Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021 | 08:56 PM
ttsmith58
Advanced

Originally Posted by simso5ce
copy/paste from previous asks:

Had a Fidelity warranty and would recommend you get it. They paid for new motor and transmission mounts, which was awesome.

Never had any PDK issues.

Some upgrades dealer might not know. I had GT3 control arms added to the front and adjustable toe links in the back. Also added the center radiator for insurance but never had any temp issues on track, even summer at Sebring. Also added the grill protectors. Only a couple of track days with this car.

Car was a lot of fun on track and the AWD can pull you out of most issues. I never drove it hard on track and stayed around 2:36 lap times at Sebring, which is very conservative. I just took it out there to have fun.

make sure you look at the pads and rotors. I had OEM pads on Girodisc rotors (mistake); make sure pads and rotors are good with no warping and a good mate to the pads.

FYI I had to cut a small hole in the back behind passenger rear seat for my kids seat. Tried to patch it up as best as possible.

oh and I had the FF transmission mounts added as well.

….on PDK, I was always worried about issues (because of this forum) but never had an issue. If I were you, get the insurance for peace of mind. And a PPI never hurts in case there’s other issues that happened after my ownership.

oh good to hear! It is CPO so it will have the 2 year warranty. I did see the dimple in the front bumper. Did you apply the ppf and ceramic coat? Millennia motors stated it had that. The dealer did disclose the toe links, control arms, and discs but not the radiator. Did you do many launches in the car?
Old 07-16-2021 | 09:04 PM
simso5ce
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ttsmith58
oh good to hear! It is CPO so it will have the 2 year warranty. I did see the dimple in the front bumper. Did you apply the ppf and ceramic coat? Millennia motors stated it had that. The dealer did disclose the toe links, control arms, and discs but not the radiator. Did you do many launches in the car?
I PPF’d the entire front (full hood not partial) and ceramic coated the entire car. Sage Auto Studios in Bradenton is the company and they did an incredible job. Have used them for a total of four cars. 10 year warranty on the film and 5 year on the ceramic if you ever make your way down to Florida like everyone else.

I have a 5 year old so yea a few launches. He loved it! Only when up to temp and really only when I first bought it. Let’s say…less than 10. Dimple on the front bumper was from the previous owner, who was based out of the D.C. area and had a front plate he tried to patch. He babied the car and so did I. Car does burn a bit of oil but well within the threshold.

Old 07-16-2021 | 09:39 PM
ttsmith58
Advanced

Originally Posted by simso5ce
I PPF’d the entire front (full hood not partial) and ceramic coated the entire car. Sage Auto Studios in Bradenton is the company and they did an incredible job. Have used them for a total of four cars. 10 year warranty on the film and 5 year on the ceramic if you ever make your way down to Florida like everyone else.

I have a 5 year old so yea a few launches. He loved it! Only when up to temp and really only when I first bought it. Let’s say…less than 10. Dimple on the front bumper was from the previous owner, who was based out of the D.C. area and had a front plate he tried to patch. He babied the car and so did I. Car does burn a bit of oil but well within the threshold.
Awesome, I really appreciate all of the info! It is my first Porsche and I am excited. I have yet to see the car in person but it looks super clean and tastefully modded.

Old 07-19-2021 | 12:08 AM
porkster
Rennlist Member

How's this one?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CALERTSEMLSRCH

09 997.2 C4S manual with 65k for $60k. Sport chrono and ventilated seats.
Old 07-19-2021 | 12:26 AM
maekwl
Racer

Originally Posted by porkster
How's this one?

this seems like a great price for a great option set.
Old 07-19-2021 | 01:49 AM
jamal08
Advanced

Originally Posted by porkster
How's this one?

Just a heads up this isn't a 4S just a S, not sure why they listed it on autotrader as a 4S. On their site it's listed as a S and also confirmed on vinanalytics
Old 07-19-2021 | 02:19 AM
jamal08
Advanced

I don't remember the last time I saw any 997 for 31k but there is this base cab guards red on black. Not a whole lot of options but it is a manual! Does show minor damage on carfax back in 2010. It does have higher mileage at 118k but at the end of the day the list price is 31k so might be worth it

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=591096068
Old 07-21-2021 | 11:17 AM
porkster
Rennlist Member

Base Meteor Gray 2010 C2 manual with 65k miles for $48k. No pictures yet.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=593458800

Old 07-21-2021 | 02:48 PM
maekwl
Racer

This ones in the market place https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1260995
2007 tip w 99k miles @ $34k

looks clean
Old 07-22-2021 | 05:03 PM
ohmyggg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mackdawg
Will update this afternoon with whether it is a "go" or "no go"!

Thanks again!
@mackdawg did you get the car?
Old 07-24-2021 | 02:02 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

Default 6 spd S Cab for sale at the golf course

I ran into a guy today with a 2005 911S MT Black Cab he would like to sell. I eyeballed it and it looks very good. It has 48k miles, just had the 40k service done at a dealer.

He said there was a very slight accident on the Carfax due to a fender bender. He said he would like to get $48k.

I'm not in the market but if someone is interested PM me and I'll give you his contact info. The car is located near Charlotte NC.

Last edited by Quixotic1; 07-24-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2021 | 03:17 PM
mackdawg
Intermediate

Hey @ohmyggg ! Sorry so long for the update...but the short answer is YES! Everything came back okay on the PPI, with the exception of a few items that were somewhat expected from a normal wear of a car it's age (i.e. - Needs new engine mounts, although the old ones are in surprisingly good shape with original manufactured date), due for an oil change, etc. - but no real high ticket service items).

I would like to issue caution though to anyone that comes across the dealership in which I purchased the car: it was a pretty awful experience. First, I am located in Florida, and the dealership is in Birmingham, AL. I was a bit cautious buying it sight unseen (except pictures and video), but decided to pull the trigger. I payed cash for the car. The funds cleared next business day, so the dealership had received their funds right away. After that, they were essentially non-communicative. Every question that I asked got indirect responses or no response at all. They were going to arrange shipping, but after 10 days had passed and they still had not gotten the car on its way to me. So, I ended up arranging transport on my own (which was fine and not all that difficult), and had it picked up the next day. Upon arrival, I found that the dealership did not disclose several things about the car. There is a small chip on the driver side tail light that is not visible in the pictures, there is no owners manual or service records that came with the vehicle, the one key that did arrive with it does not operate the unlock and lock function (after I changed the battery), black vinyl wrap on the roof and sunroof (not shown in photos), and even after the PPI...there was a "Service Now" light on upon turning the car on, some small blemishes on the exterior (small eraser size dents, one on side and one on top), among a couple other little things that were not disclosed. These things were not just "un-intentionally" left out of conversations though, I specifically asked about every detail and for pictures/video (how many keys, any paint damage, blemishes, aftermarket parts, tires, brakes, you name it...I asked).

Since receiving the car, I have reached out multiple times with no response. I have since taken care of all the little issues, except the tail light - I will get to it when I find a good deal on a replacement.

All in all - the experience sucked...and a lesson learned. But, I absolutely love the car. A little bit of TLC and it's like new! Pictures to follow!
Old 07-24-2021 | 07:11 PM
JAAM
Racer

Originally Posted by mackdawg
Hey @ohmyggg ! Sorry so long for the update...but the short answer is YES! Everything came back okay on the PPI, with the exception of a few items that were somewhat expected from a normal wear of a car it's age (i.e. - Needs new engine mounts, although the old ones are in surprisingly good shape with original manufactured date), due for an oil change, etc. - but no real high ticket service items).

I would like to issue caution though to anyone that comes across the dealership in which I purchased the car: it was a pretty awful experience. First, I am located in Florida, and the dealership is in Birmingham, AL. I was a bit cautious buying it sight unseen (except pictures and video), but decided to pull the trigger. I payed cash for the car. The funds cleared next business day, so the dealership had received their funds right away. After that, they were essentially non-communicative. Every question that I asked got indirect responses or no response at all. They were going to arrange shipping, but after 10 days had passed and they still had not gotten the car on its way to me. So, I ended up arranging transport on my own (which was fine and not all that difficult), and had it picked up the next day. Upon arrival, I found that the dealership did not disclose several things about the car. There is a small chip on the driver side tail light that is not visible in the pictures, there is no owners manual or service records that came with the vehicle, the one key that did arrive with it does not operate the unlock and lock function (after I changed the battery), black vinyl wrap on the roof and sunroof (not shown in photos), and even after the PPI...there was a "Service Now" light on upon turning the car on, some small blemishes on the exterior (small eraser size dents, one on side and one on top), among a couple other little things that were not disclosed. These things were not just "un-intentionally" left out of conversations though, I specifically asked about every detail and for pictures/video (how many keys, any paint damage, blemishes, aftermarket parts, tires, brakes, you name it...I asked).

Since receiving the car, I have reached out multiple times with no response. I have since taken care of all the little issues, except the tail light - I will get to it when I find a good deal on a replacement.

All in all - the experience sucked...and a lesson learned. But, I absolutely love the car. A little bit of TLC and it's like new! Pictures to follow!
I can imaging how frustrating the experience was but glad that you like the car. I would definitely leave a google review so others can be cautious of the dealership
The following 3 users liked this post by JAAM:
Ironman88 (07-24-2021), mackdawg (07-24-2021), ThomasCarreraGTS (07-24-2021)
Old 07-25-2021 | 10:14 AM
maekwl
Racer

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1259832

2007 4S manual 38k miles. $65k in So Cal

blue over beige. Looks great in the photos.
Old 07-25-2021 | 06:58 PM
MikeBug
Track Day

Default 2006 Carrera C2 6-speed - low reserve!

Two days left for the auction of my ‘06 Carrera. This car WILL be going to a lucky new owner:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...11-carrera-38/

Last edited by MikeBug; 07-25-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)