Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 06:31 PM
URO Support
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi guys, Pelican Parts (sponsor of this forum section), offers URO Parts replacement Climate Control Button Kit 997 653 100 KIT for just over $60 USD: https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...100KITM253.htm

Originally Posted by Zzzzz54
I am really happy with URO Parts buttons and I have attached the pictures of the climate control unit and my C2S cockpit for your reference.
Thanks for your feedback Zzzzz54, glad you like our buttons! Options are always a good thing, hope it helps folks that are on a tighter budget.

Last edited by URO Support; 01-27-2021 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:12 PM
Nosubstitute531
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by URO Support
Hi guys, Pelican Parts (sponsor of this forum section), offers URO Parts replacement Climate Control Button Kit 997 653 100 KIT for just over $60 USD: https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...100KITM253.htm
Pelican's parent company, ECS Tuning, offers the kit for even less: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-part...653100kit~uro/

Thanks for your feedback Zzzzz54, glad you like our buttons! Options are always a good thing, hope it helps folks that are on a tighter budget.

I bought the uro part ones also from urotuning...they're okay. The buttons look fine but operationally they arent that great. The buttons are a bit sticky and they dont come down automatically when you push them up which is really annoying and wouldve expected more from a 50 dollar product. That being said, they're cheaper than the climarepair ones and look fine.....still can't believe i paid 50 bucks for some plastic crap...
Old 01-27-2021, 07:18 PM
URO Support
Advanced

^ Thanks for the feedback Nosubstitute531, our engineers corrected that issue late in 2020 with a running change on the production line, and the buttons should work the same as OE going forward. If anyone else has the return-to-center issue, gently spread the long thin plastic tabs apart a tiny bit, so they remain about 0.3mm further apart (measured at the ends) than they were originally, to eliminate the minor drag.

Last edited by URO Support; 01-28-2021 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:08 AM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 219 Posts

Ummmm. Never mind.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:18 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosubstitute531
I bought the uro part ones also from urotuning...they're okay. The buttons look fine but operationally they arent that great. The buttons are a bit sticky and they dont come down automatically when you push them up which is really annoying and wouldve expected more from a 50 dollar product. That being said, they're cheaper than the climarepair ones and look fine.....still can't believe i paid 50 bucks for some plastic crap...

It took us well over two years of both internal testing & market testing to get the right combination of materials and manufacturing process to get the perfect switch. It´s important to remind the rennlist users get a 20% off in our switches (and everything else from our website) which drops the price quite a bit. Not to mention that we offer DHL worldwide expedited shipping at the lowest rate available on the market ($29), our competitors are charging over $63 for international shipping!

Here are a few pictures a rennlist member sent us last week when he installed our switches.

Name:  WSQ77D2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  188.5 KB

Name:  GwBoOr6.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  209.7 KB

Name:  ddIX5my.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  209.4 KB
$60 might sound expensive "for a couple plastics bits", but hey, you have to develop and put on the market a product with a very limited market scope. Plus restoring your $100.000 Porsche car interior for only 60 bucks its an absolute bargain

Best regards,
John

Old 08-25-2021, 09:06 PM
ih8fizzix
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosubstitute531
Same issue I’ve been having with mine. Bought months ago but finally did it. Reinstalled them three times Bc I thought it was user error in the way I was clicking them in. But every time after installation, they were sticking and would auto hold down and raise temp or fan speed, unless I kind of toggles them to control the button. I wish I just bought the climarepair ones.

Last edited by ih8fizzix; 08-25-2021 at 09:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Climarepair.com (08-30-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 02:09 PM
URO Support
Advanced

Hi guys, a few months ago we started including a detailed Installation Guide with our Climate Control Button Kit. If your buttons brush the faceplate and don't return to center, the guide explains how to skim off a tiny sliver of plastic from the sharp inside corner of the opening in the faceplate using an X-Acto knife, which restores the return-to-center function. Our next production run of buttons (in about nine months) will have the shape updated a tiny bit, to eliminate anyone needing to skim off the inner edge of the opening.

Download Installation Guide

Last edited by URO Support; 08-30-2021 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:49 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,861 Likes on 2,878 Posts

As I have posted so many times over the past few years, ClimaRepair buttons have always been of excellent quality, work like OEM and always shipped asap with super-fast delivery.
I have ordered 3 pair of the TEMP and FAN buttons over the past 4 years and extremely happy.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:56 AM
bamaboy473
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I'll duck and hide after this question, but has anybody tried the decals? Maybe a waste of $16, but if they're thin enough maybe not?

How about the Chinese knock-offs?
Amazon Amazon

Old 08-29-2021, 01:06 PM
ronvanr
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I purchased the ones in your link on Amazon. They work great. Does anyone keep their original switches?

purchased off Amazon.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:51 PM
smadill
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Climarepair are defective in my case. As posted in another post mine are flakey and seethrough in the dark. Left a Message direct to Climarepair weeks ago and no reply. Yes they are 24 months old but expected longer lasting than that. Some seem happy with them but be aware not all are good.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:15 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by groovzilla
As I have posted so many times over the past few years, ClimaRepair buttons have always been of excellent quality, work like OEM and always shipped asap with super-fast delivery.
I have ordered 3 pair of the TEMP and FAN buttons over the past 4 years and extremely happy.

thank you, we are so glad to see the product we originally developed and placed on the market is giving a solution to rennlist members!

Originally Posted by smadill
Climarepair are defective in my case. As posted in another post mine are flakey and seethrough in the dark. Left a Message direct to Climarepair weeks ago and no reply. Yes they are 24 months old but expected longer lasting than that. Some seem happy with them but be aware not all are good.
Hello smadill, please use our official contact method (email indicated in our web site). We have over 164 messages in our rennlist inbox, it is completely impossible to give direct support in se eel channels. We will be more than hace to replace the defective switches and advice you on how to use them properly.

Please indicts Waldo your order number in the email.

best regards!

Last edited by Climarepair.com; 08-30-2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:18 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ih8fizzix
Same issue I’ve been having with mine. Bought months ago but finally did it. Reinstalled them three times Bc I thought it was user error in the way I was clicking them in. But every time after installation, they were sticking and would auto hold down and raise temp or fan speed, unless I kind of toggles them to control the button. I wish I just bought the climarepair ones.

Hello ih8fizzix, we will be more than happy to offer you a solution/special deal so you can install our switches, please hit me up on the email.

best regards,
john
Old 08-30-2021, 02:24 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Hello ih8fizzix, we will be more than happy to offer you a solution/special deal so you can install our switches, please hit me up on the email.

best regards,
john
how about replacing the original ones that I bought a few years ago. We all know those were inferior, but the new ones are much better. Many thanks.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:09 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GR997S
how about replacing the original ones that I bought a few years ago. We all know those were inferior, but the new ones are much better. Many thanks.
Im sending you a private message now!
The following users liked this post:
myw (09-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???