Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Grant L
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meanwhile over on Planet 9...

http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-care...tml#post991457

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Is the Renny guy and porscheaddicted the some guy?
Old 03-12-2017, 02:36 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

This is an awesome thread , it just provided me with 10 minutes of amusement of rennyman and porscheaddicted members.

I love it when the rennlisters sleuth out these possible scammers
Old 03-12-2017, 06:36 PM
JPA1
Intermediate

same here, just received mine this week (finally..., after 2 months), and I will not install this piece of crap into my car... Lesson learned ... I 'll experiment with polishing it, and/or coat it to smooth out the asperities, but right now it is a no-go.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:09 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't there a mod on this forum who can compare IPs of the parties in question?
Old 03-12-2017, 11:22 PM
MagnusB
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just go with Stickynomore ...

https://stickynomore.com/
Old 04-07-2017, 02:11 PM
porscheaddicted
Intermediate

Update on replacement switches

climarepair.com

so far so good
Old 04-18-2017, 05:09 PM
SpawnyWhippet
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 on the terrible quality of the Clima Repair switches. I just got mine and they are very roughly finished and 3-4mm narrower than stock, so they would leave large gaps either side of the switch. I will not be installing them into the panel.

I am also not so keen on the stickynomore.com solution as that has gone up to $150 for refinishing loose buttons that have already been removed from the panel.

I will just paint mine black with Krylon Fusion Flat Black from the hardware store.

Last edited by SpawnyWhippet; 04-18-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:59 PM
stairmasterman911
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys griping must have gotten Clima-repair to smooth up their switches as mine look and feel great. No gaps, none of the roughness ya'll have talked about. Sorry to be the outlier but...
Old 04-18-2017, 06:10 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

looks good to me - do they light up at night?

Originally Posted by porscheaddicted
Update on replacement switches

climarepair.com

so far so good
Old 04-18-2017, 11:22 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

^^^Don't say we didn't warn you!
Old 04-18-2017, 11:24 PM
Grant L
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cosm3os
^^^Don't say we didn't warn you!
Old 04-19-2017, 01:35 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,161 Likes on 3,926 Posts

I complained enough to Clima-Repair about the switches I received that they said they agreed my initial batch did not look good and although they wouldn't refund my purchase and allow me to return them, they did send me a 2nd shipment of 2 pairs from the "production" batch instead of the "pre-production" batch. Are they better - yes, probably; are they great where I'm happy - no, not really. The ones in my car are probably not bad enough where I'll replace them yet, but in my wife's car where the black is completely worn off the point of each switch a couple mm in each direction, I'll probably put a pair into her car and see how it goes, then may play around with refinishing her old buttons. We have a Silhouette vinyl cutting machine and I may be able to cut letters fine enough to use as a mask over the area of the switch where I want the white to show through for the words. We'll see.

Here are pictures of all 8 switches I have before sending back the bad 4 taken with a couple different lighting settings. On the first shipment I received, the letters are crooked and look more like white paint vs the recent shipment where the translucent switch material shows through the black coating. Newer ones are the 4 in the middle of the pics and you can tell they're more uniform in size and the coating was applied more evenly (just look at the pictures of the backs).

Old 04-19-2017, 01:57 AM
newold_m
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SpawnyWhippet
+1 on the terrible quality of the Clima Repair switches. I just got mine and they are very roughly finished and 3-4mm narrower than stock, so they would leave large gaps either side of the switch. I will not be installing them into the panel.

I am also not so keen on the stickynomore.com solution as that has gone up to $150 for refinishing loose buttons that have already been removed from the panel.

I will just paint mine black with Krylon Fusion Flat Black from the hardware store.

Totally agree on the quality on the climarepair. They wobble as they're narrow and don't have the tabs like the OEM ones. I did end up sending my stock ones to stickynomore and these are much higher quality. BTW, if you pay cash he does give a discount.

Name:  TVHDzhD.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  80.3 KB
Old 04-19-2017, 01:57 AM
Grant L
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Petza914
I complained enough to Clima-Repair about the switches I received that they said they agreed my initial batch did not look good and although they wouldn't refund my purchase and allow me to return them, they did send me a 2nd shipment of 2 pairs from the "production" batch instead of the "pre-production" batch. Are they better - yes, probably; are they great where I'm happy - no, not really. The ones in my car are probably not bad enough where I'll replace them yet, but in my wife's car where the black is completely worn off the point of each switch a couple mm in each direction, I'll probably put a pair into her car and see how it goes, then may play around with refinishing her old buttons. We have a Silhouette vinyl cutting machine and I may be able to cut letters fine enough to use as a mask over the area of the switch where I want the white to show through for the words. We'll see.

Here are pictures of all 8 switches I have before sending back the bad 4 taken with a couple different lighting settings. On the first shipment I received, the letters are crooked and look more like white paint vs the recent shipment where the translucent switch material shows through the black coating. Newer ones are the 4 in the middle of the pics and you can tell they're more uniform in size and the coating was applied more evenly (just look at the pictures of the backs).
Old 04-19-2017, 02:30 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

They are insane to think they can sell these for 100usd have have no complaining customers.

Originally Posted by Petza914
I complained enough to Clima-Repair about the switches I received that they said they agreed my initial batch did not look good and although they wouldn't refund my purchase and allow me to return them, they did send me a 2nd shipment of 2 pairs from the "production" batch instead of the "pre-production" batch. Are they better - yes, probably; are they great where I'm happy - no, not really. The ones in my car are probably not bad enough where I'll replace them yet, but in my wife's car where the black is completely worn off the point of each switch a couple mm in each direction, I'll probably put a pair into her car and see how it goes, then may play around with refinishing her old buttons. We have a Silhouette vinyl cutting machine and I may be able to cut letters fine enough to use as a mask over the area of the switch where I want the white to show through for the words. We'll see. Here are pictures of all 8 switches I have before sending back the bad 4 taken with a couple different lighting settings. On the first shipment I received, the letters are crooked and look more like white paint vs the recent shipment where the translucent switch material shows through the black coating. Newer ones are the 4 in the middle of the pics and you can tell they're more uniform in size and the coating was applied more evenly (just look at the pictures of the backs).

Quick Reply: Solution for peeling fan/temp switches!