Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Parking Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:57 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,016 Likes on 723 Posts

Terrible. The irony of course is that you would have been better off in this case if two ******** had parked on either side of you.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 PM
A4EP
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
Who takes a 911 to Costco. I thought the smallest quantity of anything you can buy there would fill up the bed of a truck?

-td
It's amazing what the frunk will fit.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

It never ends. Two weeks ago my wife and I went to Rockville Porsche to test drive a Panamera and a Boxster (very impressed with both). Stopped at a diner down the street before heading home and I do my usual thing of securing a distant spot next to a mulch bed. Now I've narrowed the possibilities to one potential spot and after lunch - a 15 year old Dodge Caravan with no tread on the tires parked next to me with its wheels on the white line! Every other spot was open so I'm wondering if the minivan owner was trying to protect their ride? I can handle someone parking next to me but leave a little room.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by GEO356
...Several witnesses managed to get the license plate number and the CVS in store surveillance cameras caught them. Police and my insurance company “are on it”.
My Porsche is in the body shop… replacing and painting the rear deck lid, new left rear tail light cluster and repair rear bumper.
Doesn’t matter how careful you park…
Glad to hear that witnesses and videos were available.

No matter how hard we as owners try to keep them safe, there are far more morons out there who have no regard for the principles of hard work, private possessions, and everyone else.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Default And Again!

Douche, four open spaces in all directions.
Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 465 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by MDClint
Unfortunately I don’t have any photos to back this story up but I thought you all my appreciate it. I was in my Audi that I had before, and I was every bit as particular with that car as I am my 997. Made a trip to the doc’s office and parked a ways away in the middle of three vacant spots. I came back out to a beat up mid-80’s RX7 parked on the right side and thought “hm, he’s parked pretty close”. His tires were touching the line so I checked out my car. Only to find a nice big gouge and dent. I did a little parking lot geometry and it lined up perfectly. The gouge even lined up with a sharp deformity along the edge of his door. So there I was, very mad and trying to figure out if there was anything that I could do. I figured if I waited for him, he would just deny it. If I called the police, they would probably tell me to stop wasting their time. So I walked to the back of the car to at least get the tag number. Only to find his set of keys that he left hanging out of the lock to the rear hatch. So I figured that was karma making itself available. His keys came home with me. lol
That my friend is a story that warmed my heart!

Tom
Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a theory about the SUVs parking next to our isolated spots...

Busy and clueless mom driver, and excited kid in the back demanding to check out the cool car?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DerekS
I have a theory about the SUVs parking next to our isolated spots...

Busy and clueless mom driver, and excited kid in the back demanding to check out the cool car?
^^^This, I know there's plenty of D-Bags out there, but I know plenty of kids (and dads) park near the car so they can look at it close up. Forza 4 released a special x-box 360 pack of all Porsche cars and I know there's kids all over the neighborhood that recognize p-cars just from that game. Everybody thinks the Bentley down the street is a Chrysler, but they all know the 911.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:31 PM
maiko
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Macduff
Old horse trailer, with horses in it, decides to park up-hill from my car, no wheel chocks or anything, even my daughter was concerned.
Everyone knows there are no hills in Houston.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not me but I saw a brand new SLK55 parked at the last spot towards the end at Lowes. When I came out, I saw a BMW convertible (e46 model) parked right next to it with plenty of empty spaces all around. I know the owner of the SLK55 must be livid when he came out.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:07 AM
SecretAsianMan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Half the pictures in this thread are of cars parked a respectful distance away where both cars could easily get in and out of the cars with no contact. I don't think anyone has a reasonable expectation that people won't park in adjacent spaces just because our cars are expensive. If they leave a reasonable amount of space and don't ding my doors, who cares?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 465 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan
Half the pictures in this thread are of cars parked a respectful distance away where both cars could easily get in and out of the cars with no contact. I don't think anyone has a reasonable expectation that people won't park in adjacent spaces just because our cars are expensive. If they leave a reasonable amount of space and don't ding my doors, who cares?
If I park far far away from every other car in the lot and you park right next to me despite the availability of 50 other spots.......yes....you are a jackass!

Tom
Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan
Ditto!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 AM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is almost identical to the urinal rules which every guy knows.

Actually, I disagree slightly with the order here. Before 4 & 5 occupy a urinal, they should attempt to use an empty stall first. Only if all stalls are full should they engage in spot 4 & 5.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 AM
hurricanesteve
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

HoB downtown Houston. had two choices: valet or surface lot. Surfed the lot to see what spots were available. This one had a car in front and a car on passenger side but the meter was on the drivers side, so i could insure good distances from the other two cars.

I guess in the 3 hours I was there, the car in front took off and this **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****er showed up.

Took a lot of pictures. Stayed up til 3am with a heat gun and all my detailing products. No lasting damage.

I know the lot had cameras, so any temptation to rage on the expedition was tempered by a desire not to go to jail or court.

In hindsight, yes it's just a car, and there is no damage. But **** ****ing ****ers. ****.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Porsche Parking Problems