Durametric tool

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 01:52 AM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
It cannot 'set the service reminder'.
It can do one thing - it resets the reminder system to the maximum interval for the car's onboard computer. For the 997.2 that means all it can do is reset it to 2 years/20k miles. Thats it.
Thanks for the clarification. That's way too long even if you baby your car. What's the max interval for 997.1?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
If I was in the market for a p-car I would trade my enthusiast tool in for the Pro in a heart beat just so that I could pull DME reports on any car I test drove.
Does the enthusiast tool report the complete over rev data, ie, all six ranges?

TIA, Dave
Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
Does the enthusiast tool report the complete over rev data, ie, all six ranges?

TIA, Dave
Dave, it does. BTW, that's a very nicely twisted road you were driving on in your avatar. Where is that?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 AM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the enthusiast tool reset the perimeters lost when the battery is changed or discharged? I.E. heated seats, airbag stuff ect.?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chris.hanle
Does the enthusiast tool reset the perimeters lost when the battery is changed or discharged? I.E. heated seats, airbag stuff ect.?
i'm sure someone else will chime in but..."perimeters"? can you explain further? the only thing (that's noticeable) that i am aware of is the PSM fault after the batt is disconnected/fully discharged. i have changed my battery and also disconnected several times and that is the only out of the ordinary item that i recall.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
chris.hanle
Pro

I am not sure what is lost when battery is unplugged. But I have read where certian things did now work correctly when battery is changed. On my last service visit the airbag light was on (CPO) and the dealer said that if it was caused by battery discharge then it would not be covered by cpo and reprogramming would be 120.00. Not that 120.00 is too unreasonable but twice pays for enthusiast tool.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:10 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Chris, you may want to get the E-tool. Sounds like your p-dealer wants to bleed you on razor cut at time.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Sounds like your p-dealer wants to bleed you on razor cut at time.
before i was, how do i say, "self aware" about maintenance, my stealership quoted me $145 to reset/resync new TPMS sensors that i had bought with new wheels. yes. yes, i am referring to the procedure that involves ticking thru a few steering wheel stalk/dash choices and then...driving it for a few mins. whoa.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 PM
chris.hanle
Pro

I hear you. That is why I proactively read this forum and the DIY stuff that USMC and others have posted. I am a DIYer and will tackle just about any job, just want to have the right tools. Not much on changing around a lot of things, just want a nice smooth running p-car without the stealership. Thanks Chris
Old 02-28-2013, 02:33 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Durametric will reset the air bag warning.

Re: battery change - you can test all your car's modules with Durametric too and clear any faults. Usually this coupled with a 30 min test drive resets everything you need. Some things like radio presets and seat & mirror positions, etc may require you to manually rest and save to your PCM and/or key. No need to pay dealer unles you have a real repair need which is outside of your DIY envelope.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by stronbl
Yep.. My thoughts too. I have the Pro since I have multiple p-cars (too many for E-version) and enjoy the coding/flexibility. Unfortunately PAG changed the encryption/protocol with PIWIS II so even the Pro versions do not code 991's 981's and other m.y. 2013 +. Durametric says they hope to get that up and running at some point, and they will, but it is another temporary limitation.
Does anyone know if this is still the case? Looking to buy a Durametric Pro for use with a 2013 981S Boxster.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Rotmilky
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can either one of them (enthusiast or pro) turn off the stability control that will cut the accelerator if you left foot brake? PSM is great, and I have no complaints other than the fact that I don't like the accelerator being shut down for an ice age if I left foot brake.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Usmc, can you share the parameters you changed to make the car beep when arming and locking the car?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:02 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Slicky, you go me there... another forum member was kind enough to loan me his DM Pro tool over a weekend. I rushed thru it and did not document my steps. Perhaps someone with a Pro tool would be willing to document some of the features for us. If/when I get my hands on my own Pro tool... I'll likely spend a month going thru all of it's capabilities and doing a few DIY's alone the way this time. IMHO having the car beep when armed is so comforting... no more second guessing whether it's locked or not. Didn't realize how much I missed that feature(normal with all my other vehicles) until I activated it for the Porsche... I don't understand why Porsche would ship our cars from the factory with this feature turned off. Perhaps it presents another opportunity for the p-dealer to $ervice our cars and get to know the customer$ better.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Slicky, you go me there... another forum member was kind enough to loan me his DM Pro tool over a weekend. I rushed thru it and did not document my steps. Perhaps someone with a Pro tool would be willing to document some of the features for us. If/when I get my hands on my own Pro tool... I'll likely spend a month going thru all of it's capabilities and doing a few DIY's alone the way this time. IMHO having the car beep when armed is so comforting... no more second guessing whether it's locked or not. Didn't realize how much I missed that feature(normal with all my other vehicles) until I activated it for the Porsche... I don't understand why Porsche would ship our cars from the factory with this feature turned off. Perhaps it presents another opportunity for the p-dealer to $ervice our cars and get to know the customer$ better.
i have a pro and have tried to find an answer but from all the research i've done so far (for the .1, anyway), it seems the only way to do this is to install the "remotekey" or whatever that mod is called. i dont even think PIWIS can do it. but anyone ever finds out otherwise, please let us know!

Quick Reply: Durametric tool