Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solution for peeling fan/temp switches!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 01:50 PM
SpawnyWhippet
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

If mine looked like that, I would have fitted them. Instead I had to dispute the paypal and just repainted the originals.

Originally Posted by porscheaddicted
Yes they do (mine do)

+1 those dont look like the ones I got. How long did you order those @Petza914 ?

I got what they now call "V2" and looks nothing compared to what you got, mine are almost perfect on fitting and finish, took a picture before installing one of them:

Old 05-05-2017, 01:53 PM
porscheaddicted
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpawnyWhippet
If mine looked like that, I would have fitted them. Instead I had to dispute the paypal and just repainted the originals.
I guess they just improved quality over time
Old 05-05-2017, 01:59 PM
SpawnyWhippet
Instructor

Not really, I ordered last month.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:08 PM
porscheaddicted
Intermediate

Not really, I ordered last month.
V2´s were announced on April, middle of month if I recall correct
Old 06-17-2017, 01:36 AM
markuz93
1st Gear

Wow I really wish i wouldve found this thread before I ordered my batch a few weeks ago. If yall were wondering if they stepped up their game with the V2 of the product- they haven't. Sure the finish may be cleaner but the switches will forever be trash unless they add the plastic tabs that act as a stopper of sorts on the rear that the OEM ones have. Installed mine and even though they look good sitting in the hvac unit, they are functionally worthless, as they are to thin and lack the rear plastic tabs. They just flap up and down with no resistance. After playing around with them for about an hour to hopefully make them functionally work, I accepted the fact that I wasted my money and will refinish my OEM ones, or buy a whole new HVAC unit.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:03 AM
SpawnyWhippet
Instructor

Mine were supposedly V2. Total junk. I tried to get a refund, no response. I tried a Paypal chargeback, but they ruled against me as I had received the items.

Mine were such crap I tossed them in the trash unfitted.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:52 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Mine were supposedly V2. Total junk. I tried to get a refund, no response. I tried a Paypal chargeback, but they ruled against me as I had received the items.

Mine were such crap I tossed them in the trash unfitted.
I don't believe this comment, I've seen several post talking about V2 switches and giving good credit, from several members of this forum and others.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by renncayman
I don't believe this comment, I've seen several post talking about V2 switches and giving good credit, from several members of this forum and others.

Ok...we've all seen the V1 and can all agree they are pretty much crap. The V2 ones look a little better in my opinion, but they are still nowhere near OEM quality. Having purchased the V1 and not been happy with Climarepair's customer service, I would not advise going with them. I'm still amazed at your incessant defense of this company. Yes you have your opinion, but for someone who says they aren't affiliated with Climarepair, you sure do constantly come to their aid when someone gives an honest, albeit negative, review of a product. For me, the lack of integrity pisses me off just as much as the lack of customer service and the lack of a decent product.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:02 PM
SpawnyWhippet
Instructor

Well how about you buy mine off me if they are so great?
Old 06-19-2017, 06:31 PM
renncayman
Instructor

I would... if I didn't bought them already!
Old 06-19-2017, 06:41 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
Ok...we've all seen the V1 and can all agree they are pretty much crap. The V2 ones look a little better in my opinion, but they are still nowhere near OEM quality. Having purchased the V1 and not been happy with Climarepair's customer service, I would not advise going with them. I'm still amazed at your incessant defense of this company. Yes you have your opinion, but for someone who says they aren't affiliated with Climarepair, you sure do constantly come to their aid when someone gives an honest, albeit negative, review of a product. For me, the lack of integrity pisses me off just as much as the lack of customer service and the lack of a decent product.
No more than some members (they are always the same 4 guys) who are constantly giving bad review on the product. If you pay attention you will see I only answer to those guys because I do think they are spammers for other alternative companies (...).

On the other hand the customer service climarepair gave me has always been flawless, not only the sent me another wheel cap (free of charge) when I told them about the broken wheel cap I received with my order, they also sent me a second set of switches when I told them I wasn't happy with the first set I got. I sent them a polite email with some pictures and they offered me a great customer service
Old 06-19-2017, 09:45 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

No more than some members (they are always the same 4 guys) who are constantly giving bad review on the product. If you pay attention you will see I only answer to those guys because I do think they are spammers for other alternative companies (...).

On the other hand the customer service climarepair gave me has always been flawless, not only the sent me another wheel cap (free of charge) when I told them about the broken wheel cap I received with my order, they also sent me a second set of switches when I told them I wasn't happy with the first set I got. I sent them a polite email with some pictures and they offered me a great customer service
It's not the same 4 people! You should actually go back and read every post and check how many are unhappy (I counted 10 people in this thread alone). Besides...it doesn't matter. I'm in sales...ONE unhappy customer is just as bad as 4 or 400. That's the issue here besides the product not living up to the descriptions by the manufacturer. If you are going to sell parts to a group of people who have discerning tastes and are very particular about their vehicles, then expect harsh criticism when it's not right. You can't be serious thinking that they are spammers for other companies! What other conspiracies do you believe in? Even if they are spamming for other companies (as most people guess that you spam for ClimaRepair), why do you take it so personally if you aren't the vendor (as you say you aren't)?

If you want to sell cheap crap, sell it to kids who can only afford a Civic. I don't care if it comes in a nicely presented box in a velvet bag. If I sent you a turd from my dog and put it in a velvet bag, would you care less that it's crap in there? I should post the email I got back from ClimaRepair when I asked for my money back. They offered me a replacement (of course, and I would have to pay for shipping back to them), but after waiting over 3 weeks for "expedited" shipping and getting a subpar product, I didn't want to deal with them anymore. A no refund policy is ludicrous. Yes...they attempted to fix the problem. However, they would have sent me the same junk that they've sent to other customers as replacements. The rule in any kind of sales is the customer is always right...no one is asking for anything out of the ordinary or excessive here...just a decent product or a decent solution that fits what THEY want.

I don't know for a fact (nor do I care anymore) if you work for ClimaRepair. However, even if you are in the least bit affiliated with them, you should just come clean. Your suspicious non-stop defense only leads everyone to think you work for them or are the owner. Show some integrity and maybe people will possibly consider the shammy product.

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 06-19-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:46 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Where have I heard that before? Oh ya, when you (as climarepair) told me you wouldn't refund my money when I politely requested it after seeing the crap others were receiving. Here's your email:

Hello Kyle, thanks for reaching us!

We can not take responsibility for what others do with their cameras.

However, we are creating a customer picture gallery, since we ask our clients to give us feedback and people is cooperating with this initiative.

This is the last picture we received from Europe,a few hours ago (we really can’t understand how someone can not be happy with this quality, we post high definition pictures in our web site, available prior to the purchase. Right now we have a 97% satisfaction rate among all orders sent.

Please take in mind there are 3 other companies (competitors) well known that offers a solution for the peeling *****. We can not eliminate the possibility of unfair competition played by them, so we advice to check official pictures and take in consideration only well known forum members opinions.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:49 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Again, these switches look like garbage. Even the "good" pictures look awful. Feel bad for anyone who bought them. Please keep this thread bumped as a warning (and I don't even have a .1 ... or worn switches...)

To those on here who have fought the good fight... I think many on here owe a small debt :-)
Old 06-19-2017, 11:58 PM
jdgamble
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a 0% chance that a neutral party would ever be so passionate about a part that they like that others don't like. ZERO! It is so painfully obvious that you are affiliated with this company.

Quick Reply: Solution for peeling fan/temp switches!