Durametric tool

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013 | 04:23 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Usmc, can you share the parameters you changed to make the car beep when arming and locking the car?
We offer the RemoteKey and SmartTop products that offer these features along with nearly a dozen other programmable options.

---> BumperPlugs.com

(convertibles) remote top opening/closing, open while driving, one touch top button.

(all) chirp signal function, rear window operation without flicking the rocker switch, auto lock, mirror park assist, trunk button delay on key fob, remote headlight 30 second delay...

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 05-03-2013 | 04:26 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
IMHO having the car beep when armed is so comforting... no more second guessing whether it's locked or not. Didn't realize how much I missed that feature(normal with all my other vehicles) until I activated it for the Porsche... I don't understand why Porsche would ship our cars from the factory with this feature turned off. Perhaps it presents another opportunity for the p-dealer to $ervice our cars and get to know the customer$ better.
Funny. My car came with that stupid beep turned on, and the first thing I asked them to do was turn it off. Which they did for me, free of charge BTW.
Old 05-03-2013 | 04:53 PM
vg247
Pro

Slicky, you go me there... another forum member was kind enough to loan me his DM Pro tool over a weekend. I rushed thru it and did not document my steps. Perhaps someone with a Pro tool would be willing to document some of the features for us. If/when I get my hands on my own Pro tool... I'll likely spend a month going thru all of it's capabilities and doing a few DIY's alone the way this time. IMHO having the car beep when armed is so comforting... no more second guessing whether it's locked or not. Didn't realize how much I missed that feature(normal with all my other vehicles) until I activated it for the Porsche... I don't understand why Porsche would ship our cars from the factory with this feature turned off. Perhaps it presents another opportunity for the p-dealer to $ervice our cars and get to know the customer$ better.
I'm with you USMC- second guessing whether the car is armed, trying to listen to the doorlocks and lights blinking to confirm are not fun.

Going to buy one of these soon as I will take at it with being more hands on with my car and try to do some oil changes and basic services which need the tool for reset. - Your post about changing oil while waiting for a conference call was my motivator btw
Old 05-03-2013 | 05:48 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJBird993
Funny. My car came with that stupid beep turned on, and the first thing I asked them to do was turn it off. Which they did for me, free of charge BTW.
Not sure what they turned off - assuming you have a 997, there is no beep on arming unless you have an aftermarket device like RemoteKey installed or if there is a fault when you're arming such as the hood being open or the glove box open.
Old 05-03-2013 | 06:05 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

KS-CS of Planet 9 forum has put together an excellent tutorial on Durametric (basic and advanced). It's a great way to start really understanding some of the capabilities.

I hope it is ok to post the link to his stuff, but if it gets scrubbed go visit Planet-9.com.
http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-b...tutorials.html
Old 05-03-2013 | 06:39 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

If usmc was able to do it and it has been claimed that it has been turned off at a dealer then i could be done with standard computer. Maybe we can clarify with durametric, for those who have the pro unit, if it really could be done. They would know wouldn't they? I think being able to activate this feature already pays for the dt instead of buying the remotekey. Thanks for the idea eric, but for me the dt will be of more use if it can do this.
Old 05-03-2013 | 06:41 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Most of the features in the remotekey are in the 997.2. Well except for this chirp when arming.
Old 05-03-2013 | 06:43 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
i have a pro and have tried to find an answer but from all the research i've done so far (for the .1, anyway), it seems the only way to do this is to install the "remotekey" or whatever that mod is called. i dont even think PIWIS can do it. but anyone ever finds out otherwise, please let us know!
Now I really wished I had documented how I did this... sounds like I may have accidentally came across the "unicorn" feature by toggling/experimenting with every function I found interesting in the DM Pro tool. Here's a vid of how it works on my car.

VG, I'll be in the bay area next week if you'd like some help with that oil change...
Old 05-03-2013 | 06:44 PM
vg247
Pro

Originally Posted by stronbl
KS-CS of Planet 9 forum has put together an excellent tutorial on Durametric (basic and advanced). It's a great way to start really understanding some of the capabilities.

I hope it is ok to post the link to his stuff, but if it gets scrubbed go visit Planet-9.com.
http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-b...tutorials.html
Great link- thanks stronbl, saved for future reference..
Old 05-03-2013 | 06:44 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

If usmc was able to do it and it has been claimed that it has been turned off at a dealer then i could be done with standard computer. Maybe we can clarify with durametric, for those who have the pro unit, if it really could be done. They would know wouldn't they? I think being able to activate this feature already pays for the dt instead of buying the remotekey. Thanks for the idea eric, but for me the dt will be of more use if it can do this.
Not that I doubt that USMC_DS1 made "some change" to get the beep on arming...but the 997 has been around for 7+ years - you would think a mod such as this would be common knowledge and why would a product like RemoteKey even be needed if such a change could be made. Don't you wonder??
Old 05-04-2013 | 08:48 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Not sure what they turned off - assuming you have a 997, there is no beep on arming unless you have an aftermarket device like RemoteKey installed or if there is a fault when you're arming such as the hood being open or the glove box open.
Yeah-my bad, that was on the Panamera that they turned it off for me.
Old 05-06-2013 | 05:00 PM
Minok
Drifting

Originally Posted by MJBird993
Yeah-my bad, that was on the Panamera that they turned it off for me.
yeah, thats kinda important.
Old 05-06-2013 | 05:01 PM
Minok
Drifting

I doubt that. Durametric cannot even set the service reminder to a specified mileage and time duration, which the PIWIS can do. So just because its doable, is a far cry from a Durametric software release from doing it.
Old 05-06-2013 | 05:14 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Well... here's an idea. Per my vid the alarm system on my '08 C2S is obviously beep enabled after using the DM Pro tool. I just can't remember the exact steps to get there... I went thru one too many screens. Having a DM Pro tool on hand may jog my memory. So I'm willing to spend some time with a DM Pro in an attempt to recreate what I did previously and then document the procedure for the group if someone is willing to loan me their Pro tool over a weekend. I would have to undue(reserve engineer) my current "peep enabled" alarm system and then re-enable it afterwards. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Old 05-06-2013 | 06:52 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Well... here's an idea. Per my vid the alarm system on my '08 C2S is obviously beep enabled after using the DM Pro tool. I just can't remember the exact steps to get there... I went thru one too many screens. Having a DM Pro tool on hand may jog my memory. So I'm willing to spend some time with a DM Pro in an attempt to recreate what I did previously and then document the procedure for the group if someone is willing to loan me their Pro tool over a weekend. I would have to undue(reserve engineer) my current "peep enabled" alarm system and then re-enable it afterwards. Send me a PM if you're interested.
You know I've been thinking about this since your video post...your video shows the "beep" and I know there are a lots of coding variables in the Durametric menu...but is it possible that you have a faulty hood latch switch, engine compartment switch, or glove box switch that's causing a fault and therefore the beep. What happens when you arm the car with the hood open - still just the one beep, same duration? It would have to be a pretty big coincidence but not impossible.

Quick Reply: Durametric tool