Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Beverly Hills have another car ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If BHP had a problem with the credit history for a lease, all it would've taken was one phone call to clear things up. To maintain good customer relations that was the right thing to do and they never did it.

I'd never deal with a company like that.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:02 PM
normank
Racer

I have been reading this thread with great amusement. I don't live anywhere near Beverly Hills and don't know the dealer, but I would be very interested in hearing their side of the story. I can't see a dealer holding or a buyer giving $25K for 6 months. It takes all of 5 minutes to check your credit and if you don't have it or can't get it why would a dealer waste everyone's time? There is something missing in this story.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Drive up the coast to Santa Barbara. They won't screw you like the morons in BH.

Talk to Walt Branscome,--my salesman at 805 682-2000. They will work with you I'm sure.

My deposit was only $1000 for Euro Delivery and a unique Paint To Sample car.

I will never go to BH for any Porsche purchases now.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by normank
I have been reading this thread with great amusement. I don't live anywhere near Beverly Hills and don't know the dealer, but I would be very interested in hearing their side of the story. I can't see a dealer holding or a buyer giving $25K for 6 months. It takes all of 5 minutes to check your credit and if you don't have it or can't get it why would a dealer waste everyone's time? There is something missing in this story.
Right. This story does not add up the way it has been presented.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
If a car is leased to offset the Tax of a company, does the car has to register under that company's name? If I am not mistaken, a company needs to go through a similar credit check for lease/loan; right?

2nd Edit: But there is no excuse to sell your car unless all options are exhausted.
Unless you are Coca Cola, Microsoft or GE you will need a personal guarantor(with established credit qualified for a six figure car, not Geo credit) for a business lease so they can come after that person if the company folds. Fact.

Nobody writes a contract for a ordered car, you get a receipt which might state" at MSRP" and that's that and then one should get the PCNA originated pro forma etc,etc until the car arrives.

I am amazed how many saints are on this forum, some of you must donate most of your income for good causes because some responses are outright laughable. No business or dealership in their right mind would hold a hot car forever until said customer gets his freaking act together,show me the money is the name of the game , not playing consumer advocate. Now , if you want a Boxster or Cayman, well, there are about five hundred in the backlot, we will hold one of those turds for forever. LOL. If you have a qualified, willing and able customer with some potential backend money ready to pull the trigger right now one would be a fool to turn it down and keep chasing the "mind deal" with the credit challenged customer.

Now , this the real world and nothing will ever change when it comes to making money on hot items.

As far as complaints, well , if you sell a lot ,I mean a lot, naturally you are going to get some
disgruntled customers , 100 % customer satisfaction pre/after sale is not achievable. There is a difference if some mom and pop dealer sells ten cars a month or a high profile metropolitan dealer sells a 100+ P cars a month, day in day out not once in a blue moon. High end sometimes hard to get cars = big egos = more heat.

If some of you think I am talking out of my a$$.....I can say with confidence that I have easily the most experience with high end dealerships on this entire forum and there is not one trick, loophole ,tactic or pitch I don't know about.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder where solo went? Hans?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
I can say with confidence that I have easily the most experience with high end dealerships on this entire forum and there is not one trick, loophole ,tactic or pitch I don't know about.
Educate us minions in the way of the auto business oh wise one.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:40 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Educate us minions in the way of the auto business oh wise one.
Putting challenging customers like you to sleep while achieving maximum gross was my specialty.

Last edited by pole position; 03-01-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Putting challenging customers like to sleep while achieving maximum gross was my specialty.
a good salesman (not unethical slimy salesman) is a nice to watch

a lot of the things i pick up on when i'm out buying something are things I try to get my own guys to do. when they do it, they have a revelation, but sometimes to get them to do it is like pulling teeth.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
bucking
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Putting challenging customers like to sleep while achieving maximum gross was my specialty.
This is refreshing, one of the few self-professed *** holes on this forum.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:58 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation Seriously...

...this the real world and nothing will ever change when it comes to making money on hot items...
I swear; the only thing I have *ever* bought in Beverly Hills is from Al Gelato.
And it is a rather cold item.

P.S. Buying car in Souther California is not always a pleasant experience. I got 2 out of 3 times very good so far and they were BMW dealers.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:18 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts
Default Call me skeptical...

...but this story sounds fishy. Solo can afford to lay down a $25k deposit but doesn't qualify for a lease? The car is there but Solo wants to pick it up in a few weeks time? And he has to be reminded that the deposit was $25k, not $5k? I'm not buying it.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bucking
Selling is a art. does not matter if you sell condoms, cars or nuclear warheads, some have the talent, some don't.
Countless times I was treated like a doormat, but I swallowed my pride, took a quick look at my childrens pictures and marched on. I killed them with kindness and instead of hurting them with my fists I attacked their wallet and they never saw it coming. In the end , I laughed all the way to the bank and I had another potential repeat/referal customer, mission accomplished. Profit was never a dirty word for me.

i worked my way up from low level brands but never could stomach taking a family to the cleaners making 2 k a month and hammering them with a $ 700 payment because they needed a car to get to work and they were uneducated. I am the exact opposit of a liberal but that was on of the resaons that I moved to high end lux cars because I never ever felt sorry to take a rich mans money and selfishly enrichening myself doing so.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bucking
Nope, I'm an a$$hole too. Just a different profession.

If you are successful these days and cut through the BS and PC, many will call you "a$$hole". Comes with the territory.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Selling is a art. does not matter if you sell condoms, cars or nuclear warheads, some have the talent, some don't.
Countless times I was treated like a doormat, but I swallowed my pride, took a quick look at my childrens pictures and marched on. I killed them with kindness and instead of hurting them with my fists I attacked their wallet and they never saw it coming. In the end , I laughed all the way to the bank and I had another potential repeat/referal customer, mission accomplished. Profit was never a dirty word for me.

i worked my way up from low level brands but never could stomach taking a family to the cleaners making 2 k a month and hammering them with a $ 700 payment because they needed a car to get to work and they were uneducated. I am the exact opposit of a liberal but that was on of the resaons that I moved to high end lux cars because I never ever felt sorry to take a rich mans money and selfishly enrichening myself doing so.
Oh, ya had me cheering you on and then you went the with the "Robin Hood" yap and lost me.

If you're whom you say you are, you've packed away some poor souls along the way too.

Poor folks part with their money because they have to. Rich men do it when they want to. Don't think it's all up to you. But I still like your style, just don't mix the images too much, it's a distraction

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills have another car ...