audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Nice consistency in laps - racing calls
Old 03-17-2019, 12:15 AM
adi_d
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah, recently I have left the "fear" stage when driving and am consciously trying to apply skill-sets in a consistent fashion, which is much easier said than done. Racing would be neat and the logical next step, but it would add a tremendous amount of stress, as I would want to win Right now, I am really enjoying driving with my friends and being happy when they do well!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:38 PM
adi_d
Racer

Ran Thunderhill 3 mile configuration with PCA Diablo and PCA GGR. Unfortunately it just won't stop raining here in NorCal, so did some practice sessions in the rain. We had some heavy rain (standing water) and some light rain (track just wet). I tried driving on both the RE71R (nice grip) and R1S (terrifying) just to experience it all. In the super wet conditions I averaged 2:30 lap times and in damp 2:03. Best for the day was in the 1:59s with my personal best being 1:55.2. Overall a fun experience. Some quick pics of the cars running with me.

One of the laps I got a cool lap of 2:00 FLAT!

Next up car is getting some maintenance done and getting a brand new set of RE71R and R1S. If it does not rain I should be at Laguna with Speed District. In the right condition could set a new PB!
Old 05-02-2019, 08:23 PM
adi_d
Racer

Since the last update the car has been to Laguna with Speed District on April 5, unfortunately it rained most of the day, Thunderhill 3 mile with PDC (open track day) on April 19, and Thunderhill full 5 mile with PCA GGR on April 26.

I think I am finally used to the gearing on all the local tracks and my heel-toe shifting has significantly improved to the point where no misshifts and mistakes are happening any longer, which means more consistent lap times. I have been primarily using RE71R tires to benchmark and with the new transmission and Penske shocks my times have improved by .2-.7 of a second per lap, which seems fairly significant, given that the times the car was running were already pretty fast. In addition the tires seem to last slightly longer, about 3 full days rather than 2, and are very consistent throughout a 25 minute session. There are some rebound settings I will need to adjust on the shocks, but all in all the setup seems fine. The biggest difference overall is the engagement with the car, as the gearbox transformed the sound, feel and significantly increased the need to shift. When you get it all in sync, it is an amazing feeling.

Here are some pictures of loading the car in San Francisco...

With PCA at TH we went from rain to extreme heat...the day high was 94F (the sand under the car was from a Corvette driving the day before).

My friend was able to capture a quick video of the car driving by from the outside.

PCA ran the FULL 5 mile course, with the motorcycle bypass. Since it is a rare configuration I will link a video in case anyone wants to check out the track.

Car got a fluid maintenance (gear, oil, brake) and is ready for the next set of events. May 17 Thunderhill 3 mile with HOD (last TH event for the summer) and Laguna with PCA on May 20. I will try and use R1S this time to see how the suspension responds to a softer and stickier compound.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:10 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Nice driving Adi.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:13 PM
adi_d
Racer

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
Nice driving Adi.
Thanks! Hope you are enjoying your car

I went to the shop today to clean the car and swap wheels. This is my front RE71R after 15 heat cycles.

Never seen an RE71R look like NT01...the front suspension is really asking a lot from the tires, but they held up well. Time for a new set...
Old 05-05-2019, 12:19 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Wow, you turned it into a slick :-)

Lovin' the new car. Kicking myself for waiting so long.
Going to BW in a few weeks?
Old 05-19-2019, 12:11 AM
adi_d
Racer

Default TH5 Mile

I had a chance to go back to Thunderhill this Friday for the 5 mile configuration without the motorcycle bypass. 3 of my friends with their GT4s went, so it was fun to drive together. I had brand new RE71R and the morning sessions were all in the 3:10 lap range. Afternoon the temperature dropped a bit and the tires scrubbed in, yielding significantly more grip. My best rolling lap was a 3:05.7, but due to traffic resulted in a 3:06.something. There are a few sections where I can definitely go faster so low 3:05 is easily possible with the car as is.

Here is a video of the best recorded lap of the day.

I also recorded a few laps with those 3 GT4s...it was pretty funny to see the cars evenly matched and looking the same. The fastest GT4 ran a 3:07 flat and the slowest did a 3:10.1, so pretty close.

Lucky enough to be able to take this Monday off, so next up Laguna with PCA Diablo. Should be pretty good if it does not rain!
Old 05-22-2019, 01:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

adi, I need to get u a REAL trailer haha
Old 05-22-2019, 03:06 PM
adi_d
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
adi, I need to get u a REAL trailer haha
Hey hey! My aluminum scaffolding works reasonably well and allows the Cayenne to move it around Now if you want to discuss the Mooty "arrive and drive" package, then I am all in! Aleks also refuses to get a stacker, which would make things MUCH easier for us all!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:59 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,553 Likes on 858 Posts

What are those 3 white cans with a funnel attached to them? Are they for oil? Do you mind sharing where you got them, it might be a brilliant oil idea if it will fix the issue of pouring oil in a funnel 1qt at a time.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:42 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
What are those 3 white cans with a funnel attached to them? Are they for oil? Do you mind sharing where you got them, it might be a brilliant oil idea if it will fix the issue of pouring oil in a funnel 1qt at a time.
At the front of the trailer? Those a 5 gallon gas cans
The following users liked this post:
VID997 (08-04-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 03:50 PM
adi_d
Racer

Last month or so has been incredibly busy with work and family, so little time for tracking. Coming up a day with HOD at Sonoma, which is by far my favorite track. It is a sold out event, so should be slow chaos, but all good. Car has been at the shop for general maintenance and we discovered that the front lower control arms were worn. That was the last piece of OEM suspension for me and it lasted 50+ track days not bad! So out with the old and in with the new! Went with the Tarett LCAs.

Car is back together, aligned and ready for a fun day! In addition, replaced front rotors with the same AP Racing part and replaced Ferodo DS1.11 pads with Endless ME20 just to switch it up a bit.

On a fun note, a friend of mine has a meteor gray C4S, so I let him use my OEM GT3 decklid and wing, since it is a perfect color match. Here is what the car looks like cleaned!

Old 07-01-2019, 07:37 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 503 Likes on 253 Posts

One of the best threads on the forum. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2019, 08:19 PM
iwantspeed
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome car. nice to see you enjoying it properly

Quick Reply: Antique Tracking