Sponsored by:

Anybody feel satisfied with your 997?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Cbst09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love it!

Hello, I just purchased my first Porsche on 12/27. It is a 2009 997.2 S. To be honest I never really understood what all the fuss was about regarding Porsche and didn't care much about cars at all. I have been driving either a sedan, SUV or minivan for the past 20 years and lost interest in cars altogether. On a whim I decided to treat myself to a Porsche and found one in great shape with just 16,000 miles on it. I now understand what all the fuss is about! It is ridiculously fun to drive and I am hooked. I spend hours combing through the forum topics on Rennlist and can't get enough info about the car. The forum is great and I learn something valuable everyday from it. I now know how to change the oil, air filters, bleed brakes, change pads etc. I had done these things on other cars but never before on a Porsche. Thanks to everyone for your valuable contributions to the forum and I look forward to spending many more hours combing through the helpful posts
Old 01-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Ryan M Hartman
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 29 Posts

I bought my 997.2 C4S PDK December 13. Holy Cow! There is so much I love about this car. It's incredibly fast, yet drivable. It's handles incredibly well, yet is pleasant to drive. And oh my god is it gorgeous to look at. I told myself I wasn't going to drive it all that often, but that's impossible.

Anyone have the Sharkwerks EVOMSit Software tune and X-pipe? I'm thinking both would make even more fun.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:53 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Welcome to the illness...but, where are the pics?!?!?!

Originally Posted by Cbst09
Hello, I just purchased my first Porsche on 12/27. It is a 2009 997.2 S. To be honest I never really understood what all the fuss was about regarding Porsche and didn't care much about cars at all. I have been driving either a sedan, SUV or minivan for the past 20 years and lost interest in cars altogether. On a whim I decided to treat myself to a Porsche and found one in great shape with just 16,000 miles on it. I now understand what all the fuss is about! It is ridiculously fun to drive and I am hooked. I spend hours combing through the forum topics on Rennlist and can't get enough info about the car. The forum is great and I learn something valuable everyday from it. I now know how to change the oil, air filters, bleed brakes, change pads etc. I had done these things on other cars but never before on a Porsche. Thanks to everyone for your valuable contributions to the forum and I look forward to spending many more hours combing through the helpful posts
Old 01-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Cbst09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics

Here are some pics. I am a total noob with this site and it took me a while to figure out how to attach photos.

Last edited by Cbst09; 09-17-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

I must be the guy that's never satisfied, as obvious from my long winded post on another thread!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:30 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

satisfied. being that my car has 20k miles ill upgrade 2020 at the earliest... until then i'll start modifying it mildly to keep myself at bay.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Scored...that is just classic gorgeous!!!

Practice with her in the best of health...

Here are some pics. I am a total noob with this site and it took me a while to figure out how to attach photos.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:32 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Coming up on 3 yrs of ownership next month. Looking back at my original test drive post...https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ed-on-blk.html I'd have to say that I'm still in the honeymoon stage although I've bolted on a few mods along the way to keep the drive interesting/refreshed. Maintenance wise the DIY's have saved thousands and for this former engineer it has provided hours of DIY enjoyment along with the fun ride aspect. From a repair perspective the car has been one of the most reliable I've owned at the 6 yrs/62K+ mile mark. Only 2 TPMS sensors replaced by the p-dealer outside of scheduled maintenance since it was built(I have all service records from the PO) so Porsche made out on the original warranty and CPO... something I would have expected from a Toyota but did not anticipate with a p-car. In fact, we were concerned enough re the high cost of p-dealer related service that we had held $10K in financial reserves to address maintenance/service. But in the 3 yrs and 17K+ miles since my ownership I've executed numerous maintenance and preventative maintenance jobs totaling only ~$1K in parts. Thanks all for your DIY postings. https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ech-index.html Of course, those DIY related $avings have all been reapplied towards mods and my RL membership... creative accounting can provide some additional "grin factor" towards ownership after all. So still on cloud 9 with my '08 C2S.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:21 PM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist! Beautiful car. What color? I'm a big fan of the look of the stock 997.2 carrera S wheels ...they will never go out of style.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 293 Posts

Previously owned 2 997.1 cars, now days away from 3 years ownership of my 2011 Cayman. I prefer the vintage, over the newer, more modern look. I plan on keeping this one for a *long* time.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:34 PM
et183394
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

On my sixth Porsche...started with a new 1986 944. Current car is a 2010 997 S and I had to jump in on this thread. Bought this ar over the internet with 3400 miles on it. I always really liked it, but have gained a whole new level of respect. I recently went from DC to Daytona for a track day, departed Thursday afternoon and returned Sunday night. Drove 800 miles down in complete comfort at 26 miles to the gallon. Pushed a couple of buttons to get into sports+ and drove 4 sessions around Daytona routinely above 150 miles per hour. Pushed a couple of buttons and drove 800 miles home. Cost me a few tanks of gas, some tire wear and 1/4 of a quart of oil. The combination of looks, performance and reliability are just amazing to me. I really like this car!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:30 PM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by et183394
On my sixth Porsche...started with a new 1986 944. Current car is a 2010 997 S and I had to jump in on this thread. Bought this ar over the internet with 3400 miles on it. I always really liked it, but have gained a whole new level of respect. I recently went from DC to Daytona for a track day, departed Thursday afternoon and returned Sunday night. Drove 800 miles down in complete comfort at 26 miles to the gallon. Pushed a couple of buttons to get into sports+ and drove 4 sessions around Daytona routinely above 150 miles per hour. Pushed a couple of buttons and drove 800 miles home. Cost me a few tanks of gas, some tire wear and 1/4 of a quart of oil. The combination of looks, performance and reliability are just amazing to me. I really like this car!
I had a warning from Targa Tim sticking in my head since reporting back from my 1st DE a year and a half ago.

"Beware that DE is a dead end road leading towards either purchasing a GT3/RS or modding your 997"

Quick Reply: Anybody feel satisfied with your 997?