Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Side Skirts on 997.2 C2 - DONE!!! DIY Below

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2023, 09:30 PM
Skube
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 56 Posts

I started the install at the front and worked my way backwards, setting the custom caps first, then securing the first well nut / bolt combo, and tightened the zip ties.

Trimmed the zip ties and it is all set. I continued to work backwards tightening each bolt and working everything into place. After I got all the bolts tight, I had to loosen them all and pull the entire skirt assembly forward, then retighten. I had too much pressure on the rear mud flap thing.

I used more painters tape to mark where the holes need to be drilled in the back on the black plastic, remember to bias the holes inward, so that when you tighten the zip ties they pull inward.

I ran some string through the holes so I could use this to pull the zip ties. This worked well and and was needed for the outboard zip tie. I would not bother for the inboard, I had to redrill that hole in a different spot once I got everything in place.

Final install, the gap at the back where the skirt meets the body is not perfect, I have an air gap that I need to fix, but for now it is 98% complete. Planning to flush my brakes this month, so I will fiddle with it when I do that.

Overall very happy, I'll be happy not to deal with well nuts for awhile, but otherwise very happy with how it turned out. It adds a much needed touch to the side of the car and ties in the rear skirts, my blacked out valance, and front lip.

The following 2 users liked this post by Skube:
myw (01-19-2023), Wilder (01-24-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 02:59 PM
Skube
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 56 Posts

Well DUCK IT ALL, reminder to all, dont heat from the face side... there is a $160 mistake and several hours worth of work... I had everything set, and the back just would not suck in, so I went to heat it up and bend it in, and all too quickly it went from cold to hot and now has a nice finger print in it... Happy Friday to me.

Upside, I have the same issue on the passenger side, and will not do this method again, so I learned, but off they come for another round of fitment.

I might wrap them in matte black wrap, and replace if the wrap sucks.

Last edited by Skube; 01-27-2023 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:51 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

subscribed.

Hey Mike (Skube), I'll send you a PM. I'll be up at the Porsche Hunt Valley 75th Anniversary celebration this Saturday. I'm wondering if you'll be there. Would love to see this finished.

=Steve
The following users liked this post:
Skube (06-23-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 03:18 PM
Dazzer66
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 sideskirts

do these fit in some holes already under the car or do you have to drill fresh holes got the chance of a pair of new skirts very cheap and fancy having a go over the winter thanks on advance
Old 09-01-2023, 12:28 AM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 661 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Dazzer66
do these fit in some holes already under the car or do you have to drill fresh holes got the chance of a pair of new skirts very cheap and fancy having a go over the winter thanks on advance
@Dazzer66

No drilling or new holes required in the body.Only existing holes are used.

FYI to all; we are getting close to finalizing a plug and play kit (pre-modified OEM skirts + our custom end caps). Just like you see on my car below:

By Porsche enthusiasts
For Porsche enthusiasts

The following 3 users liked this post by Emc2design:
amplitude (09-01-2023), ATX_Native (09-01-2023), misterdega (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 02:18 AM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Received 443 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Emc2design
@Dazzer66

No drilling or new holes required in the body.Only existing holes are used.

FYI to all; we are getting close to finalizing a plug and play kit (pre-modified OEM skirts + our custom end caps). Just like you see on my car below:

any plug and play kit coming for the turbo front lip?
Old 09-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Dazzer66
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sideskirts

thanks do you have any measurements regarding cutting the skirts down and where to put the cuts to pull the skirts in and also the hardware you list im stuggling to find in the uk and cant find the sizes you are listing any idea what sizes i would need in metric thanks ive downloaded loads of your pics to try and see where and what needs cutting

Quick Reply: 991 Side Skirts on 997.2 C2 - DONE!!! DIY Below