Sponsored by:

Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 05:08 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackson22
Thanks. I'm not looking to restart this played out debate...as I've said in my posts repeatedly, "to each his own." My buddy and I have both driven the 991, and here in Orange County, I see them every day. And believe me, my buddy and I both have a choice in terms of which model we want to buy. That said, like many of the other posters on this board, we prefer the 997 look, steering, etc. I think the 4 GTS is, in fact, the ultimate 911. That may change at some point, and if it does, I'll go out and get a new one, or maybe I'll get a 993 or a 930, but for now, you enjoy the 991 and we'll enjoy our 997s!
Great post, beautiful car. I agree with you 100%. I've had my GTS one year this month. In for its first service tomorrow. Flawless performance and classic looks. Interesting that some folks just don't or won't get it. It's not about money. My buddy had a choice as well and recently bought a 997 S. He just plain liked the looks and feel of the 997 better. So did his wife by the way. Go figure. Nothing wrong with that. It was what he wanted. I have no interest at this point in a 991. I have driven them several times but just can't "feel" it. Performance aside it's a bit too polished and soft for me at this point and time. I am anxiously awaiting the 991 GT3. I hope they hit it out of the park. If so I'll buy one when it comes out. Until then I'll be enjoying my 997 GTS.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:12 PM
niner niner seven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really like the color combo on the GTS, welcome to the forum.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Jackson22: I agree 100%. Be prepared though. There are a few here who will educate you to the fact that you only bought a 997 because you can't afford a 991.

I know. I was shocked to find this out too.

BTW, love the red interior. I'll post pics of mine. Great choice.

Oh, and total production of GTS's was limited. Likely around 2000 units over only 2 years.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow - what a beautiful car.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:17 AM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAA
Wow - what a beautiful car.
Wow again Waxer! Stunning!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Jackson22
Instructor

Waxer...your car is BEAUTIFUL. I love the black and red as much as I love the meteor grey and red! As for anyone who wants to make comments about someone being able to afford a 997 GTS versus a 991 S, they're just ignorant. I could walk into my Porsche dealership today, trade in my GTS for a 991 S and walk out with the new car and a big check...but that's not going to happen. Regardless, comments about which car someone can afford from silly haters (most of whom are rolling the streets in Hyundais or leasing some tired BMW 3 Series) don't matter. What matters is that each owner loves his or her Porsche, regardless of year/model...they're all amazing!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:15 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Waxer...your car is BEAUTIFUL. I love the black and red as much as I love the meteor grey and red! As for anyone who wants to make comments about someone being able to afford a 997 GTS versus a 991 S, they're just ignorant. I could walk into my Porsche dealership today, trade in my GTS for a 991 S and walk out with the new car and a big check...but that's not going to happen. Regardless, comments about which car someone can afford from silly haters (most of whom are rolling the streets in Hyundais or leasing some tired BMW 3 Series) don't matter. What matters is that each owner loves his or her Porsche, regardless of year/model...they're all amazing!
oh gawd not again......so many wealthy people in denial
Old 07-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Wow! That red interior is beautiful.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Jackson22
Instructor

Originally Posted by vern1
oh gawd not again......so many wealthy people in denial

Vern, as I said, I'm not looking to restart the 997/991 debate and I've been nothing but positive about everyone and their P cars...but thanks for proving my point. You have no idea who I am or what I do, so for you to condescendingly insult me or anyone else by saying we're in "denial" because we like the 997 or to suggest that anyone is not being honest about their ability to purchase a 991 is just silly and ignorant. You know, your email reminds me of some recent ignorance I saw when a Canadian friend talked about how "tough" Canadians are relative to Americans in a group email...and particularly he argued that Canadians are better hockey fighters than Americans. As my good American friend (who played 12 years in the NHL, including for your Maple Leafs and who routinely pummeled Canadians) responded, "let me know when a Canadian is playing middle linebacker for an NFL team or when a Canadian wins the heavyweight boxing title. Seriously, Canadians are tough? Right - and the Canadian army keeps the world safe...." Hilarious.

Food for thought Vern. Agree or disagree, my buddy spoke from experience...he wasn't just chirping ignorantly. I suggest you take a similar approach going forward. And seriously, enjoy your Monday and your 993!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Good analogy Jackson.

I'm convinced that Vern is nothing more than a 15 year old punk *** 400 lb. kid. If he doesn't agree, his only tactic is to pull his typical higher than mighty douche bag passive aggressive forum attack on anyone he doesn't agree with. I suspect he doesn't talk his smack in his local pub.

Vern, as I said, I'm not looking to restart the 997/991 debate and I've been nothing but positive about everyone and their P cars...but thanks for proving my point. You have no idea who I am or what I do, so for you to condescendingly insult me or anyone else by saying we're in "denial" because we like the 997 or to suggest that anyone is not being honest about their ability to purchase a 991 is just silly and ignorant. You know, your email reminds me of some recent ignorance I saw when a Canadian friend talked about how "tough" Canadians are relative to Americans in a group email...and particularly he argued that Canadians are better hockey fighters than Americans. As my good American friend (who played 12 years in the NHL, including for your Maple Leafs and who routinely pummeled Canadians) responded, "let me know when a Canadian is playing middle linebacker for an NFL team or when a Canadian wins the heavyweight boxing title. Seriously, Canadians are tough? Right - and the Canadian army keeps the world safe...." Hilarious.

Food for thought Vern. Agree or disagree, my buddy spoke from experience...he wasn't just chirping ignorantly. I suggest you take a similar approach going forward. And seriously, enjoy your Monday and your 993!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

like fish in a barrell. its just too easy

i didnt expect the newbie to jump right to insulting Canadians as a whole but Spokanes typical look how tough i am approach is right on cue

thanks for makin my monday!!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Vern....I couldn't resist jumping on the band wagon since you're spewing forth the typical puke you found looking at your liberal crystal ball.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Man, you're good.... Welcome to the forum! Why do some think it only boils down to "money". People make choices that "they" have to live with.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Jackson22
Instructor

Originally Posted by vern1

like fish in a barrell. its just too easy

i didnt expect the newbie to jump right to insulting Canadians as a whole but Spokanes typical look how tough i am approach is right on cue

thanks for makin my monday!!

Vern, I'm not insulting anyone...I simply relayed one example of someone speaking from experience about a point (in this case, my buddy, who beat down a lot of Canadians during his NHL career and who is therefore qualified to opine on a topic) and you, who have no idea what you're talking about vis-a-vis me or any other 997 fanatics but who opines anyway...that's not an insult V...those are facts.

That said, if I was going to insult you, I would be much more direct...as in, based on the profile pic of you and your boyfriends, it's obvious none of you have been laid since '83 which is why you're so angry (except of course, for those special nights when the guy on the right in the WAY too tight shirt doles it out to Elmer Fudd in the center while the guy on the left in the jeans/shoes from '92 and the paunch from downing Molsons every day for the past 25 years operates the camera). Not sure which one is you, but that pic is like gazing at an uglier version of the original Three Stooges (something I didn't think was even possible until I came across your mugs).

Now...there...I actually insulted you. I hope I'm still "makin' your Monday!"

J22

P.S., dropping the "g" off the end of words in your writing isn't endearing...it's just dumb.

Quick Reply: Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion