Sponsored by:

Replacement TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 02:51 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by German888
These look like the EON brand that OE Wheels sells for $144 for a set of 4. What year car do you have? Assuming the reset went fine? Buying a set this week and can't decide...
2011 C4S. Got a set of 4 with shipping for $112. Everything synced up in about 10 seconds and I've been rolling for a month with no issues.

https://tpms247.com/collections/2011...nt=18836031621
Old 11-23-2016, 03:50 PM
German888
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know. I'm leaning toward coding mine off with the Durametric and disconnecting them altogether.

Originally Posted by Hula
2011 C4S. Got a set of 4 with shipping for $112. Everything synced up in about 10 seconds and I've been rolling for a month with no issues.

https://tpms247.com/collections/2011...nt=18836031621
Old 12-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

As an update and in an attempt to help future buyers avoid an issue I just had, when you purchase TPMS from OE Wheels for an '09 non-Turbo, DO NOT purchase the EON (their stock number IM-3106). These come up as a 433 MHz option for our cars but they ONLY work on Turbo cars. They will not communicate with a non-turbo.

If you purchase the Huf or Titan (their stock number TPMS-Titan Gen 2 TT-0011) 433 Mhz sensors, a non-turbo WILL read those units without issue. Their staff say that the Titan units are manufactured by Huf.

I went to their site intending to buy the Huf sensors for my winter wheels and somehow wound up purchasing the EON units. After installing them, my base C2 just would not pick them up, no matter how many times I tried to reset them. After calling OE Wheels, Brix Soto very generously sent the Titans to me with a return label for the EONs and even gave me a credit of $20 to help offset the cost of having to swap them out.

Hopefully, they will adjust their website to make the application function more selective as he was very apologetic and said that this issue has popped up with a few customers in the past.

Assuming the new sensors work as well as ones I have gotten from them in the past, I am very pleased with how they resolved the issue.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:27 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
As an update and in an attempt to help future buyers avoid an issue I just had, when you purchase TPMS from OE Wheels for an '09 non-Turbo, DO NOT purchase the EON (their stock number IM-3106). These come up as a 433 MHz option for our cars but they ONLY work on Turbo cars. They will not communicate with a non-turbo.

If you purchase the Huf or Titan (their stock number TPMS-Titan Gen 2 TT-0011) 433 Mhz sensors, a non-turbo WILL read those units without issue. Their staff say that the Titan units are manufactured by Huf.

I went to their site intending to buy the Huf sensors for my winter wheels and somehow wound up purchasing the EON units. After installing them, my base C2 just would not pick them up, no matter how many times I tried to reset them. After calling OE Wheels, Brix Soto very generously sent the Titans to me with a return label for the EONs and even gave me a credit of $20 to help offset the cost of having to swap them out.

Hopefully, they will adjust their website to make the application function more selective as he was very apologetic and said that this issue has popped up with a few customers in the past.

Assuming the new sensors work as well as ones I have gotten from them in the past, I am very pleased with how they resolved the issue.

"Hopefully" changing the website while still continuing to mislead buyers is a dishonest practice. A token $20 doesn't even cover the cost to swap sensors on one wheel. They should either get it right or cease selling the incompatible TPMS.

I wouldn't buy from OE Wheels again. They should spend some capital on additional research before selling this stuff, even if it means increasing the selling price.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:44 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,736 Likes on 845 Posts

I purchased sensors from OE wheels a year ago. I believe they were the EON sensors as they are the ones that come will valve stems. My installer tried to tell me that they were junk but I had read on the forum that they were good so I had them put them in for me anyway.

They did work with my '09 Carrera. However, they had dementia. Sometimes they would go a whole week without issue. Other times they would "forget"--sometimes multiple times a day. I would have to search for them at a stop light to make the warning light go away. They were accurate though as I tried various gauges against them to see if I got different readings. It was just irritating to have that ping constantly going off and my wife asking me "whats wrong with your car?"

Since I kept those wheels when I sold the car and will probably have them refinished, I will look at changing out the sensors. I'm nervous about OE Wheels products as I don't want that issue again.

Maybe I will mount those wheels on the 4S and see if I have better luck.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:38 PM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck getting OE Wheels to stand behind their product. I had similar problems with the Titan sensors I bought from them. They admitted they were having problems with them on Porsches and said to call back the next day and we'd work something out. I called as instructed and emailed and called again and have heard nothing. That was October.

Buyer beware.

Eddie

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I purchased sensors from OE wheels a year ago. I believe they were the EON sensors as they are the ones that come will valve stems. My installer tried to tell me that they were junk but I had read on the forum that they were good so I had them put them in for me anyway.

They did work with my '09 Carrera. However, they had dementia. Sometimes they would go a whole week without issue. Other times they would "forget"--sometimes multiple times a day. I would have to search for them at a stop light to make the warning light go away....
Old 01-24-2017, 12:50 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eddielasvegas
Good luck getting OE Wheels to stand behind their product. I had similar problems with the Titan sensors I bought from them. They admitted they were having problems with them on Porsches and said to call back the next day and we'd work something out. I called as instructed and emailed and called again and have heard nothing. That was October.

Buyer beware.

Eddie
Water under the bridge. Mine are usable, just irritating. Will probably try Tire Rack next time. I know they stand by what they sell even if they are not the cheapest.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I bought Huf Beru ones from OE Wheels 2 yrs ago for my 997.2 spare wheels. No stories, no problems, and they synch up just like the Porsche OEM ones. The sales guy recommended the Huf ones over the Titan at the time.
Just my 2 cents
Old 01-24-2017, 11:08 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 133 Posts

... for anyone wanting the German Beru sensors we have them available at the lowest price you will find on the internet with free shipping.

HUF purchased Beru TPMS back in 2011, Beru were/are the OEM suppliers to Porsche.

https://rennpart.com/product/tpms-sensor/

https://rennpart.com/product/tpms-sensor-2/

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook
Old 01-24-2017, 11:34 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

The Titan sensors that OE Wheels sent me have worked perfectly. In fact, the car picked them up before I had driven 100 feet. Daily driven since the beginning of December with no issues.

I'd say you're safe buying from them as long as you get the HUf or Titan sensors.

I still hope they have fixed their website to prevent the EON sensors from showing up in the application guide.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:23 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

I installed my "old" wheels last night that I was having sensor issues on my '09 onto my '12.

It found them before I left my driveway and has not forgotten them. Even though they are both 997.2, there is a possibility that the sensor design or supplier changed between the beginning and the end of the production run. I will leave them on for a week or so before sending them off to get refinished just to be sure.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:47 AM
hcliu
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if ITM 08002 315MHz aftermarket sensors (http://www.thewheelgroup.com/?products=aluminum-315mhz) can be programmed or cloned using IDs from original OEM sensors to work on 2006 Asian spec 997 Turbo that uses Porsche TPMS sensor part numbers 99760602301 or 99760602302? Their application chart (http://itmautoparts.com/wp-content/u...-Chart-3.4.pdf) shows only compatibility w one 315MHz Porsche TPMS sensor part number 95560602301. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I installed my "old" wheels last night that I was having sensor issues on my '09 onto my '12.

It found them before I left my driveway and has not forgotten them. Even though they are both 997.2, there is a possibility that the sensor design or supplier changed between the beginning and the end of the production run. I will leave them on for a week or so before sending them off to get refinished just to be sure.
Mike, the sensors should be the same. If you use the PCM for TPMS you will find them and calibrate accordingly. I bought Turbo 2012 rims and I found them for my 09 c2s
Old 02-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Q 997.2 C4S
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Reviving an old thread that I found in my search for TPMS info. I need a new set of TPMS sensors for my '09 C4S, and am considering the Huf UVS2000. For those of you who have had this sensor for a while, is it still working well?

https://www.oewheelsllc.com/Huf-UVS2...et-for-Porsche
Old 02-25-2018, 02:02 AM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Q 997.2 C4S
Reviving an old thread that I found in my search for TPMS info. I need a new set of TPMS sensors for my '09 C4S, and am considering the Huf UVS2000. For those of you who have had this sensor for a while, is it still working well?

https://www.oewheelsllc.com/Huf-UVS2...et-for-Porsche
These look to be the same ones I bought from OE Wheels. Still working, so no complaints.

I do smile at some of the Tire Rack posts. My experiences seem different to those posted. I followed a TR recommendation for tires for my 997 and when I had an issue, they blew it off.
For my E46, they list a fitment issue with a stock size tire that fits the standard wheels that were supplied as original equipment on the car. I used the chat to check on this and the sales person said he would check with the techs and email me. 2 weeks later - nothing.
Good prices maybe, but poor service. I now shop elsewhere.
YMMV

Quick Reply: Replacement TPMS