Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 10:12 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts

Do the MACarbon's have a soft touch feel like the OEM?
Old 11-16-2017, 10:38 AM
GBS928
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree
Old 11-16-2017, 10:49 AM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

These look great (MACarbon)! My switches continue to deteriorate and are much more gooey and nasty than when I bought the car 6 months ago. Was thinking I'd take a stab at refinishing myself just for grins but will soon be in for a set of these.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:59 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 465 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Do the MACarbon's have a soft touch feel like the OEM?
Yes they do, and the backlight. They are flawless.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:03 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
And the clear bra Grant, don't forget the clear bra 8)
I think you might be right. However, when you install that lift I will have a whole new range of projects to get into.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce
I think you might be right. However, when you install that lift I will have a whole new range of projects to get into.
So it's time to put extended drives on the project list. That's the best project you can have!!!
Old 11-17-2017, 12:58 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
So it's time to put extended drives on the project list. That's the best project you can have!!!
Lets plan another one with David after Thanksgiving.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,603 Likes on 4,198 Posts

You want a comparison - here you go. I installed new HVAC toggles into both my 997s last night along with new radio ***** from Suncoast. One set of the HVAC toggles are from MA Carbon Version 1 and the other are ClimaRepair's Version 2. You look at the pics and tell me which is which.

For the MA Carbon ones, the fit was perfect, feel was nice, look is at least as nice as OEM, transaction was professional (John is great to work with), and there is no comparison between the set from MA Carbon and the set from ClimaRepair. The latter, bind up a little when using the switches, yet they're also loose, and don't feel nearly as nice with the surface finish. The logos on the MA Carbon ones are also better, but I think the ClimaRepair ones are still better than the nasty looking, sticky originals. I actually got the last pair of the MA Carbon Version 1 toggles which is why both cars didn't get the same ones - sorry honey, but the car worth 3x the other gets the nicer HVAC toggles. I also replaced the radio ***** in both cars with OEM replacements from Suncoast and they're perfect.

I was one of the ClimaRepair v1 purchasers that contested the payment through PayPal and did not win the judgement. ClimaRepair would not agree to give me a refund, but graciously (you picking up on my sarcasm here) offered to send me 2 pairs of the v2 toggles for $50 or $60. There not being other good options at the time, I took them up on this and one pair of the version 2s is one of the photos below. Are they great - no. Will they work - I guess. It's funny (but not really) that a couple pages back ClimaRepair said they would offer replacements or refunds to those customers who were unhappy, but not those that contested the payment with PayPal - what were those of us you refused to do a refund on supposed to do. I'm also pretty disappointed in PayPal for ruling in thier favor in-spite of the overwhelming evidence about how the v1 pieces were misrepresented on the website.

With my glowing review, of ClimaRepair, if anyone thinks the v2 buttons are good enough for their purposes, I'd be happy to sell my remaining brand new pair for $45 shipped USPS Priority Mail (their price is $129), just let me know. I have 2 pairs of the version 1 ones as well, if someone needs AC toggles for their track car - those will be even cheaper.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:46 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

@Pete - interesting. Your rev1 MAcarbon TEMP button looks like its grooves are a little rounder than the fan button. Mine looks the same. Im now wondering if if these buttons tend to wear more, if the the factory buttons are the same way, or if it was just an issue with our Rev1 switches.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:25 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@Pete - interesting. Your rev1 MAcarbon TEMP button looks like its grooves are a little rounder than the fan button. Mine looks the same. Im now wondering if if these buttons tend to wear more, if the the factory buttons are the same way, or if it was just an issue with our Rev1 switches.
Here's a pic of my OEM toggles

Old 11-17-2017, 10:12 PM
macarbon_john
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed that as well. But since with each set, the TEMP seemed to be rounder than the fan, then it was factory. But with the second group of cores, they were all square. I think we did the three temps at the same time so maybe sanded them a little extra. Or it it may have been an extra coat of paint. Rev2 should be more consistent.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:40 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
You want a comparison - here you go. I installed new HVAC toggles into both my 997s last night along with new radio ***** from Suncoast. One set of the HVAC toggles are from MA Carbon Version 1 and the other are ClimaRepair's Version 2. You look at the pics and tell me which is which.

For the MA Carbon ones, the fit was perfect, feel was nice, look is at least as nice as OEM, transaction was professional (John is great to work with), and there is no comparison between the set from MA Carbon and the set from ClimaRepair. The latter, bind up a little when using the switches, yet they're also loose, and don't feel nearly as nice with the surface finish. The logos on the MA Carbon ones are also better, but I think the ClimaRepair ones are still better than the nasty looking, sticky originals. I actually got the last pair of the MA Carbon Version 1 toggles which is why both cars didn't get the same ones - sorry honey, but the car worth 3x the other gets the nicer HVAC toggles. I also replaced the radio ***** in both cars with OEM replacements from Suncoast and they're perfect.

I was one of the ClimaRepair v1 purchasers that contested the payment through PayPal and did not win the judgement. ClimaRepair would not agree to give me a refund, but graciously (you picking up on my sarcasm here) offered to send me 2 pairs of the v2 toggles for $50 or $60. There not being other good options at the time, I took them up on this and one pair of the version 2s is one of the photos below. Are they great - no. Will they work - I guess. It's funny (but not really) that a couple pages back ClimaRepair said they would offer replacements or refunds to those customers who were unhappy, but not those that contested the payment with PayPal - what were those of us you refused to do a refund on supposed to do. I'm also pretty disappointed in PayPal for ruling in thier favor in-spite of the overwhelming evidence about how the v1 pieces were misrepresented on the website.

With my glowing review, of ClimaRepair, if anyone thinks the v2 buttons are good enough for their purposes, I'd be happy to sell my remaining brand new pair for $45 shipped USPS Priority Mail (their price is $129), just let me know. I have 2 pairs of the version 1 ones as well, if someone needs AC toggles for their track car - those will be even cheaper.

Hello Pete, nice comparison here!

Just FYI, once a customer decides to open a dispute on Paypal, both vendor and customer must wait and accept Paypal´s decision. Thats why there were customers who got a refund and others (like you) who didn't.

Anyway, as proof of good faith if you take a look at our V3´s and you like them, we are ready to offer you a set for free. You would just need to return us the V2´s.

Climarepair V3
Name:  P6w88YS.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  309.3 KB

Best regards,
John
Old 11-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Hello Pete, nice comparison here!

Just FYI, once a customer decides to open a dispute on Paypal, both vendor and customer must wait and accept Paypal´s decision. Thats why there were customers who got a refund and others (like you) who didn't.

Anyway, as proof of good faith if you take a look at our V3´s and you like them, we are ready to offer you a set for free. You would just need to return us the V2´s.

Climarepair V3

Best regards,
John
Sure send me a pair of the v3s with a label and I'll send you back the pair of v2s.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Sure send me a pair of the v3s with a label and I'll send you back the pair of v2s.

Thanks.
Hello Pete,

Please sen dme a p.m. with your former order # or at least your full name, so I can identify your order and get shipping address, etc.

Regards,
John
Old 12-22-2017, 02:38 PM
MAcarbon
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MAcarbon Rev2 Completed and In Stock!

Hi Guys,

Sorry its taken us a bit longer than we had expected to finish Rev2 of our AC switches. But I think the extra time has been worth it. Rev2 addressed all the shortcomings we felt were in our first batch. Now we have sharpened up the graphics, increased the paint finish quality, and sharpened up the ridges.

We did six sets of which four are already sold. We have two left. We'll be starting our next batch next week. So these two will be what we have until mid January or so.

I've included a few comparison pictures with the core returns from the Rev1 customers. Its amazing what people have been putting up with!

The switches can be ordered form our website. Or give us a call at 650.489.4415.
https://macarbon.com/index.php?optio...111&Itemid=656

Thanks Everyone!

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???