Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche Coilover Group Buy......GMP Performance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
SO Matthew A GT3 owner would have 4 available settings instead of 2? That would be nice!
actually I dont think that is quite how it works; as I interpret it you can pick 2 settings from the 10 available on the shock, 1 for "normal" and 1 for "sport"

although ... I am making this up ... so I am probably emitting huge quanitities of bovine excrement

Old 04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

http://www.bilstein.de/cms_website/e..._produkt_id=15
Old 04-17-2008, 08:12 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Youre right Larry but you would quickly have something like 2 times 10 factorial settings by adjusting the **** on the shock and the switch in the cockpit. PASM ON vs. PASM off times 10settings in front each one setting in the back-assuming you only want one setting in the back i.e. the right rear and the left rear are always the same. So approximately 2 (pasm off vs on) times 10 (front settings) times 10 (settings in the back)
Now I KNOW I am emitting Cow excrement!!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Default factorial excretia!

Youre right Larry but you would quickly have something like 2 times 10 factorial settings by adjusting the **** on the shock and the switch in the cockpit. PASM ON vs. PASM off times 10settings in front each one setting in the back-assuming you only want one setting in the back i.e. the right rear and the left rear are always the same. So approximately 2 (pasm off vs on) times 10 (front settings) times 10 (settings in the back)
Now I KNOW I am emitting Cow excrement!!
this is what happens when you take the factorial of cow excretia!

p.s
I would almost publically admit that I am tempted by this suspension if it were not for the fact that I know I would be humiliated by the teaming masses of other drivers that would ridicule such a choice when compared with Moton, K&W etc ... so I wont
Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think what anyone considering these should find out is what are the stock OE spring rates front and rear and what are the Bilstein spring rates front and rear.

While a larger range of damping rates may? be useful, what would be far more useful for those serious about tracking is more spring rate and the damping to handle the spring

The above said, since the car can already handle a set of Hoosiers and if driven well be incredibly fast around a track on Hoosiers, changing out the stock suspension in this car would seem to be for those interested in running slicks - and if you are going this route, you could probably still get by if you remove all the rubber stuff first in the suspension - and at this point I think you are going to want a way better suspension than the one listed.

Having gone this route on other cars and having the experience (money spent), I would say go big or go home - motons/ohlins/etc + remove all the rubber or leave it alone.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I am NOT a suspension expert but Motons and the like are a track option. The PSS10s are a mostly street still head to the track once a month option.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:40 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am NOT a suspension expert but Motons and the like are a track option. The PSS10s are a mostly street still head to the track once a month option.
Exactly. Which is why they are good for any Porsche built for the street only.
GT3s already do this. The PSS10s seem like an adjustment to the stock 997 GT3 and not a radical change like it would be on a Carrera S.

If you really need to change the suspension on a GT3 it would be because you want to run slicks. And then you would need the fancy stuff like Moton or if you really want to feel like a baller Penskes. But if you run Penskes I suggest you have your own "shock guy" on the payroll.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Andrei
I agree which was kinda my intent on my first post. Just trying to be polite.
Good points
Old 04-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

these guys are a good source of springs: http://www.hypercoils.com/
Old 04-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
I think what anyone considering these should find out is what are the stock OE spring rates front and rear and what are the Bilstein spring rates front and rear.

While a larger range of damping rates may? be useful, what would be far more useful for those serious about tracking is more spring rate and the damping to handle the spring

The above said, since the car can already handle a set of Hoosiers and if driven well be incredibly fast around a track on Hoosiers, changing out the stock suspension in this car would seem to be for those interested in running slicks - and if you are going this route, you could probably still get by if you remove all the rubber stuff first in the suspension - and at this point I think you are going to want a way better suspension than the one listed.

Having gone this route on other cars and having the experience (money spent), I would say go big or go home - motons/ohlins/etc + remove all the rubber or leave it alone.

Good question about the spring rates ... also I seem to recall (perhaps wrongly) that the 997 had progressive unlike the 996 which were linear I believe
Old 04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 days left and one kit sold !
Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

SO Matthew A GT3 owner would have 4 available settings instead of 2? That would be nice!
no you still have your two settings as usual and can use the button inside the cabin to switch between but you have different settings to choose from.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

no bites?

Quick Reply: Porsche Coilover Group Buy......GMP Performance!!!