Sponsored by:

Behavior from other drivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 06:55 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by pavster
Yeah LA drivers are weird. Eight lane highways and everyone drives the same speed...

They think they are part of NASCAR.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:57 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

I was in my parking garage pulling up to the exit gate looking for my exit pass and a guy in a black Blazer pulls up in the exit stall to my right. He had an RFID pass and the gate automatically opened when he pulled near. So, he could have driven straight through but instead he stops next to me, lowers his window, looks at me, spits on the ground and then pulls out. One of the more bizarre things I've seen and the reason why I park in an inconspicuous area of the garage now.

The second bizarre behavior I experienced was on I-94 E just north of Chicago. Center lane, not speeding, lifted Silverado bro-dozer passes me on the left and then slows when his liftgate is alongside my door. He floors it, sh!tting soot from his side pipe completely blinding me then he pulls in front of me with his smoke screen. That pissed me off but no harm really. So, I just continue on. Then he slows down AND DOES IT AGAIN!!! I floored it after I realized that he was going to do it again and didn't stop until he was a spec in the mirror. What a turd burgler.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:14 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
I was in my parking garage pulling up to the exit gate looking for my exit pass and a guy in a black Blazer pulls up in the exit stall to my right. He had an RFID pass and the gate automatically opened when he pulled near. So, he could have driven straight through but instead he stops next to me, lowers his window, looks at me, spits on the ground and then pulls out. One of the more bizarre things I've seen and the reason why I park in an inconspicuous area of the garage now.

The second bizarre behavior I experienced was on I-94 E just north of Chicago. Center lane, not speeding, lifted Silverado bro-dozer passes me on the left and then slows when his liftgate is alongside my door. He floors it, sh!tting soot from his side pipe completely blinding me then he pulls in front of me with his smoke screen. That pissed me off but no harm really. So, I just continue on. Then he slows down AND DOES IT AGAIN!!! I floored it after I realized that he was going to do it again and didn't stop until he was a spec in the mirror. What a turd burgler.

This is new behavior in most parts of the US in the last 10 years or so. Not good.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:26 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Those are some pretty bad experiences and luckily I've not encountered any. Once a guy with a family in a Subaru wagon just had to be in front of me no matter what speed I drove; frustrating since I had the cruise on and he kept passing which I don't mind but would then slow down. I'd jump on it and take off and then 10 minutes later he was back and I thought want a d-bag to drive like that with kids in the car. Annoying but not the same as what has been posted. I typically find that people exit the left lane pronto when I approach and let me through.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

I believe it's called 'rolling coal' which is tremendously annoying. It's happened to me a few times in the 997, but I have a coupe so it's relatively easy to ignore. But when I had my S2000, I drove top down as much as possible and it was more annoying when it happened.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:05 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 88 Posts

Not all Porsche drivers are all courteous to their fellow drivers either, had a Cayenne cut from a dead stop in left turn lane to overpass me. Turbo convertible saw the car making a left and proceeded to run up my rear at about 100. Boxster on PCH trying to overtake anything moving.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:01 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Only going to get worse. 8 years of our dear leader beating the income inequality drum, Hilary and Bernie raising the bar. Money is only good if they control it. Is anyone here not paying their "fair share". The fish rots from the head down. Not jumping for joy over the alternative but elections have consequences, vote accordingly or we'll end up as a 2 tier system, just like Europe. Ask the people of Greece how that's working out.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:54 PM
sleepy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox
Only going to get worse. 8 years of our dear leader beating the income inequality drum, Hilary and Bernie raising the bar. Money is only good if they control it. Is anyone here not paying their "fair share". The fish rots from the head down. Not jumping for joy over the alternative but elections have consequences, vote accordingly or we'll end up as a 2 tier system, just like Europe. Ask the people of Greece how that's working out.
I think you got it!!1!!! Democrats in charge leads to aggressive drivers on the road (thanks Obama)!! I must ask you for more life advice!

Should I take a dump in the morning or in the afternoon??
Old 08-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 897 Posts

We all have political opinions on one side of the fence or the other. Let's not let an automotive forum thread degenerate into a political discussion. There is a section in OT dedicated to that nonsense.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 198 Posts

Where I live Porsches are pretty common and I've had mostly good experiences. Occasionally some guy, usually in a truck, refuses to let me pass. Whatever... I'll find a window of opportunity at some point. Occasionally, some kid in a Honda with a coffee can "free Flow" muffler cuts me off and slams on the brakes. It's unfortunate that civility is eroding but I try and get away from the situation as safely as I can and then come here to RL and rant about it. I'd say the most common issue is trucks doing an improper Mirror / Signal / Look and kind of skipping a few steps and almost changing lanes into me. Of coarse, the music is so loud inside their vehicle they don't hear the horn so I put my awesome 911 brakes to good use and then zoom around them when safe.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I get nothing but compliments and thumbs up. The guys that fit all the bro stereotypes signal me to lower my window a lot and usually say something nice, and many say, "Nice wing, etc". I have no problem unless it's a guy in a crossover SUV or minivan. For the love of god, they are willing to die to prove something.

For some reason though, the hammerheads you guys talk about tend to approve of the more aggressive look of the aerokit.

Go figure.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:47 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
I believe it's called 'rolling coal' which is tremendously annoying. It's happened to me a few times in the 997, but I have a coupe so it's relatively easy to ignore. But when I had my S2000, I drove top down as much as possible and it was more annoying when it happened.
Never got the full coal treatment but partial ones along with tailgating and other idiotic behavior. A lot of Florida pickup drivers definitely get worked up by the sight of 911's and other high end cars. How you drive has nothing to do with their instincts. Can't say for sure what sets these morons off but I have my ideas.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

again? we literally just talked about this.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS

I had some ******* on I-35 do the "rolling coal" blinding soot thing to me over and over again. I don't know how it's legal. I called the cops but I don't think they got him.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:50 AM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepy
I think you got it!!1!!! Democrats in charge leads to aggressive drivers on the road (thanks Obama)!! I must ask you for more life advice!

Should I take a dump in the morning or in the afternoon??
Try it twice a day, keeps the pipes clean. Let me know if you need anymore assistance.

Last edited by The Ox; 08-11-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Behavior from other drivers