New GT2? Why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eclou
The wife drives the TT on the track. When the TT comes to the track, it means guilt-free seat time for me!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
You can dispense with the condescension, I understand perfectly well how PSM works, as I've driven a TT at Sebring. The snide remarks get a little tiring, honestly. Especially from people who don't know what they're talking about, or to whom they're talking.
You asked what you were missing. I gave you my opinion. If you do not like the answer, disagree instead of launching into a snit. We ALL think we know more than we know. In your case, you are at a disadvantage because I have Porsche on my side.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Also, why is DOT mandating electronically stability system in all cars by 2011.
With PSM, most people are better and safer drivers NOT vice versa as you suggest.
In your case, you are at a disadvantage because I have Porsche on my side.
wow! mean thread!
hey nick isnt DOT mandating fully defeat-able esc?
if we need it ALL the time why have they specified that it should have the ability to be fully disabled?
do you personally know that porsche is not going to give esc/psm the option to be fully disabled in the future?
how is porsche on your side?
how in the heck can a system like esc/psm make you "a better driver"?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

>> how in the heck can a system like esc/psm make you "a better driver"?

Actually, PSM did help me with my driving. I had a Carrera 4 with PSM and it gave me more confidence to feel for the car's limits. It may not have made me a better driver, but it helped me learn faster.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:55 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like PSM personally. But it should come as an option, and then it needs to have the ability to be turned off 100%, no if's, and's or but's.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
wow! mean thread!
hey nick isnt DOT mandating fully defeat-able esc?
if we need it ALL the time why have they specified that it should have the ability to be fully disabled?
do you personally know that porsche is not going to give esc/psm the option to be fully disabled in the future?
how is porsche on your side?
how in the heck can a system like esc/psm make you "a better driver"?
Jeff as speedgeek indicated it makes you a better driver because it allows you to responsibly explore the limits of the car. Knowing that an electronic device will warn and correct you provides a comfort level for most to enjoy the car even more than they normally would be able to do so. The Porsche PSM system is one of the best in the industry because it does allow for spirited/performance driving and is not intrusive.

I cannot asnwer as to why ESC system will be allowed to be turned off. I suspect it may have to do with making the systems mandatory. For now they will be able to be disabled but down the road that will change. However I will say this. If there is a rollover/ serious crash and it is shown that the ESC system was disabled the driver will have some serious liability issues.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:52 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick
You asked what you were missing. I gave you my opinion. If you do not like the answer, disagree instead of launching into a snit. We ALL think we know more than we know. In your case, you are at a disadvantage because I have Porsche on my side.
What are you talking about? Did Porsche issue a press release stating that "pcar964 doesn't understand how PSM works..." ???

You are either a little slow, or you just enjoy making baseless statements to stir the pot. Either way, annoying.

Quick Reply: New GT2? Why?