Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you find your car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 11:39 PM
rlddlr53
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found my 997 as I was looking for a 987 Cayman S in Honolulu. The selection of cars here is very small, and my gf found a 997 in Seal Gray online and told me to go look at it. I was partial to a 993, but could not find one.

First day I looked at the car, drove it, inspected it. Second day I got a PPI and took it home that evening after negotiating. I bought the car one month ago.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:06 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rennlist.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How did you find your car?

Auto Trader, but listed by a premium used car dealer, and took several months for the search criteria to deliver what I wanted in terms of equipment, trim level, miles, price, color and other criteria. I drove four hours south of home with a friend to drive the new ride home. Look far and wide. Use all the sites you can. Know what your "musts" are... and take Tylenol or Advil... because it all gave me a headache... as it always does, no matter what I am searching for.

I don't consider Craig's List unless I am buying something I might see at a yard sale.

I think Hemmings was good for really optioned-out 997s.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

Sold my super sweet 92 C2 Coupe (midnight blue over linen) to a local collector last summer. He had a buddy in NC who had a really nice, pampered 05 C2S Coupe that he wanted to sell. We exchanged emails, saw all the paper work and a video on the car. Kinda unique color combination Slate Gray Metallic over Sand Beige full leather, adaptive sport seats, sport chrono, manual, etc. Bought it sight unseen. Flew to NC to pick it up so I drove through the Ocoee and Nantahala river valleys on the way home. Purty cool.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:29 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also in Honolulu- Owned a low mileage '02 996C2 that i bought from friend -(orig owner) who upgraded- had it 6 yrs with no intention of selling-
I watched a cobalt blue, 07 997.1TT, 19k miles, CPO, TIP, one owner, at local dealer go down $20k in price on CL, over three months in early 2013 & finally went & drove it with salesman. Went back few days later- they threw me the keys & i went for 30 minute drive by myself- bought car that day for $61.7- $1k less than their asking price. Still love it every time ii'm in it. It's a Tip, would have rather had a 6sp, but for the price couldn't pass it up.

Quick Reply: How did you find your car?