Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track / Street Exhaust Setups

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 06:41 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,065 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by nle
I've messed around with a few set ups. Just jump to the end with @Jamie@dundonmotorsports street headers and loud muffler if you want the best sound and power. The Dundon loud muffler is great for those who want to also pass 103-105 db track days (looking at you CA folks) with a simple set of Nürburgring or Laguna tips. This is the big advantage over the megaphone style bypasses. If you want JUST sound and don't care about anything else then there are other alternatives in the market.
Oh, I know. I've chatted with Jamie, and that setup is obviously the truth, but it's also the cost of a Honda Civic. I have to balance this expense against a litany of other track mods and P-Car expenses. If I could find one used, I'd snag it in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by voodoo
3 years on fabspeed headers with cat's, stock side mufflers and a center delete. Sounds like a rocket on throttle but completely manageable at cruising speeds and no drone. Also, was pretty pleased with the gains the headers made. It was definitely noticeable.
That's good feedback. I've been happy with Fabspeed exhaust on other cars in the past. Their long tube headers look great, but wondering if I can keep a system under 103db with those.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:58 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 147 Posts

I'll throw another setup in the mix. Originally saw this setup from a poster here ...I think his name was tybmw (?)

Evolution Motorsports club sport headers with cats, Evolution Motorsports tune, side muffler delete, Sharkwerks center bypass. (EVOMS is recommended by Sharkwerks)

Its pretty loud, no drone, small but noticeable bump in hp and torque ...love it!
Old 01-24-2023, 10:14 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 109 Posts

I just ordered the Supersprint center muffler, and side muffler delete kit. Made to specifically work with OE headers. I like that it's made as a kit, and the center muffler will be a little louder than stock, but nothing crazy. I have no desire to replace the stock cats, no real need to. Supersprint is really nice stuff, and very well made. I was looking at the Tubi style center, but the Supersprint looks a little more robust and I know their stuff from BMW world, so trust them. They've been running those supersprint centers in Europe for quite some time now.

The price of $2500 for center and side deletes is about as good as it gets. You just have to order direct from Supersprint, and deal with importing, which is easy, but worth it IMO.

Last edited by Mvez; 01-24-2023 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:16 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Finlander
I'll throw another setup in the mix. Originally saw this setup from a poster here ...I think his name was tybmw (?)

Evolution Motorsports club sport headers with cats, Evolution Motorsports tune, side muffler delete, Sharkwerks center bypass. (EVOMS is recommended by Sharkwerks)

It’s pretty loud, no drone, small but noticeable bump in hp and torque ...love it!
I tried to get Alex to sell me the headers but he won’t sell to a US address. I have the tune and a full track exhaust already. I think he doesn’t want to have to deal with potential emission law liability (personally don’t think it’s a material risk, but it’s his risk tolerance).

How’d you get yours?

Last edited by jreifler; 01-24-2023 at 10:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (04-13-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 07:37 AM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by jreifler
I tried to get Alex to sell me the headers but he won’t sell to a US address. I have the tune and a full track exhaust already. I think he doesn’t want to have to deal with potential emission law liability (personally don’t think it’s a material risk, but it’s his risk tolerance).

How’d you get yours?
Ordered direct from EVOMS ....ask for Sam, nice guy.

http://www.evoms.com/product_p/emgt3.htm
jreifler (01-25-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 06:21 PM
GTTommy
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoo
3 years on fabspeed headers with cat's, stock side mufflers and a center delete. Sounds like a rocket on throttle but completely manageable at cruising speeds and no drone. Also, was pretty pleased with the gains the headers made. It was definitely noticeable.
Do you have a video that would be great? I'm running the fabspeed centre delete and my next stop is headers, although I'd prefer long tubes and keeping the stock side boxes?
Old 01-31-2023, 10:37 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez
I just ordered the Supersprint center muffler, and side muffler delete kit. Made to specifically work with OE headers. I like that it's made as a kit, and the center muffler will be a little louder than stock, but nothing crazy. I have no desire to replace the stock cats, no real need to. Supersprint is really nice stuff, and very well made. I was looking at the Tubi style center, but the Supersprint looks a little more robust and I know their stuff from BMW world, so trust them. They've been running those supersprint centers in Europe for quite some time now.

The price of $2500 for center and side deletes is about as good as it gets. You just have to order direct from Supersprint, and deal with importing, which is easy, but worth it IMO.
This SS package sounds attractive ... Does that package come with valved side deletes so that you're taking advantage of the Supersprint center muffer for quiet-when-u-want-it?

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/su...-9972-gt3.aspx

I don't see it here ^^^

Last edited by bweSteve; 01-31-2023 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:03 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bweSteve
This SS package sounds attractive ... Does that package come with valved side deletes so that you're taking advantage of the Supersprint center muffer for quiet-when-u-want-it?

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/su...-9972-gt3.aspx

I don't see it here ^^^
No, they don't offer it, but to be honest, after using valved side deletes on my 991.2 GT3, there honestly isn't much change in sound when cruising around town because you are not high rpm anyway. Plus, all those valves fail eventually and default to the open setting. My valved TPC side deletes finally crapped out, so we just stuck them in the open position, and I don't notice any difference. Even when you run non-valved, you still don't pop sound at tracks, so valved deletes are somthing I'm just not wasting my time or money on anymore.
Old 01-31-2023, 01:27 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

sounds good.... for you.

But I'm a Tour driving street guy only .. & similar to Dan, I want & prefer a quiet valved option. Too bad, cuz that Supersprint sounded like the perfect combo. I'm also not concerned with finding any HP bump. Don't care about the Dyno #'s. These cars are so engaging that I don't see the need to chase horsepower or torque.

Anyway,... I've also seen lots of guys report that pretty much ANY side-muffler-delete with valves, does NOT quiet the car down any measurable amount.

So it appears a simple center delete like I have on my 3 / .2 is still the way to go for me (its the most inexpensive option too). The only thing I desire more, is bigger sound when WOT. It just doesn't seem like I can get any louder when keeping the side mufflers (while maintaining a option to go quiet when desired). Oh well, guess I just saved myself a bunch of cash.

Oh, & I certainly don't care about any potential future failure of a valve. That's an easy cheap repair. It certainly would not prevent me from moving fwd on a valved side-delete.

Last edited by bweSteve; 01-31-2023 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:07 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,152 Likes on 615 Posts

When I see an underpass… I get a bit of anxiety, then I grin, roll the windows down a bit, look down, push the sport button and wind the mother up to 8k.

Not a lot of things in life make me laugh out loud… Dundon long tube all day

Yes it was the same price as my daily (Subaru Crosstrek) but everything in life can have utility
The following 3 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
Elliotw44 (02-01-2023), jreifler (02-01-2023), widers911 (02-01-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 03:54 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,959 Likes on 1,753 Posts

Originally Posted by GTTommy
I'd prefer long tubes and keeping the stock side boxes?
I think this is one of the only setups that can pull it off. This is a Brombacher Sound version to meet European requirements. Sound change from stock is a Porsche flat 6 sound profile but deeper. Kinds like an air cooled sound. Screams up top and the power is on tap. With center delete, you lose that flat 6 sound.

My neighbor has a 991S and his car is actually louder than mine, arghhh, so either I'm selling my entire system and changing up or sending the side mufflers back to Brombacher for modification. I've had this for years, and always like changing things up every so often so if someone is interested in a system that's deeper in sound but not with an obnoxious db level and welcome an additional 25 hp, then I'm willing to sell it. If not, I'm moving forward with the modification. You will need a tune to get the max hp out of the headers. I've driven it both ways and it's a dramatic difference.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 02-17-2023 at 02:32 AM.
Robocop305 (04-13-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 04:01 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mvez
@Mvez Assume you're talking about just the center muffler and "connecting pipes" from stock headers as the $2500 ?
Old 02-01-2023, 06:14 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jreifler
@Mvez Assume you're talking about just the center muffler and "connecting pipes" from stock headers as the $2500 ?
Yep. Part # 244526 and 244613. Toward the bottom of the page linked. When the dollar is still strong, it's basically even money with Euro. ECS sells the kit, but cheaper direct from SS.
They told me about 3-4 weeks, as the center muffler is made to order. They might make a batch of them since they now have an order, so if somebody orders behind me, they will problably receive it in similar timeframe.

I like that this muffler is specifically designed and tuned for a single bypass connection.

ALTERNATIVE:
SUPERSPRINT mid silencer kit
(Deletes the Right & Left side mufflers)
Performance sport exhaust for PORSCHE 911 997.2 GT3 RS, PORSCHE 997 GT3 RS 3.8i (450 Hp) 2009 -> 2011, Porsche, exhaust systems (supersprint.com)

Old 02-01-2023, 06:25 PM
engerman
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

full Supersprint system. Bought directly from SS & would highly rec buying from them, the customer service was next level.

now to get this installed
Old 02-01-2023, 07:03 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

My man! You must have gotten the last rear muffler, LOL.

Quick Reply: Track / Street Exhaust Setups