Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2020 | 01:53 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Call me jaded, but I always feel like these kind of posts are really intended to be for sale ads from people who dont want to pay for placing the ad. Anyway, that sounds like a real nice car and should fetch a very strong price if it looks as nice as it sounds, and does well with its PPI. Good luck with your sale!

Originally Posted by quiverkiller
I'm curious of the consensus here for my car's value. Both for the super savvy that contribute to this thread and the larger market of potential buyers that might shop on car gurus or similar.

2007 997.1 C2S
Atlas grey on black
manual
57k mi
full factory x-51 kit
sports chrono, PCCB
clean carfax, full service history available, I'm the second owner.
Old 11-09-2020 | 01:58 PM
user 729082021
Banned

Originally Posted by ThomasCarreraGTS
Call me jaded, but I always feel like these kind of posts are really intended to be for sale ads from people who dont want to pay for placing the ad. Anyway, that sounds like a real nice car and should fetch a very strong price if it looks as nice as it sounds, and does well with its PPI. Good luck with your sale!
Maybe only a little jaded. The car is not for sale but I might consider selling depending on the responses here. I would advertise it in the marketplace here as well as other sites if I do make that decision.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasCarreraGTS (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020 | 02:02 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

I spent 16 years in the automotive sales business so like I said, I’m probably jaded! Sounds like a great spec! Good luck - I’m sure you’ll do well!

Maybe only a little jaded. The car is not for sale but I might consider selling depending on the responses here. I would advertise it in the marketplace here as well as other sites if I do make that decision.
lexhair (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020 | 03:10 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

I'm curious of the consensus here for my car's value. Both for the super savvy that contribute to this thread and the larger market of potential buyers that might shop on car gurus or similar.

2007 997.1 C2S
Atlas grey on black
manual
57k mi
full factory x-51 kit
sports chrono, PCCB
clean carfax, full service history available, I'm the second owner.
$45k tops

X51 is a nice bragging right, but it puts the car between 997.2 C2 and C2S power levels.
PCCB is either a plus or a hinderance to some.
Beyond $45k you're looking at .2 C2S pricing with higher or C2 pricing with lower miles and most people would go for the newer more reliable car consistently.
Old 11-09-2020 | 04:29 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Given the miles (while not excessive by any means, certainly are not a plus towards driving a premium price) - I think $45k is not far off on the upper end.

Perhaps there are other aspects of the car not revealed in the brief sketch of your description that could contribute to adding more value.

That said, there are not many out there for sale (especially manuals). Atlas Gray to me would be a plus. The PCCB brakes - personally I could take them or leave them.

To the OP - what are you expecting to get out of it?

Old 11-09-2020 | 04:38 PM
Greg964
Pro

I agree $45k +/-. OP did not mention condition or other options (sport seats or full leather) which could add a bit of value. Also at 57k miles most buyers will be looking for a recent clutch. If clutch is original I think that will detract from the value.
Old 11-09-2020 | 04:39 PM
user 729082021
Banned

Originally Posted by Ironman88
Given the miles (while not excessive by any means, certainly are not a plus towards driving a premium price) - I think $45k is not far off on the upper end.

Perhaps there are other aspects of the car not revealed in the brief sketch of your description that could contribute to adding more value.

That said, there are not many out there for sale (especially manuals). Atlas Gray to me would be a plus. The PCCB brakes - personally I could take them or leave them.

To the OP - what are you expecting to get out of it?
If I could get an offer of $52k I might consider selling it. Otherwise I prefer to keep it. Considering how bearish I've observed contributors here to be, I think that might be possible if I cast a wide enough net and have patience. I'm still not quite ready to list it, however.
Old 11-09-2020 | 04:54 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

If I could get an offer of $52k I might consider selling it. Otherwise I prefer to keep it. Considering how bearish I've observed contributors here to be, I think that might be possible if I cast a wide enough net and have patience. I'm still not quite ready to list it, however.
I think $52k is quite possible - but only if you have a briefcase in the back seat that would stay with the car (with $5k to $7k of cash in it.)

Last edited by Ironman88; 11-09-2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: I can't spell...
The following 3 users liked this post by Ironman88:
AxelR (11-10-2020), lexhair (11-09-2020), mjsporsche (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020 | 05:22 PM
///Malcontent
Rennlist Member

Are there any other expensive options? Full leather? Adaptive seats? You might get a decent price on Bring a Trailer with really good photos, good records, and good comment/bidder engagement.
Old 11-10-2020 | 06:51 PM
Porschejam
Instructor

Wrong thread for this conversation.

Try the classifieds.
Old 11-11-2020 | 12:32 PM
Darkhorse
Rennlist Member

Please consider this question about how CarFax affects my car's value and my doing additional modifications. I have no plan or need to to sell my 997.2 C4S Manual Cabriolet but I have some decisions to make, and am curious about your opinions of the CarFax and the proposed mods.

Thanks in Advance!

I am considering spending a lot, relative to the car's value, on suspension and some other bits. But, if the car's value is limited by two Carfax damage reports, I might go a different route. I am 62, retired and have no intention of selling it, but I don't want to feel that I am trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. So please, have a look at my, IMHO, very nice 997, and opine about the value and doing more mods to the car.

Carfax: 10/16: parking lot dings and scratches on one side / repaired repainted left side, 04/17: I scraped a tire stack at a PCA HPDE. Replaced the bumper cover and RF fender and repainted front and right side. Documented repairs. Paint corrected and Xpel Ultimate PPF installed in 03/18.

2009 997.2 C4S Cabriolet, Manual, Sport-Chrono, Meteor Grey Metallic, black standard leather, heated ventilated 4 way seats. 38,000 miles, consistent 2500 to 4000 miles per year. Paper service records from 2013 to present, others shown on CarFax. Recent 12 yr/120K recommended service, OEM clutch and DMF, p-s pump, belt, all fluids, third set of plugs and coil packs since new. Very good Blackstone Oil Analysis report in 2018, 2019, and 2020. DME shows no over-revs beyond Zone 2. I am a little OCD about maintenance and detailing.

Current Mods:

Numeric Short Shifter and Numeric Cables, Sharkwerks center muffler bypass, IPD intake plenum, BMC air filters

Mods under consideration:

TPC DSC
Bilstein B-16 Coil-overs
Rennline Adjustable Engine Mounts

Upgrade with CatBack Exhaust like Borla
Upgrade to 997 Comfort Seats
Numeric four pedal set

The following 2 users liked this post by Darkhorse:
Hootsama (11-11-2020), Ironman88 (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020 | 01:01 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

I am not quite sure that I understand the direction you're going with asking the question about value if you have no intention or interest in selling the car.

It's hard to ascertain much from the photos regarding the degree of quality of the repair and paintwork - other than it looks great from the photos. If you're satisfied with the work done (and it sounds like you would be your own most discerning critic concerning that work), then I don't think it would have a substantial impact on the value of the car - especially since you have documentation on the before condition that would assuage any concerns by a future potential buyer about there being more significant damage that was corrected.

I say - do the upgrades.

One thing about the DSC Controller - it would not have to stay with the car in the event of a future sale. Those units are immensely marketable - either new or used (I bought a used one myself). Most of the cost of that unit will be returned to you. (You may want to consider doing that upgrade first - and the see how you like the results. You may have second thoughts about the other suspension upgrades after the DSC upgrade.)

Beautiful car. Enjoy it!

Old 11-11-2020 | 06:05 PM
Porschejam
Instructor

Please consider this question about how CarFax affects my car's value and my doing additional modifications. I have no plan or need to to sell my 997.2 C4S Manual Cabriolet but I have some decisions to make, and am curious about your opinions of the CarFax and the proposed mods.

Thanks in Advance!

Again, we're really stretching this thread, but if you're not planning on selling, think of it differently. Think of it as modding your car as an alternative to selling it and buying something newer with those mods! Right now it's cheaper to do the mods yourself. Don't let the CARFAX prevent you from enjoying your car. It's gorgeous, by the way.

Last edited by Porschejam; 11-11-2020 at 06:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porschejam:
Darkhorse (11-13-2020), Hootsama (11-11-2020)
Old 11-12-2020 | 09:49 AM
Hoodoo
Instructor

Darkhorse - that's a beautiful car and I'd be on it like a hobo on a hot dog if it were for sale. That being said, you should keep it. The imperfect Carfax will impact the value, which is a compelling reason to hang onto it and continue the tasteful modifications.
Darkhorse (11-13-2020)
Old 11-12-2020 | 05:06 PM
mbatarga
Racer

2008 997 S shows up on my search just today at MB of Denver. Red Ext, Brown Int, 21k miles - $46k. No pictures as it just came in...
Using VIN - search shows other listings with Guards Red, another with Ruby Red - one shows MT - other shows Auto. NOT sure what this had

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=287448561

Can't believe it so I just called them. They got it in yesterday - and sold this AM.
Anyone here buy it?

Last edited by mbatarga; 11-12-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)