Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale city area that could look at a car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 11:05 AM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale city area that could look at a car?

Hey Guys,

925 W Broward Blvd,

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

I live in FL but up in the Villages about 3.5 hours away from this dealer. They have a car I'm considering but I am skeptical as there are a couple of bad reviews on them. I am curious if the car is even on their lot. Is there anyone here that lives close enough by that it wouldn't be too much of an imposition to ask you to go by and just have a look at it. I'd like to have a pair of eyes on it before I go any further if possible.

The business is located at:

Euro Motorsports, Inc.
925 W Broward Blvd,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

The car I hope is there is a 2011 C4S - White with 2 tone black and sand beige interior - highly optioned. If you can without much trouble please call me or PM me. Or you can use my private email at tmbromley@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch,

Tim
Old 11-15-2014, 10:53 PM
tbrom
Racer

I am curious why there have been 109 views by folks that know what I'm asking for and no one has written anything?

I do appreciate the views though. Is there nobody that lives close?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2014, 03:00 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,016 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrom
I am curious why there have been 109 views by folks that know what I'm asking for and no one has written anything?

Thanks
I give you my 2c since you're asking. I don't understand all the handwringing and hesitation. Unless the car is a complete disaster exterior and/or interior wise you'll end up doing a PPI no matter what a volunteer Rennlister says so why not ask the dealer if they'll assist in getting the car to Champion for a PPI and be done with it? A lousy $250 will answer all your questions and help you greatly in making your decision. Of course....if the car's not on the lot as you're also worried about then you'll get that answered too when you take the dealer down the PPI path and you won't spend any money at all.

I'd get on with it in case the car is clean. Clean 997's priced right don't last and you're wasting a lot of time here. Btw....I don't live close.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:01 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Perhaps people wanted to get further details by looking at your post before committing. Is that unreasonable? I think calling people out for looking at your post and not responding is - bit obnoxious but I understand that may not have been your intent. I heard champion doesn't do PPIs anymore. Id take it to Gulf a Performance right near Champion for a PPI. Why you'd want to trust anyone else's judgment whom you've never meant is beyond me, no offense to anyone here even though I've been on the forum for a few years a there are a good bunch of guys and girls here.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:19 PM
tbrom
Racer

Default In reply

Hey Posters,

Apparently you that have been kind enough to post feel that I am asking way too much when asking one of you living in the area to go by the dealership to see if the car is actually there. That's fine but you also apparently think it may be a bit silly to even ask because, "why anyone would take a persons info without knowing them is beyond..." - think about it - all I want to know is if the car is there - walk around it as long as you stopped in and see if it looks good from the outside? That's all - obviously none those reading this post that posted read my other post asking whether anyone had any knowledge good or bad of this dealer.

So let me take a bit of time to explain it to you all. Sure 250 is not much for a PPI - I get that - really I do. Oh and by the way - Champion does do PPIs, I know because I called them - ok. Ok, so lets get on with the story. This is one of those small time dealers in Ft. Lauderdale, and right there they have a big strike against them, but the only reviews I've read on them are bad ones - 2 to be exact - that's it - only two. Those that may have read my post about the dealer and the other posts I got about south florida being a stronghold of "scum and villainy" might get an idea why I might not want to get too involved with someone that may not even have the car on the lot.

Of the two bad reviews one of them was from a guy that didn't purchase a car from them because they could never produce the vehicle over two weeks of dealing with them, lost out on another he was looking at and was pissed. The other was from a disgruntled purchaser that was mad about the Rolls he bought because it was misrepresented and there were things obviously wrong with the car - like dents in the body, broken seat belts and other issues and all they got from this dealer was that it must have been the shipper....see what I mean. Otherwise the only thing I could find on them was the build up they got from their friends on Facebook and none of those actually purchased anything.

The only reason I would even get interested is because I've had an indication thru emails that they would be willing to sell it for just over what they have in it - that could be a good deal. It was on Ebay with an opening bid requirement of 62K - over a week and no one even bid on the car. So I don't want to get involved with someone that may be an obvious crook and if someone was nice enough to go by that lives near there and see if the car actually exists on the lot it would be a good enough reason for me to ask them to take it to Champion for a PPI or even the recommended guy that one of you, awrryan, suggested but then why would I necessarily take that suggestion without knowing something about "awrryan"....: )

Guys I am not asking for you to take a checklist over, a flash light and your crawler to the dealer to inspect the car - I just want to know if this place is real and that there really is a car there. You can't be too careful when talking about this part of Florida when not talking about a real Porsche dealer. That's my feeling and others on this site as well.

Sure I could call them and talk with them and perhaps get the run around while they were yanking my chain about why the car isn't there right now and piddle with them on that note waiting to spend my 250 on a PPI from a truly reputable dealer but somehow that just seems like it could lead me down a rat hole that would only serve to really be a mess. At least before I talked with them I would know if the car was there or not. But hey - I don't want to put anyone out - and it's a lot of trouble. It's also hard for me to believe that of those that have read this post that not one of you live in the area? I'm not calling anyone out but I am curious why people read this post if not with the intent to perhaps lend me a helping hand.

So now I know. No biggy - I'm just not going to waist anymore of your time or mine with this "possible good deal". For the kind of money I'm thinking of spending it makes a lot more sense to be sure that there would be no title issues, no worries if the money that changes hands would actually pay off the car if they have a lien on it or if they actually paid the taxes on it. Why would I want to put anyone or me for that matter thru this or make anyone a party to a situation that has all the ear marks of a bad deal.

One thing that one can find out about this car is that the second real owner apparently leased it and drove it exactly 13000 miles in around 4 months. So this really is just most likely one of those deals that sounds too good to be true. So at this point if anyone else would like to pursue this "good" deal - feel free - I am relinquishing any and all "first claims on a gentleman's basis" to the rest of you that may be looking for a C4S 2011 that could be a great deal. I wish anyone that pursues this all the best of luck. I wash my hands of the deal. No one has to put themselves out any further on my account.

Thank you all that read or will read this post - perhaps it will give any others an insight into dealing with Euro Motorsports, Inc. - which when plugged into my browser, one of the hits said "fictitious" business? Don't really know what that means. A special thanks to those that posted and if I can be of service to you guys I will be glad to share my "verbal" insights if I have anything constructive to offer you two in the future.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 267 Posts

I have done this favors for others in the forum, no big deal. I wish that I was closer, and I would have gone for you. Good luck in your search!
Old 11-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is my 2 cents, I just brought a 2013 Boxster S a month and a half ago. The dealer also had bad ebay reviews. The car had wrong transmission listed, it's PDK but listed as a 6sp manual. It has nearly $100K MSRP and listed at a very reasonable price. I gave them a low offer, they counter with a couple of grand more. Everything seems like it was too good to be true. I had them drive it to a Porsche dealership to have it PPI. Talked to the mechanic who did the PPI, I asked if the car had modifications, if the paint looks good, any rock chips, dents, dirty interior. The mechanic said, no, everything is perfect, looks like a highly optioned promotional car. It has a lot of options and more. I asked him if he would buy it if he was in the market, he said, "in a heartbeat if he had the money, the car is barely brokent in". Once I got the copy of the PPI, I placed my deposit. I did the expect same with my 997.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:27 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Sure I could call them and talk with them and perhaps get the run around while they were yanking my chain about why the car isn't there right now and piddle with them on that note waiting to spend my 250 on a PPI from a truly reputable dealer but somehow that just seems like it could lead me down a rat hole that would only serve to really be a mess.
There. You're suggesting the only rational solution yourself but for some reason you can't seem to get comfortable with it. Maybe because your reasoning suggests you think this little dealer controls everything in this situation. Think again. They don't control anything except for their own interest. You control your own interests no matter what they say and do.

Here's a suggestion for what it's worth to you. Call the dealer and tell them you're interested in the car and ask if they'll assist in getting the PPI done. If the response is storytelling and excuses.......hang up, close this chapter and move on. If they agree to work with you, assume they may have a clean car and then talk to your PPI man. Tell him that you haven't seen the car and not proceed with the full PPI if the car looks crappy inside and/or out. This approach will answer all your questions and will cost you between nothing and $250.

Worst case scenario as I see it would be a beat up car that your PPI man rejects just by looking at it and you may owe him a tip. Or the car looks clean but the PPI uncovers issues and you're out $250 which may have saved you a lot of headaches.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:21 AM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks
And now you know why I fled South Florida Tim. We are a community of like-minded Porsche enthusiasts here who help each other out as much as we can. I've had volunteers get eyes on a car for me before committing $'s to a PPI around the country but in Florida you get awrryan sandwedges.

It's not that South Florida is cursed with crooked used car dealerships, they earned them.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:04 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
And now you know why I fled South Florida Tim. We are a community of like-minded Porsche enthusiasts here who help each other out as much as we can. I've had volunteers get eyes on a car for me before committing $'s to a PPI around the country but in Florida you get awrryan sandwedges.

It's not that South Florida is cursed with crooked used car dealerships, they earned them.

Man....all the hatred and emotions. Maybe there's more than bad relationships with car dealerships involved here. How exactly am I leading Tim astray in your opinion? He's asked for advice and opinions repeatedly and even called the forum out for reading his requests without responding. So I offered my opinion per his request and he's free to do what he wants with it.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:30 AM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Man....all the hatred and emotions. Maybe there's more than bad relationships with car dealerships involved here. How exactly am I leading Tim astray in your opinion? He's asked for advice and opinions repeatedly and even called the forum out for reading his requests without responding. So I offered my opinion per his request and he's free to do what he wants with it.
No hatred and no emotion, just observation. In this thread Tim asked if someone would get eyes on the car for him. A simple request which you could have easily ignored if you weren't interested in helping. But you did reply. Out of guilt or to discourage others from helping as well? Either way it wasn't to help and it took effort, far easier to say nothing at all.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:41 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

No hatred and no emotion, just observation. In this thread Tim asked if someone would get eyes on the car for him. A simple request which you could have easily ignored if you weren't interested in helping. But you did reply. Out of guilt or to discourage others from helping as well? Either way it wasn't to help and it took effort, far easier to say nothing at all.
Can you imagine that it was offered as an alternative since nobody nearby was willing to do what he wanted? This has been going on for days now and Tim kept probing. Do you really think saying nothing at all would have been better than suggesting something in lieu of nothing? Especially after he got borderline testy that nobody responded to him. He clearly wants the car but can't seem to figure out how to go about it so I would think opinions would be welcome. Then he can do what he wants with those opinions.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:09 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

You don't know me and your insinuation couldn't be further from the truth. A community of like-minded individuals does not mean that one has to go out of their way of it's not convenient. Of course, if you're one that expects people to go out of their way at their own inconvenience, the operative word being "expects," then the issue isn't really with me or sandwedge.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:04 AM
tbrom
Racer

I appreciate BreakingBad's perspective and his helpful nature and he's right - all I wanted was someone if possible to lay eyes on the car. This land around South Florida is full of scammers and getting involved with a dealer that has only two reviews, both being bad and one being about producing a car, would make one skeptical about doing business with them at all. But it is obvious that those that commented one of which may even live in the area don't have the time or are offering an alternative to having someone lay eyes on the car. That's ok. I'd like to have the car IF I can get it in my budget - that's really the rub for me.

There are two things going on here - a sign that they may be willing to let the car go for an extremely "reasonable" price and their bad reputation - those two things don't usually go together. I am very suspicious by nature having been around the block more than a few times. Sandwedge offered an opinion - still he didn't take all my worries into consideration but he did offer an alternative considering it looks as though no one is able to get by conveniently to assist - that's ok.

Awrryan obviously isn't close enough to make a convenient effort - that's fine too - just say it and let it go - his post didn't make much sense to me? It surely wasn't too helpful and he investigated the post before committing and decided, I suppose, that my cause wasn't worth committing too or that it was not convenient to help - I get it ok. No biggy, I don't want anyone to be put out.

Others here, now at least, even though they are not in the area have spoken out and I really do appreciate the sentiment. Both Robocop and Breaking have spoken to the issue exactly and I think that's really nice.

Let me say this about this group, which most of us are happy to have and are more than willing to depend on because we are like minded individuals. It should be obvious to those of us that have been around the barn a few times with cars that there is a super collective intelligence here and I don't have to know anyone personally to know that I am smart enough to take their assistance and glean the good from it. It doesn't take me long to read any helpful post to know pretty well the level of assistance I'm getting. I appreciate this group a lot and we all have our own ways of trying to help. HELP being the operative word here. Say for instance someone went by this dealer - saw the car there and walked around it enough to see if it was clean in appearance and that the staff didn't seem like they were going to take you in the back room and "work you over" - what more could I ask for but a simple report from that person. I also would have gotten exactly what I needed to go a step further while still worrying whether at the end of the trail someone might try and "take me to the cleaners".

In the end the reason I am even considering this bunch is because of price and the car, that is if the car actually is in their possession. There are a multitude of things that can go wrong even after I get a PPI and confirm the car is there - when money changes hands one can be taken down a road of "no return" in a hurry with sometimes disastrous results and that, Sandwedge, is what really worries me - when money leaves my hand what then - all of a sudden it is indeed out of my control and I am now relying on righteous business dealings for everything to come out like it is supposed too. And at that point it is out of my hands and I am at the mercy so to speak of these people, this dealer, and that is or could be a scary thing which could leave me in a very bad situation. I hope that little peek into a possible scenario is enough to indicate my concerns here. I know for sure that Breaking Bad gets it.

I think if Breaking Bad were to give me even more clear suggestions he might be inclined to say - "Run Forest, Run"! Just sayin.....

So that's a little more to the point and I hope everyone understands how much I appreciate this group and the help it gives on so many issues. That's why I help and that's why I like being a part of this list!

I have gone a step further with this dealer because at this point other than totally giving up on a slightly possible good outcome, I choose to give them another small opportunity. I am wading in as carefully at this point as I know how. We'll see what comes of it but I am still very wary. I don't know what I'll find out today but I'll keep you guys informed.

Thanks everyone
Old 11-17-2014, 11:45 AM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts

I appreciate BreakingBad's perspective and his helpful nature and he's right - all I wanted was someone if possible to lay eyes on the car.

Thanks everyone
That's how I interpreted your post. That's how I also interpreted your followup. I didn't think you were "calling anyone out", perhaps busting chops, but that's normal along with your request.

Whoever responded with that long diatribe about you calling people out has so a long stick up where the sun don't shine!

Also PPI's aren't the end all be all. It's always helpful to have more eyes on the car, especially one coming from a small car dealer.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale city area that could look at a car?