Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Thanks guys. Yes the red interior in Jackson22 and my GTS are eye popping for sure.

Jackson22: Don't get too upset with Vern. He does provide a certain level of entertainment around here.

Jackson22: I will say having my first degree Black Belt in Taekowndo, Blue in Hapkido and having been doing Israeli Krav Maga for over 1 1/2 years now, I still did more fighting during my H.S. and college hockey career (and have the missing teeth to prove it ) than in marital arts.

CAA and KBS911: Thanks.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try driving a 996 and explaining why you like it better than the 991. I'm amazed at how many people there are who can afford a 6 figure car, yet don't understand the economic concept of utility.

BTW. Gorgeous car Waxer. One of the best looking GTS's I've seen.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said.

Originally Posted by SSST
Try driving a 996 and explaining why you like it better than the 991. I'm amazed at how many people there are who can afford a 6 figure car, yet don't understand the economic concept of utility.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Brilliant!

Originally Posted by Jackson22
That said, if I was going to insult you, I would be much more direct...as in, based on the profile pic of you and your boyfriends, it's obvious none of you have been laid since '83 which is why you're so angry (except of course, for those special nights when the guy on the right in the WAY too tight shirt doles it out to Elmer Fudd in the center while the guy on the left in the jeans/shoes from '92 and the paunch from downing Molsons every day for the past 25 years operates the camera). Not sure which one is you, but that pic is like gazing at an uglier version of the original Three Stooges (something I didn't think was even possible until I came across your mugs).

Now...there...I actually insulted you. I hope I'm still "makin' your Monday!"

J22

P.S., dropping the "g" off the end of words in your writing isn't endearing...it's just dumb.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Jackson22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Waxer
Thanks guys. Yes the red interior in Jackson22 and my GTS are eye popping for sure.

Jackson22: Don't get too upset with Vern. He does provide a certain level of entertainment around here.

Jackson22: I will say having my first degree Black Belt in Taekowndo, Blue in Hapkido and having been doing Israeli Krav Maga for over 1 1/2 years now, I still did more fighting during my H.S. and college hockey career (and have the missing teeth to prove it ) than in marital arts.

CAA and KBS911: Thanks.

You're right...I'm just going to let Vern and his negativity go and focus on all the positive people here that share a passion for all 911s, regardless of which model! And your comment about fighting in hockey versus martial arts is so true, but congrats on all your belts...wow and very cool...
Old 07-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Jackson22
Instructor

Originally Posted by SSST

Great point.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 839 Likes on 571 Posts

Vern, I'm not insulting anyone...I simply relayed one example of someone speaking from experience about a point (in this case, my buddy, who beat down a lot of Canadians during his NHL career and who is therefore qualified to opine on a topic) and you, who have no idea what you're talking about vis-a-vis me or any other 997 fanatics but who opines anyway...that's not an insult V...those are facts.

That said, if I was going to insult you, I would be much more direct...as in, based on the profile pic of you and your boyfriends, it's obvious none of you have been laid since '83 which is why you're so angry (except of course, for those special nights when the guy on the right in the WAY too tight shirt doles it out to Elmer Fudd in the center while the guy on the left in the jeans/shoes from '92 and the paunch from downing Molsons every day for the past 25 years operates the camera). Not sure which one is you, but that pic is like gazing at an uglier version of the original Three Stooges (something I didn't think was even possible until I came across your mugs).

Now...there...I actually insulted you. I hope I'm still "makin' your Monday!"

J22

P.S., dropping the "g" off the end of words in your writing isn't endearing...it's just dumb.
First of all welcome to the forum and congratulations on your 997.

I do however find your post riddled with personal insults to be well.... Not endearing either.

I'm also not quite getting the discussion on Americans being tougher than Canadians. Maybe I need to go back and re-read.

I better be careful and not post a pic of me or I'll be subject to a barrage
Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Jackson22
Instructor

Originally Posted by rodsky
First of all welcome to the forum and congratulations on your 997.

I do however find your post riddled with personal insults to be well.... Not endearing either.

I'm also not quite getting the discussion on Americans being tougher than Canadians. Maybe I need to go back and re-read.

I better be careful and not post a pic of me or I'll be subject to a barrage

Rodsky, I apologize for the post...you're absolutely right...it was not endearing, but Vern was way off base and frankly, enough was enough of the guy's drivel. On the Canadian thing, I was merely illustrating a point...that someone should only opine on a topic when they have experience, and in my buddy's case, his opinion about Canadians was valid regardless of whether he was right or wrong because it was HIS experience...but in Vern's case, he had no basis to even give an opinion about 997 fans being "in denial" or whatever else he was trying to say because he has NO experience with me or any other 997 fans on this page...and as for whether my use of the Canadian example was coincidence, I'll leave that to you... Oh, and no more insults.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 77 Posts

Well they are biting and biting hard....

Jackson I didnt expect that level of anger that quickly - usually the newbies work up to it. As with Spokane who generally moves from tough guy attitude to insults about Cdn's, gays, libs, pinkos etc, I will just let your own words demonstrate what a great addition you are to the forum.

Thats my brothers and I in my avatar with my 1989 911 in the dunes in Southern Cal when we went dirtbiking. I'll pass along your kind words

I look to this forum for information and entertainment. These "i love my car" threads, while endearing, offer no information of value. Therefore I look to them for entertainment and they offer a lot of entertainment value - provided just like guys like you.

Semper Fi
Old 07-09-2012, 09:15 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 839 Likes on 571 Posts

Rodsky, I apologize for the post...you're absolutely right...it was not endearing, but Vern was way off base and frankly, enough was enough of the guy's drivel. On the Canadian thing, I was merely illustrating a point...that someone should only opine on a topic when they have experience, and in my buddy's case, his opinion about Canadians was valid regardless of whether he was right or wrong because it was HIS experience...but in Vern's case, he had no basis to even give an opinion about 997 fans being "in denial" or whatever else he was trying to say because he has NO experience with me or any other 997 fans on this page...and as for whether my use of the Canadian example was coincidence, I'll leave that to you... Oh, and no more insults.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

I dont know Vern from Adam but he seems like he's just playful and stirs the pot ocassionally (sp?). Seems harmless.

The nice thing about rennlist is that its quite civil in general. It seems that the 997/991 has gotten everyone a little heated recently. Not quite sure why. I find myself defending the 991 although I dont even have one and specifically have no near term desires to get one. I wont even go down the can i afford it path I do find some 997 owners going a little over board to denigrate the 991. Again I'm not sure why. Calling it a Lexus or that it aint selling or its butt ugly etc. C'mon.

Any ways - glad you're here and a Porsche fan..
Old 07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

I didn't realize that there were so many of your friends on this Forum. I'll try to refrain from talking about your friends; communists (hate the Pinko's), and the Gays (be gay all you want just don't act upon your desire), Libs (your right I dislike their politics) and Canada (Love Canada...grew up in Detroit so Canada was my back yard).

Your problem is that you are condescending and disrespectful. You find it entertaining to insult people because your a sociopath. I find it interesting that you think I'm a "tough guy" but you came to this conclusion on your own because I conceal and carry a hand gun. I guess I'm a tough guy.

Originally Posted by vern1
Well they are biting and biting hard....

Jackson I didnt expect that level of anger that quickly - usually the newbies work up to it. As with Spokane who generally moves from tough guy attitude to insults about Cdn's, gays, libs, pinkos etc, I will just let your own words demonstrate what a great addition you are to the forum.

Thats my brothers and I in my avatar with my 1989 911 in the dunes in Southern Cal when we went dirtbiking. I'll pass along your kind words

I look to this forum for information and entertainment. These "i love my car" threads, while endearing, offer no information of value. Therefore I look to them for entertainment and they offer a lot of entertainment value - provided just like guys like you.

Semper Fi
Old 07-09-2012, 11:18 PM
vern1
Drifting

dig baby dig!!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Vern: Jacksons initial post was all about his enthusiasm for his new GTS and Porsches. The guy was clearly enthusiastic and excited about his new car and looking to make friends here regardless of whether you own a 991, 997, 993 etc..

Enter Vern right on cue as I predicted to pee in the new guys Corn Flakes for no real reason. Sad really.

Oh, btw as far as posts with " informational value " I have yet to see a post from you with any. Jacksons a newbie. What's your excuse?

Jackson: welcome aboard and don't let Vern chase you away. The majority of guys here are great, helpful and unlike Vern ...informative and great resources.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
vern1
Drifting

And my post was clearly a joke which anyone would have figured out if they had of so called 'enjoyed' the other posts and threads on this moronic topic. This resulted in a stream of insults and anger "right on cue as I predicted". It is sad really, isnt it?

As for as my "informational value" well i guess you just havent read all my posts. Why dont you give that a whirl and come back and see me

Anyways i got my entertainment value for the day and you guys got your heart rates up (we even got to talk about guns - yay!!) so i guess we are all winners.

PS he has a funny way of making friends. Americans are tougher than Canadians? Besides it being completely immaterial to anything we were talking about (other than a lame insult), its obviously wrong since a lot of guys on here can clearly throw a punch but they sure cant take one
Old 07-10-2012, 12:53 AM
FnHern
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vern1
oh gawd not again......so many wealthy people in denial
Seemed pretty clear to me that Vern was just messing around. Seems like folks have pretty thin skin on this board.

Quick Reply: Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion