Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 10:41 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Those turbo IIs need spacers bad. Something does not look right about those. I thought the turbo IIs were a 51 et. The other set just does not like right on the aero kit car either.
Originally Posted by WantA997
Turbo II's also came in narrow body offset. My old C2S had them. Nothing a 15mm spacer can't fix. And $70k for a car that doesn't even have full leather or sport seats is just laughable. They can keep the aerokit.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the aero kit. Definitely add spacers and it will look more aggressive.

I've lost count of how many times that GT Silver 997.2 has been re-listed on ebay due to the reserve not being met. I've even went so far to call/text him and ask what his reserve was after the 3rd time it didn't meet. I gave him a reasonable offer and **** bit my head off with "1 out of xxx GT Silver C2S with the factory aero kit", "are you sick", "I've sold over 100 911's" and some other b/s. That's when I realized this guy is a class act and not even worth conducting business with.

Here is the owner if you want to reach out to him. It's such a shame when such a nice car is pimped out from dealer to dealer. I don't mind a multi owner car but here is one example of raising an eyebrow on a such a low mileage vehicle.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...carrera-s.html
Old 12-18-2017, 11:46 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey guys, been in the hunt for a GTS for a while, love this thread and all I've been learning.

I'd had a 6-speed manual car on the brain, but then realized everything I own or have owned has been a manual! Might be time to see what modern driving is about. Drove a PDK car at the Porsche Experience and was hooked. So...

This car is at Houston Porsche dealer. GTS, It has PDK, plus thankfully (to me) it has the bolt-on (ie, not Center Lock) wheels and I happen to like the Carrera Sport wheels. Also, I'm one of the rare folks who doesn't like Alcantara. No offense, it's just not me and this car has the ventilated seats. Only saying these are my personal preferences.

In 2016, the second owner was driving to this same dealership for service and got hit on the driver's door. No airbag, no broken glass. She drove straight there as scheduled but added the door repair! (The salesman I'm working with was her contact also; he saw the car pull in.) So that's the negative, but a minor one, and I plan on driving the car. Assured it is fixed well, which is supported by the Porsche CPO on the car..

Best thing? Only 8,900 miles.

https://www.momentumporsche.com/cert...b917d3890c.htm

I have a deposit on the car pending inspection. Just seeing if you guys see stuff I don't, things to ask, et cetera. Price seem ok?
Old 12-18-2017, 11:57 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 962 Posts

Sounds like a great car.

Some purist wont by a car that has had any paint work even minor. Others, if well documented and minor, and done correctly at a quality shop might use it to discount asking or market price a little. Get pictures of car with dent if available and what exactly was replaced. Door skin and paint or?

If its going to be a driver and not a perfect garage queen use it to get a smokin deal and drive it. 997 GTS with the boxes checked are hard to find....

Bottom line it has a small story and that could impact price on resale. But, if you keep it and drive it 5 years from now not much of a price ding.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:59 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Adams
Hey guys, been in the hunt for a GTS for a while, love this thread and all I've been learning.

I'd had a 6-speed manual car on the brain, but then realized everything I own or have owned has been a manual! Might be time to see what modern driving is about. Drove a PDK car at the Porsche Experience and was hooked. So...

This car is at Houston Porsche dealer. GTS, It has PDK, plus thankfully (to me) it has the bolt-on (ie, not Center Lock) wheels and I happen to like the Carrera Sport wheels. Also, I'm one of the rare folks who doesn't like Alcantara. No offense, it's just not me and this car has the ventilated seats. Only saying these are my personal preferences.

In 2016, the second owner was driving to this same dealership for service and got hit on the driver's door. No airbag, no broken glass. She drove straight there as scheduled but added the door repair! (The salesman I'm working with was her contact also; he saw the car pull in.) So that's the negative, but a minor one, and I plan on driving the car. Assured it is fixed well, which is supported by the Porsche CPO on the car..

I have a deposit on the car pending inspection. Just seeing if you guys see stuff I don't, things to ask, et cetera. Price seem ok?
Nice car. Plastic dash and seats would be a deal breaker for me though.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:05 AM
996AE
Rennlist Member

A GTS without full leather so it aint so Joe.

I thought full leather was standard in the 997 GTS. Darn.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:35 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Personally, I'm not a fan of the aero kit. Definitely add spacers and it will look more aggressive.

I've lost count of how many times that GT Silver 997.2 has been re-listed on ebay due to the reserve not being met. I've even went so far to call/text him and ask what his reserve was after the 3rd time it didn't meet. I gave him a reasonable offer and **** bit my head off with "1 out of xxx GT Silver C2S with the factory aero kit", "are you sick", "I've sold over 100 911's" and some other b/s. That's when I realized this guy is a class act and not even worth conducting business with.

Here is the owner if you want to reach out to him. It's such a shame when such a nice car is pimped out from dealer to dealer. I don't mind a multi owner car but here is one example of raising an eyebrow on a such a low mileage vehicle.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...carrera-s.html
To me it is a sports car and so who cares about leather on the dash or doors. The aero kit to me almost makes it desirable, but silver cars just don't do it for me. Even my CGT was black as I could not do silver. I, however, do like aero kits on the 997s.

I wouldn't pay $70 for ANY 997.2 C2S. Black 997.2 aero kits cars on lower suspensions look great to me.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:53 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

To me it is a sports car and so who cares about leather on the dash or doors.
Sports car or not, these are $100k+ cars (new) that are deserving of high quality interior materials. Nothing makes a car feel more cheap than plastic all throughout the interior. I also think it's one of those options where once you have a car spec'd with it, it's hard to go back. My first 997 had full leather and there was no way I was going to downgrade to a plastic interior, regardless of how much of an upgrade the GT3 was overall.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Choon01
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Guys, I'm in the market for my first P Car and wanted to get some thoughts on this example: http://www.audivalencia.com/used/Por...37ac92686c.htm

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Conch911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought this 2005 911S Cab on Halloween night, on Ebay, for $25,100. I had been considering a yellow 911 cab for a while, first saw this one with 3 hours to go on the no reserve auction. The bad: WA State rebuilt title, car was 3500 miles away from my home in Key West. The good: 44,000 miles, manual, turbo tail, looked straight, clean and a bit mean with the 20" wheels.
Seller confirmed Carfax history, assured me car was solid, was totaled due to a front end accident and had been professionally repaired- he sounded trustworthy LOL. No time for a PPI, I could have one done after the auction, but no price adjustment and no refund of deposit if I backed out. I have bought and sold many cars on Ebay for my limo business, this was fair. No Ebay buyer protection on salvage/rebuilt title vehicles, only protection for non-delivery. My last 911 was a 1987 M491 Turbo-look cab I bought in my 20s, so I was in the weeds on this one. Flying in the face of reason and clearly violating all accepted protocol, I put in a bid I thought had a shot, given the history, and was delighted/sunk when my phone signaled the win. Trick or Treat?

I set up delivery and immersed myself in reading about IMS failures, bore scoring and frame damage. I figured I could part it out if it was junk, or the car would enter my personal fleet of 3 vehicles(all yellow), so it wouldn't be driven much.
.Car finally arrived 3 weeks ago and it is awesome! Body shop confirmed repairs done properly, mechanically sound per indy shop inspection, runs smooth and straight. Equipped with Sport Chrono, Yellow seat belts, Bose sound, Alpine ILX-107 with Apple Carplay, JL Audio amp, Fabspeed intake and exhaust(kinda LOUD), LED marker lights and tail lights, Niche 20" wheels, Nitto Invos.

When I registered the car, the Florida DMV graciously washed my title so it is now clear. Not a big deal as I plan to keep it a long time, but a little bit of unexpected lagniappe. I am happy to renter the Porsche community and look forward to participating.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:43 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

WOW

Funniest story Ive heard in a long time. Even for RL this is a great tale.

With your great luck you should put some money on Red and let it ride.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:46 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Choon01
Hey Guys, I'm in the market for my first P Car and wanted to get some thoughts on this example: http://www.audivalencia.com/used/Por...37ac92686c.htm

Thanks in advance.
A .2 manual coupe! I'd jump on that one if it ticks the boxes for you. Snag it around $46k assuming no body work, it looks like a great car.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:57 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

To me it is a sports car and so who cares about leather on the dash or doors. The aero kit to me almost makes it desirable, but silver cars just don't do it for me. Even my CGT was black as I could not do silver. I, however, do like aero kits on the 997s.

I wouldn't pay $70 for ANY 997.2 C2S. Black 997.2 aero kits cars on lower suspensions look great to me.
I'm the complete opposite and would never own another black car. They get dirty too easily. As a potential buyer and all the other people bidding on it wouldn't pay 70K either. That's why it kept re-listing and never met the reserve. Let's see what RAC lists it for.

Originally Posted by Choon01

Thanks in advance.
That's a moderate equipped base. I almost inquired about it but wasn't a fan of the MGM. You might be able to work on the price too. Look at the break rotors.

I've almost sealed a deal on a similar build Arctic Silver C2 Base with similar mileage for 44K. Passed because I couldn't get past owning a silver car.

These guys are local and can do the PPI

https://www.r2racingshop.com/
Old 12-19-2017, 02:32 PM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Adams

Strikes me odd there is no satellite radio. My wife is a music professor so we can't even look at a car without satellite radio. From responses above about this car, it is interesting to see what options trigger comments.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:01 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

As far as that $65k GTS, solid deal. I saw it when it was at $68k and lowered down to what it is at is amazing. The side swipe collision was definitely a deterrent to me only because I would like a no accident and minimal paint work car. Also no sport seats and not full leather like others mentioned which is something that I would like to try and find. However, that is a super well priced GTS, and without the accident that would be a mid $70s car, so I see no reason not to jump on it, even with the couple of small issues listed above. If you can get documentation of the accident that is even better since with that I would probably feel very comfortable buying it.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Really solid deal on a 997.2 C2S with full leather. I would be jumping on this but no electronically adjustable seats, something I must have. But $55k for a car with 17k miles is great. The pictures the dealer sent me were very good and showed a clean car but would still want a PPI. WP0AB29939S721135

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-custo...4d40f1&url=usa

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)