Sponsored by:

Tell me your honest opinions good and bad of the 997.2 Targa 4S with PDK

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by El Fredo
Honestly..... Palmbeacher You will never see either!

For those of us that have had to drive manual boxes most of our lives a trip or pdk is effing wonderfull!

I disagree. I don't 'have to drive a manual gearbox'. I 'demand to drive a manual gearbox'. It is more involved driving and less just being along for the ride.

Get the car with a manual, and if the wife doesn't want to learn manual, then she doesn't drive the car. The only reason she 'needs an automatic' is if she's missing a leg.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

OP: Unless you want to keep that car forever... ask yourself how many will purchase a car with that interior.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM
mx22
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
OP: Unless you want to keep that car forever... ask yourself how many will purchase a car with that interior.
Many will. I know I would, even though Targa is not what I want. What I found very disappointing is that pretty much every Porsche (new or used, 911 or not) at all local dealers are all like twins - black on either black or tan. At least for me, Porsche won't be a daily driver so I want a "different" car. This car fits my bill perfectly. Anything outside of the above is rarity and immediately draws attention - they never linger on the lot for too long. IMO, if anything, this car will hold its value much better then "usual" 911s (given OP keeps its interior pristine).
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That car is awesome, I do wonder how bad the white dash will reflect in the sun.

There are a lot of pluses and minuses to the Targa, and PDK. If you love it, get it. I love my manual transmission in my car and feel that car without it is missing something. That being said PDK is an absolutely fantastic transmission, and the throttle blips at downshift are awesome.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
+1... that's the ONLY reservation I have on this.

If you plan to keep the car for over 5 years, then I think it shouldn't matter, however, if you flip cars ever 3-4 years, the resale market for this car might be smaller than vanilla Porsches... so with that in mind, either go for it, or find another targa!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

This thread is now a couple of months old. Did the OP buy the car(which by the way is absolutely stunning but my kids would destroy the interior)

Quick Reply: Tell me your honest opinions good and bad of the 997.2 Targa 4S with PDK