Sponsored by:

SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:13 PM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Sorry to hear that you had to go through this.

Porsche engines are not what they used to be. Years ago you could do so much to an engine--build it stronger, modify it, etc. Now, it sounds like anything you do can easily lead to a premature failure.

Trust me, this sort of behavior by Porsche will start to impact their business. People aren't entirely stupid.
Porsche engines these days have to be modified to prevent them from failure.

I think Porsche today is where BMW was about 20 years ago. Abandon the enthusiasts in the quest for increased profits. Expand the product line to cover more of the market while riding on the heritage so carefully built up (by enthusiasts) years before.

Yes, today's contemporary GT3s and M3/M4s are outstanding cars targeted at the enthusiast, but I have no interest in owning either one. Both are too far removed from what attracted me to the brands to begin with.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:36 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by KNS
I think Porsche today is where BMW was about 20 years ago. Abandon the enthusiasts in the quest for increased profits. Expand the product line to cover more of the market while riding on the heritage so carefully built up (by enthusiasts) years before.

Yes, today's contemporary GT3s and M3/M4s are outstanding cars targeted at the enthusiast, but I have no interest in owning either one. Both are too far removed from what attracted me to the brands to begin with.
+911... with the new model ranges, you can easily compare Porsche to BMW, very similar!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:33 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLooch
Schpee007.... So far Porsche is not willing to replace to split cost... I am still fighting... The dealer offered to knock about $6k off a Cayenne Hybrid S but no word on what they would offer me for the 997s on trade in current condition... I have also call into Body Motion in Ocean, NJ for a rebuild... a few other people have recommended them as well. One thing is for certain, no one I have spoken with have heard of a needing a rebuild on a 25k mile car.... Just my luck! Will keep updated
Really? I see that all the time. How about needing a build at 9,000 miles with no track time and perfect service?

Building that one this week.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:12 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 573 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Really? I see that all the time. How about needing a build at 9,000 miles with no track time and perfect service? Building that one this week.
What year and which type of vehicle ?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:28 AM
mikeborden
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I recall, it was out of a cayman with the new 9A engine in it. Customer was bringing it in to do a displacement increase. Jake opened it up and it had some scoring in a couple of the cylinders.

Mike
Old 04-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeborden
If I recall, it was out of a cayman with the new 9A engine in it. Customer was bringing it in to do a displacement increase. Jake opened it up and it had some scoring in a couple of the cylinders.

Mike
Nope, different car.. That one had 4,165 miles on it.

This one is a 997.1 from 2006, its not an elective reconstruction.

Quick Reply: SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE!!