Sponsored by:

decided to sell the GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 01:28 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years
Out here in coastal Newport Beach/Laguna Beach, Panameras are very well received. They are everywhere. For most, in this area anyway, Panameras are more aligned with Bentleys and the like (but sportier), and are a step beyond the ubiquitous S Class/BMW 7/Audi A8 cars. Speaking strictly of driving dynamics, none of those cars come close to the Panameras. My brother and I bought our mom one. I'm always blown away each time I get behind the wheel of it. They really shrink down around the driver when on the road. And the rear passengers ride in Lear Jet levels of comfort. Nicer than anything past double its price. The fold-flat seats and rear hatch make it so useful for any situation. It's really the perfect car, in so many ways. No way to understand this until you've lived with one for a while. Just look at all the shut lines -- so clean and purposeful, like the overall car itself. It's one cohesive functional whole. It's well designed, as opposed to styled. And it's actually far, far more emotive than any photos can convey. I'd love to try a PGTS one day. May be the perfect all around car. IMHO, of course. ;-)
After reading all the BS about the Panamera it was so nice to read your infinitely more enlightened comments. And not having driven one I can't say if the car shrinks around the driver, but every one I've seen on the road sure seems to look a lot smaller- and more purposeful, muscular and refined, than I'd ever have thought from looking at pictures- or even the car sitting there in a showroom or parking lot. Like you said, cohesive, functional, designed as opposed to styled, and emotive. Spot on.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:35 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
After reading all the BS about the Panamera it was so nice to read your infinitely more enlightened comments. And not having driven one I can't say if the car shrinks around the driver, but every one I've seen on the road sure seems to look a lot smaller- and more purposeful, muscular and refined, than I'd ever have thought from looking at pictures- or even the car sitting there in a showroom or parking lot. Like you said, cohesivbe, functional, designed as opposed to styled, and emotive. Spot on.
Thanks. It all makes sense in person, and especially when you've spent real-world time with it. I, for one, appreciate that it's not the same-same three box shape, but rather a bespoke design built on a bespoke platform. Porsche didn't skimp on its development; it isn't a half-baked idea. One could argue that, in many meaningful ways, it encapsulates and represents the best of Porsche's accumulated know-how, and that it's a masterstroke of a first attempt in a category that its competition, both above and below it in the marketplace, have had far more practice in. Kind of like the 911, it stands alone in the marketplace, really.

Quick Reply: decided to sell the GTS