:30 mark heading into the bottom of T5 and up over T6. There's lot of runoff room coming out of the bottom at T5 so use it to keep your momentum up. You don't need to get back to the left before you go over T6 as you would in your RS or a Cup. Stay floored from the bottom (apex) of T5 and shift into 4th as you crest the hill straightening out your wheel for a second as the car settles. Lots of time and speed to gain there......

Quick Reply: mooty making some moves in the garage