Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fidelity Platinum Extended Warranty - Recent Prices Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 01:28 AM
oronymo
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

I went through the gamut of warranty options. In the end, only 2 of the providers would cover my 12 year old 80k mile car (not too surprising). One is Liberty Bell which offers a 5 year comprehensive / exclusionary program for only $3,800. Sounds too good to be true.. and I think it might be (needs more research).

The other is Fidelity (via Mike at Moss motors) which has a good reputation on this site, but it is $12,000 for "platinum" exclusionary, which is not worth it. However, the 4 year powertrain warranty is $3,600 and I'm seriously considering that as it would cover "all lubricated parts" of the engine including cylinders and pistons, as well as transmission and coolant components such as water pump.

In case you're curious, I talked to all of these people:
  • Liberty Bell: 5yr Comprehensive: $3,800
  • Fidelity: 4yr Platinum: $11,500, 4yr Powertrain: $3,600
  • Endurance: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • EasyCare: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • GWC: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • National Warranty: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • Carchex: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • CNA National: No Applicable Coverage Available
Old 03-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Greenchunks
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oronymo
I went through the gamut of warranty options. In the end, only 2 of the providers would cover my 12 year old 80k mile car (not too surprising). One is Liberty Bell which offers a 5 year comprehensive / exclusionary program for only $3,800. Sounds too good to be true.. and I think it might be (needs more research).

The other is Fidelity (via Mike at Moss motors) which has a good reputation on this site, but it is $12,000 for "platinum" exclusionary, which is not worth it. However, the 4 year powertrain warranty is $3,600 and I'm seriously considering that as it would cover "all lubricated parts" of the engine including cylinders and pistons, as well as transmission and coolant components such as water pump.

In case you're curious, I talked to all of these people:
  • Liberty Bell: 5yr Comprehensive: $3,800
  • Fidelity: 4yr Platinum: $11,500, 4yr Powertrain: $3,600
  • Endurance: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • EasyCare: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • GWC: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • National Warranty: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • Carchex: No Applicable Coverage Available
  • CNA National: No Applicable Coverage Available
Oronymo, Liberty Bell's top tier policy the Platinum Prime is not a true Exclusionary policy from what I could tell. They list both what is not covered and what is covered. Also, if you decide to cancel beyond 30 days, in order to get your pro-rated refund of the remainder of the contract you have to pay $325 to them. "3) ALL CANCELLATION REFUNDS AFTER THIRTY (30) DAYS ARE SUBJECT TO A $75 PROCESSING FEE AND A 250.00 REGISTRATION FEE."

Now that spring is around the corner, I may start digging in again to getting something. I've been looking at Infinite Auto for mine which seems to be on par with Liberty/Endurance but only has a $25 fee to cancel, and $50 to transfer to a new owner. I have a few concerns about labor rate and new/used part usage, documentation of maintenance and 'existing issue' but I will try and get answers in writing from them instead of over the phone. It does seem like the most costly repair these cars could have (bore scoring) is pretty solidly covered under the basic powertrain part of nearly every single companies warranty as it's an internally lubricated engine part that fails, unless I am missing something?
Old 03-12-2019, 10:50 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Endurance is offering me their platinum 5 year/100k policy for $140 month, on my 09 CS2 with 54k miles. That isn't exactly cheap, but it might be OK for 1 year.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:28 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickdogg82
No idea is the quote is good or bad, but $6K for 30K miles of coverage seems like too much to spend.
The mileage number, 60k is in addition to the existing miles. Essentially taking coverage to 90k miles. The deal on that car did not go through.

Instead I purchased the same exact spec'd car but with 18k miles. Amazing how much the price for the warranty decreases. I am working with Mike at Moss. It is my understanding that year and trim have very little impact on price and that mileage is the primary risk factor.

Deal on 28k Mile Car - 6 Year / 60k Miles for $6k.

Deal on 18k Mile Car - 6 years / 60k miles for $4.4k or 7 years / 70k miles for $5.2k

I had a Fidelity Platium policy on my V10 TDI Touareg. The rates were exactly the same for V10 TDI or V6 Gas. Obviously repairs on the V10 would be vastly more expensive.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 403 Posts

I caved in and just got a 3 year/36k mile powertrain plus contract from Fidelity for my 07S cab. They work thru another broker now to sell these and they quoted me $3400. I didn’t have to bring my car into a dealer for inspection though. They just took my VIN number and asked me the current mileage and I had my contract within 15 minutes of the phone call. Now I can breathe easy for the next 3 yrs at least.

Last edited by Carreralicious; 04-24-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:11 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

I got a new guy that I bought a Fidelity platinum policy for my new Cayman that was about 10% cheaper than Mossey for my 4/48 policy.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:14 PM
thegoatfarmer
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
I got a new guy that I bought a Fidelity platinum policy for my new Cayman that was about 10% cheaper than Mossey for my 4/48 policy.
Does this new guy only offer warranties on new cars? Could you PM their contact details?
Old 04-11-2019, 12:23 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

No, my Cayman is used (MY2014).. Even though I am still under factory warranty for 2 more months, I went ahead and got it now as the price for the Fidelity platinum jumps quote a bit once you go over 25K miles. (I'm at 24,700).

I got it from:

Troy Dietrich
tdietrich@toyotaofgreenfield.com
Factory Discount Warranty
Toyota & Ford of Greenfield
Fathers & Sons Audi & Volkswagen

Tel. 413-772-0989
Fax. 413-774-2247

Web. http://www.FD-Warranty.com

Old 04-11-2019, 02:51 PM
oronymo
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by boxtaboy
I caved in and just got a 3 year/36k mile powertrain only contract from Fidelity for my 07S cab. They work thru another broker now to sell these and they quoted me $3400. I didn’t have to bring my car into a dealer for inspection though. They just took my VIN number and asked me the current mileage and I had my contract within 15 minutes of the phone call. Now I can breathe easy for the next 3 yrs at least.
Whats the mileage on your 07?

I'm still on the fence about this. I just had my 80k service done on my 07 T4S and other than cracked coils (which i had replaced and I don’t think is covered by powertrain anyway) everything is in great shape.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:58 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by boxtaboy
I caved in and just got a 3 year/36k mile powertrain only contract from Fidelity for my 07S cab. They work thru another broker now to sell these and they quoted me $3400. I didn’t have to bring my car into a dealer for inspection though. They just took my VIN number and asked me the current mileage and I had my contract within 15 minutes of the phone call. Now I can breathe easy for the next 3 yrs at least.
Some won't offer sight unseen warranties on cars older than 5 years - where did you get this warranty for the 07 ? Thanks.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

I have 28k miles on my car. They cover stuff like waterpumps too, so I figure I’ll prob get some of this back and have peace of mind for the next 3 yrs if something comes up that is catastrophic.

Originally Posted by oronymo
Whats the mileage on your 07?

I'm still on the fence about this. I just had my 80k service done on my 07 T4S and other than cracked coils (which i had replaced and I don’t think is covered by powertrain anyway) everything is in great shape.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:09 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Call (844) 773-4956‬. I originally called Fidelity directly and they told me that they don’t provide a list of dealerships anymore and instead provided the number above of a broker that they send folks to get their Fidelity warranties. I was real glad to hear that he wouldn’t need me to bring the car in for an inspection cause I didn’t want some Hyundai or Ford dealer guy to drive my car.

Oh, and funny thing is I tried to get an extended warranty thru my Porsche dealer first, and they said they only do it for 09 and up. (Which don’t have the IMS)! LOL!

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
Some won't offer sight unseen warranties on cars older than 5 years - where did you get this warranty for the 07 ? Thanks.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:48 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
No, my Cayman is used (MY2014).. Even though I am still under factory warranty for 2 more months, I went ahead and got it now as the price for the Fidelity platinum jumps quote a bit once you go over 25K miles. (I'm at 24,700).

I got it from:

Troy Dietrich
tdietrich@toyotaofgreenfield.com
Factory Discount Warranty
Toyota & Ford of Greenfield
Fathers & Sons Audi & Volkswagen

Tel. 413-772-0989
Fax. 413-774-2247

Web. http://www.FD-Warranty.com

tony said he cannot sell warranties unless vehicle is still covered under manufacturer warranty.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:12 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryangambrill
tony said he cannot sell warranties unless vehicle is still covered under manufacturer warranty.
Ah, ok.

so use Troy if still under warranty or Mike@Mossey if you aren't.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:56 AM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

I have seen posts that state that you cannot buy a policy directly from Fidelity but it seems that you can? I called the company and they will offer direct- the policy names just seem to be different for the same levels of coverage depending upon the channel (i.e., dealer network v DTC). For instance, the "Platinum" purchased directly from Fidelity is called the "Premium"- at least that is what was represented to me. Has anyone purchased direct? Are there reasons to choose purchasing through a dealer?

Thanks,

G.

Quick Reply: Fidelity Platinum Extended Warranty - Recent Prices Here