Sponsored by:

Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by solomonschris
This thread has gotten a bit ugly. A challenge for three Americans to fight three Canadians in order to prove?? An offer to cure one of liberalism...cure! He is so certain of his rightness that anyone with a different opinion is sick and in need of a cure. I live 45 miles from DC and politics is something I can't escape except at places like this. If we let politics polute this site, we will all be the poorer for it. I don't really care if you are liberal, conservative, libertarian or a Lyndon Larouche acolyte. We share a passion....Porsches, and I really look forward to each of your opinions about our respective passion. If we, as a result of our ability to listen to each other concerning things Porsche, we can also hear political theories counter to our own, it will be because we don't use brutal language in describing those with whom we disagree. This is a fun, informative place. I hope we can keep it that way......Chris
Agree completely. Some of the comments have no place in this forum, or anywhere else for that matter.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 811 Likes on 425 Posts

Yes it has degenerated. I agree let's keep politics out of it. Thats for a different forum.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 AM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by solomonschris
This thread has gotten a bit ugly. A challenge for three Americans to fight three Canadians in order to prove?? An offer to cure one of liberalism...cure! He is so certain of his rightness that anyone with a different opinion is sick and in need of a cure. I live 45 miles from DC and politics is something I can't escape except at places like this. If we let politics polute this site, we will all be the poorer for it. I don't really care if you are liberal, conservative, libertarian or a Lyndon Larouche acolyte. We share a passion....Porsches, and I really look forward to each of your opinions about our respective passion. If we, as a result of our ability to listen to each other concerning things Porsche, we can also hear political theories counter to our own, it will be because we don't use brutal language in describing those with whom we disagree. This is a fun, informative place. I hope we can keep it that way......Chris
So it's OK to call Vern a douchbag, just not a lib?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX 911
So it's OK to call Vern a douchbag, just not a lib?
No, not ok......
Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Yes it has degenerated. I agree let's keep politics out of it. Thats for a different forum.
Yes but all the rest of the behavior is just fine...

A quote from one of the PM's I received..

"Vern,

Just so you know, not all Americans are like Spokane, Jackson, Palmbeacher, and Waxer. There are people here who can engage in a little give and take without going off the rails with anger, threats, and insults. I'm sure you knew that, but after reading the particularly shameful display in this latest 997/991 thread I felt compelled to write you just to reinforce it. My apologies on behalf of my "countrymen"."

Another:

"There are people, some on this forum, who are incapable of self-reflection and logic. It's like trying to reason with a mad dog.....they don't really think, they just react with anger. If they could only see the hypocrisy in their comments, but then again, that would require introspection, maturity, and a level on the evolutionary scale that they just haven't reached yet.."

Funny how some posters have gone very silent since a few other voices have stepped in. Regardless, apologies to those who found it distracting and thanks to those who made it entertaining.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Vern: First I don't need, want or ask for any apologies on behalf of my "countrymen". Second I don't see any need for me to apologize for anything so one won't be forthcoming.

Finally, you clearly "stir the pot" (you tacitly admit to it) on these threads so you reap what you sow.

Now you post private emails voicing support for yourself after kicking the hornets nest and crying about getting stung in the quest to some how shame others and ganer support for yourself?

Really, kind of sad and silly.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1

"Vern,

Just so you know, not all Americans are like Spokane, Jackson, Palmbeacher, and Waxer. There are people here who can engage in a little give and take without going off the rails with anger, threats, and insults. I'm sure you knew that, but after reading the particularly shameful display in this latest 997/991 thread I felt compelled to write you just to reinforce it. My apologies on behalf of my "countrymen"."
Just a clarification for the ignorant bloke who referred to me as an American: We sent all you ignorant tossers' ancestors to the colonies some 300 years ago hoping the experience might help you make something of yourselves after a few generations. Making ***** of yourselves isn't what we had in mind, however. But to be fair, some of you colonials are mildly entertaining for brief periods, like watching a puppy chase its tail.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:45 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
Just a clarification for the ignorant bloke who referred to me as an American: We sent all you ignorant tossers' ancestors to the colonies some 300 years ago hoping the experience might help you make something of yourselves after a few generations. Making ***** of yourselves isn't what we had in mind, however. But to be fair, some of you colonials are mildly entertaining for brief periods, like watching a puppy chase its tail.
I've been enjoying this mad thread in silence for a while, but this post is by far the most idiotic and ignorant yet. I am sorry to say it, but you are clearly demented. Pathetic.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by krysFly:9679505
I've been enjoying this mad thread in silence for a while, but this post is by far the most idiotic and ignorant yet. I am sorry to say it, but you are clearly demented. Pathetic.

You just figured this out now
Old 07-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Oh...I've been working all day.

You still want to spar you POS. You and your Countrymen can kiss my ***. I suspect this is the response you wanted so here you go jackwagon.

Originally Posted by vern1

"Vern,

Another:

"There are people, some on this forum, who are incapable of self-reflection and logic. It's like trying to reason with a mad dog.....they don't really think, they just react with anger. If they could only see the hypocrisy in their comments, but then again, that would require introspection, maturity, and a level on the evolutionary scale that they just haven't reached yet.."

Funny how some posters have gone very silent since a few other voices have stepped in. Regardless, apologies to those who found it distracting and thanks to those who made it entertaining.

Last edited by Spokane5150; 07-11-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

I'm not insulted by this a bit because it's freaking Hilarious and true. Some good training from a proper British chap may be in order, assuming you're from Great Britian. I Flunked out of Charm School. BTW I haven't been a tosser since College.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

These guys from Canada cannot understand real humor. All the libs are thin skin. "Chasing your tail like a puppy"....demented? Really? What a bone head. Dude that was hilarious!

Originally Posted by krysFly
Old 07-11-2012, 10:12 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
These guys from Canada cannot understand real humor. All the libs are thin skin. "Chasing your tail like a puppy"....demented? Really? What a bone head. Dude that was hilarious!
Why do you automatically assume if my location is Toronto that I am Canadian?

Chasing the tail is not the demented part. Read the whole post.
I am not getting into this whole crazy discussion with you tough guy.
This bone head is out, boy.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Amazing.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:38 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 252 Posts

Quick Reply: Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion