DIY for replacing the trunk / engine lid switch - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 997 Forum
Reload this Page >

DIY for replacing the trunk / engine lid switch

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY for replacing the trunk / engine lid switch

Old 12-29-2018, 07:18 PM
Hi-Arc
Addict
Rennlist Member

On my list to replace
Old 01-15-2019, 04:21 PM
b0rderman
User

My door sill switch is no longer reliable. Has anyone ever diagnosed and repaired their broken switch?
Old 01-15-2019, 09:19 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by b0rderman View Post
My door sill switch is no longer reliable. Has anyone ever diagnosed and repaired their broken switch?
At $80 for a new one I just replaced it. Takes 5 min.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:04 AM
b0rderman
User

I fiddled around with mine last night...reason being I needed some immediate re-assurance before locking my roller bag in there on the way to the airport (never mind that the key fob was reliably opening the frunk).

My switch seems to have failed mechanically. I simply need to pull the switch up and slightly towards the drivers seat to have it activate the release. I will be replacing the switch, but just a heads up to anyone ever in a panic. Just try slightly different directional pressures as you pull the switch up. If I pull my switch straight up or towards the door it does not release the hood...however if I ever so slightly apply some rightward pressure as I pull up it works every time...for now.

New switch on the way.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:10 PM
JustinCase
User

Originally Posted by b0rderman View Post
My switch seems to have failed mechanically. I simply need to pull the switch up and slightly towards the drivers seat to have it activate the release. I will be replacing the switch, but just a heads up to anyone ever in a panic. Just try slightly different directional pressures as you pull the switch up. If I pull my switch straight up or towards the door it does not release the hood...however if I ever so slightly apply some rightward pressure as I pull up it works every time...for now..
When mine broke, I felt the plastic give, but I found I could still use it in exactly the manner described above. Still, I felt a lot better after I replaced it. I threw the Allen key I modified (by cutting it down to fit between the seat and the sill) in my tool box as I anticipate changing this switch again someday. Of course, if I keep it around, I'll *never* have to replace this switch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY for replacing the trunk / engine lid switch

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: