Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 05:56 PM
AlohaFlyer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
We are shipping!

Don't waste your money on these guys... they look horrrible! I bought them and coudn't return them... I ended up giving them away for free..
Old 01-28-2019, 06:03 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

We are shipping!

Wait a sec, why do they look different? The Revolutions that you've attached in your previous post do not look anything like these?
Old 01-28-2019, 07:12 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD

Wait a sec, why do they look different? The Revolutions that you've attached in your previous post do not look anything like these?
They don't!! Ha-ha. The ones he's about to ship still look grainy. Maybe they are pre-production prototypes that he's going to accidently ship, and not refund the unwary customer. It's happened before!
Old 01-28-2019, 08:34 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

This thread provides so much joy.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:47 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Here is my take on the situation and I could be wrong.

Clima repair either took a set of OEM switches or a set of MA Carbons, took a pic next to his older set and called these Revolutions. Now that the new sets are ready to ship, he took a picture of his current batch only to look like V4.5 for a bait and switch.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:41 PM
Dripola
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the compliments regarding our new climarepair revolution replacement switches.

Unfortunately, it is completely impossible to do what you are suggesting. As we keep saying from the very beginning, these switches are VERY expensive to produce and to be shipped worldwide, profit is very little compare to many other products. No other company -inlcuding rich companies- offers direct swaps when they release new versions. I'm not getting a free iPhone XR for my old-crappy iPhone 3G, nor I'm getting a 991 from my old 996, and so. We offer discounts for Rennlist members, and we also offer discounts for former customers that bought V1´s, V2´s etc. All they have to do is send us an email indicating the old order number and we will apply a discount for them Thats the best we can sincerely do. Take in mind that other competitors are offering the switches at $175+$25 for shipping, thats $200. We offer the same product for $149 and we are shipping from Europe, so really, our profit here is very little.
I think a key difference is that the IPhone was a quality product when it was released whereas your customers are giving you valuable feedback that yours isn’t.
Competitors may be more expensive but at least the product suites the quality of the car.
Your response has been to continuously rebadge a dud product. I’ve bought other products from you in the past but I have to say, based on this entertaining thread, never again. Whilst I appreciate and applaud you for developing the product and taking the risk, you inability to listen to your customers defies logic or belief. It’s insulting not only to people who bought the switches but also to potential customers.
I’m pretty sure you will dismiss this as another attack but it’s not, we have a vested interest in your company succeeding as you provide another source for our cars. But you need to listen better to your customers new and previous. Best of luck.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:47 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lower light + cellphone picture = grainy image. This you will learn on photography lesson 1.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:06 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by renncayman
Lower light + cellphone picture = grainy image. This you will learn on photography lesson 1.
With all of the other red flags with this vendor, you can't possible dismiss that photo as "lighting"...

If you're willing to chance it, order a set and post the results.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:26 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,418 Likes on 2,693 Posts

I gave vendor crap either earlier on this thread or another (I'm not wasting my time finding it)
*According to the vendor, he has offered everyone who was not satisfied with the older version buttons a free order/shipment of the newer buttons.
Unless theres some other drama going on, I think the vendor did his due diligence.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:36 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I gave vendor crap either earlier on this thread or another (I'm not wasting my time finding it)
*According to the vendor, he has offered everyone who was not satisfied with the older version buttons a free order/shipment of the newer buttons.
Unless theres some other drama going on, I think the vendor did his due diligence.

I have a pair coming. I will provide photos and an unbiased opinion of how the Revolution version compares to the brand new v2 and brand new v3 switches I have in the cabinet. I had installed a pair of the v2 ones in one of my cars and was not happy with the fit, finish, performance, or durability so after I get the Revolution versions installed, I can provide periodic updates on how they're holding up to the same use that the v2 switches were subjected to, which is in my wife's car that gets driven more often than mine. We're going to use them the same way we used the OEM switches - no special techniques for where to press, how to press, going through the clean room and wearing gloves before touching the coating etc.

Kudos to John for making the effort to satisfy some of us early adopters that were not previously happy customers.

Pete
Old 01-29-2019, 04:45 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I knew we could count on you to be out there for the group. I bought the MA Carbon ones and couldn't be happier. But I look forward to your review.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:14 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla

Originally Posted by Petza914
I have a pair coming. I will provide photos and an unbiased opinion of how the Revolution version compares to the brand new v2 and brand new v3 switches I have in the cabinet. I had installed a pair of the v2 ones in one of my cars and was not happy with the fit, finish, performance, or durability so after I get the Revolution versions installed, I can provide periodic updates on how they're holding up to the same use that the v2 switches were subjected to, which is in my wife's car that gets driven more often than mine. We're going to use them the same way we used the OEM switches - no special techniques for where to press, how to press, going through the clean room and wearing gloves before touching the coating etc.

Kudos to John for making the effort to satisfy some of us early adopters that were not previously happy customers.

Pete
Appreciate your comments.

On the other hand, and as we explained already, they peeling issue of Porsche HVAC switches comes for two reasons:

Reason 1: Coating. The rubberized texture and materials used just didn't last.

Reason 2: Design. The design of the buttons forces you to press on top of the emblems (which is the weakest point of the whole button, in terms of paint job).

So two things needs to be accomplished in order to make any switch last:

1. Use different, more durable materials. (This is our job)
2. Try not to press in the weakest point. (This is customer job)

Yes, a stronger, more durable switch will last longer than OEM, but its always better to take in mind that we can not modify the design/way the HVAC work, so not pressing on top of the TEMP and fan icon is extremely advisable.

Best regards,
John
Old 01-29-2019, 09:24 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by renncayman
You need to get your eyes checked....LensCrafters lesson 1. This very obvious and has nothing to do with low lux AND cellphone capture. Look at the TEMP font, placement location, the fan icon size and location in respect to the tab's edge. Look at the size of them and the placement. Look at the horizontal ribs or lack of the crease on the top.

Last edited by DesmoSD; 01-30-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:26 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

You need to get your eye's check... LensCrafters lesson 1. This very obvious and has nothing to do with low lux AND cellphone capture. Look at the TEMP font and the fan icon. Look at the size of them and the placement. Look at the horizontal ribs or lack of.
Thank you. The advertising pics of the “revolution” switch shows a product that is clearly and obviously different than the product that is pictured in the most recent “we’re shipping” pic.

They are NOT the same, and the product being shipped doesn’t look as good as the advertised switch.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:40 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

not pressing on top of the TEMP and fan icon is extremely advisable.
So how are you supposed to adjust them down instead? Telekinesis?

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???