Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Vern: Its more than a "couple" of others that can't discern your "sarcasm".

I'm sure in person your probably a nice guy but I think you need to lighten up. You have repeatedly and consistently dropped in to grace us with your "sarcasm" nearly every time someone espouses there enthusiasm for the 997 variant and/or explains why they chose not to choose a 991 (which I do like btw JUST not as much as my GTS). You seem unable to fathom or grasp the concept that there are those that genuinely like the 997 better for whatever reason. Your comments suggest and imply that those reasons are disingenuious and your post are clearly calculated to get members here to "bite" (your words) the bait you leave. A tacit admission in my book you clearly are trying to stir the pot for your own entertainment value. Thats akin to throwing chum in the water and then complaining that Killer Whales kill.

Jackson is a newbie and was clearly espousing his enthusiasm for his new car (very understandable) and clearly expressed enthusiasm for the brand across the board. His iniital post was as Ph neutral as they come. There was really no need be "sarcastic".

Also you see those little faces off to the side of your screen when you are about to post? If you are just kidding try using the appropriate smiley faces at least so to give others a hint you are just "joshin".

Just a suggestion.

Also just curious. why haven't you upgraded from your 993 or your 997 to the 991. Just say'n.

Little Green: thank you.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
Yes but you're Canadian. What nationality could you possibly attack without sounding foolish? Quebec? Labrador?
Classy as always PB - keep my spot open in Palm Beach so I can come and die there with the rest of my countrymen and a little smiley face just for Waxer. I mean come on Waxer, how many times can you say the same thing.

You also might want to check back on the thread as there were others who got involved in this "debate" from another "perspective" long before I got involved. It was only when he came back for a 3rd time on not wanting to restart this debate and then promptly did just that with his comments on it being the "ultimate 911" and that others were ignorant to think he couldnt afford a 991, and they drove around in their Hyundais etc, that i jumped in

He's got a beautiful car as do all GTS owners. Its the silly repetitive comments and insults that get my back up and others

and sorry, you are in the minority re getting the sarcasm on this board

i'm bored - can someone start another 997 is the ultimate 911 thread?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Waxer
Vern: Its more than a "couple" of others that can't discern your "sarcasm".

I'm sure in person your probably a nice guy but I think you need to lighten up. You have repeatedly and consistently dropped in to grace us with your "sarcasm" nearly every time someone espouses there enthusiasm for the 997 variant and/or explains why they chose not to choose a 991 (which I do like btw JUST not as much as my GTS). You seem unable to fathom or grasp the concept that there are those that genuinely like the 997 better for whatever reason. Your comments suggest and imply that those reasons are disingenuious and your post are clearly calculated to get members here to "bite" (your words) the bait you leave. A tacit admission in my book you clearly are trying to stir the pot for your own entertainment value. Thats akin to throwing chum in the water and then complaining that Killer Whales kill.

Jackson is a newbie and was clearly espousing his enthusiasm for his new car (very understandable) and clearly expressed enthusiasm for the brand across the board. His iniital post was as Ph neutral as they come. There was really no need be "sarcastic".

Also you see those little faces off to the side of your screen when you are about to post? If you are just kidding try using the appropriate smiley faces at least so to give others a hint you are just "joshin".

Just a suggestion.

Also just curious. why haven't you upgraded from your 993 or your 997 to the 991. Just say'n.

Little Green: thank you.
PS. you suggest I lighten up but arent you embarrassed, even a little bit, by the persistent racist, homophobic, xenophobic and personal attacks by some on here. No one seems to be too publicly bothered by this except a few but I have received PM's from many apologizing for their countrymen.

I throw around a few harmless jabs while others sling mud but it is i who should lighten up. Think about it

and I am sure your a great guy as well but cant fathom why you defend or stay silent with respect to certain attitudes and actions

i dont give a crap about the 991 and have always said in other threads that this is for my entertainment value (you have been on all these threads so know this). So it has its desired affect and I am entertained once again......but I dont stoop to personally insulting peoples country, brothers, sexual orientation, political affiliation etc

how was my use of emoticons??
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Jackson22
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vern, every time I want to leave you alone and just move forward with my fellow 997 enthusiasts in a supportive way, you set yourself up for another beating. You're like the guys that repeatedly got their asses kicked in high school (but I'm guessing you already knew that)...you keep talking smack, which requires yet another beating...never realizing that you're your own worst enemy. STOP. Stop defending yourself and taking shots at others...it's over. The group believes you're a tool. Done.

Also, note that your sarcasm is not appreciated...we're not here to "entertain" you by being the targets of your spew or to be part of your "desired effect" of annoying others...and no, I didn't "restart the debate" for a third time...I merely posted some pics of my buddy's new car as a follow up to my post from a few months ago in celebration of his purchase (and that I thought others might enjoy)...and my view of the GTS as the "ultimate" 911 was just that...my view, to which I am entitled just as others are entitled to their view. Again, what high-minded topics would you rather have us discuss than our 911 preferences? Please. I have consistently said how much I love all 911s (in fact, a good friend of mine has over 50 911s, and believe me, we talk about every single car with the same amount of respect and admiration). Note that NOWHERE in my posts was there an invitation for you to start making negative comments about me or anyone else or our financial situations because we simply prefer the 997. You don't know me or them (which, among my friends and I, adds to the comedy of your posts), and if you don't like the discussion or want to be positive, DON'T VISIT THE THREAD...it's real simple, isn't it?

J22

p.s., when was the last time a Canadian hockey team won the Stanley Cup? Um, that would be 19 years ago. And note that Olympic hockey has absolutely no physical play to it, so "toughness" is simply not part of the equation in that arena, for better or worse. The NHL is where it's at for toughness in hockey, and American teams have owned Canadian teams for the past 2 decades. And don't give me the "American teams are populated with Canadian players" argument...it's not the case anymore given how many players are from other countries and the U.S. and regardless, one would think if you guys had the whole "toughness" thing figured out or were in charge of what you feel is "Canada's game," you could win just one Cup since the spring of '93.

Oh, and stop with the "homophobic, xenophobic" rant...sniffle, sniffle...aren't you the one who complained about other people having thin skin? "Oh," cries Vern as he wipes away the tears..."but I was just JOKING calling people morons and saying that they're in denial...but you other guys, you're racist homophobes and xenophobes and misogynists and blah, blah, blah!" Seriously, you're a hypocrite. The next time we want your entertainment, we'll ask you to put back on the little court jester costume with the bells that you like to wear around and perhaps juggle or throw one of your "harmless jabs," but for now, sit back down.

There. I'm officially done with Vern...no more responses, no more wasted keystrokes.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Jackson22: Step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath.

Its only Vern.

Go out for a drive in the GTS and relax. Plenty of good threads and people here to come back to.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
vern1
Drifting

I rest my case and Jackson you made it quite well for me. Now go take a deep breathe and lighten up - you're getting hysterical mommy will be home soon

Waxer, most disappointed in you. You at least seemed salvageable
Old 07-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Vern is just like the typical liberal that starts a fight and then calls foul when it's not going his own way. He thinks he is superior and everyone else is stupid. You can better recognize diversionary tactics if you know what they are. They sometimes start with bully (tough guy), racism (Gays, Libs and Canadians), homophobia (because someone said your tight shirt makes you look Gay), Rich or Wealthy (Class warfare because you can buy a 911...give me a break). There are many new buzzwords to divert your focus but try to figure out what the real issue is.

The issue here is that Vern tried to make Jackson and others look stupid because they have enthusiasm for 997 cars specifically the GTS. By his own admission, Vern does this for his own excitement and entertainment. You'll find that he did not apologize to anyone after being called out but rather he made excuses and tried to divert the issue to racism or homophobia; truly narcissistic and sociopathic behavior.

I wouldn't blame Jackson22 if he never came back to this forum. But, don't let one bad apple ruin your experience here. This site is good for technical help and DIY information.

BTW Since I now live in Nashville with a good NHL team I'm now motivated by Jackson to start watching the games again even though I still have brain damage from the Wings in the 80's. Perhaps I'll see Carrie Underwood at one of the games and that would be worth it.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
Vern is just like the typical liberal that starts a fight and then calls foul when it's not going his own way. He thinks he is superior and everyone else is stupid. You can better recognize diversionary tactics if you know what they are. They sometimes start with bully (tough guy), racism (Gays, Libs and Canadians), homophobia (because someone said your tight shirt makes you look Gay), Rich or Wealthy (Class warfare because you can buy a 911...give me a break). There are many new buzzwords to divert your focus but try to figure out what the real issue is.

The issue here is that Vern tried to make Jackson and others look stupid because they have enthusiasm for 997 cars specifically the GTS. By his own admission, Vern does this for his own excitement and entertainment. You'll find that he did not apologize to anyone after being called out but rather he made excuses and tried to divert the issue to racism or homophobia; truly narcissistic and sociopathic behavior.

I wouldn't blame Jackson22 if he never came back to this forum. But, don't let one bad apple ruin your experience here. This site is good for technical help and DIY information.

BTW Since I now live in Nashville with a good NHL team I'm now motivated by Jackson to start watching the games again even though I still have brain damage from the Wings in the 80's. Perhaps I'll see Carrie Underwood at one of the games and that would be worth it.
you are too good man, this is comic gold. I especially liked all the "diversionary tactics" that you yourself used (although I would just call it what it is ie bigotry) and then when I call YOU out on it you try and put it back to me. Classic

but i am just a 400# liberal 15 yr old punk so what do I know - i guess i was smart enough to start posting when I was 9 and smart enough to stay well away from guys like you

your right about one thing - you do scare me
Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

You better believe it.

Originally Posted by vern1
you are too good man, this is comic gold. I especially liked all the "diversionary tactics" that you yourself used (although I would just call it what it is ie bigotry) and then when I call YOU out on it you try and put it back to me. Classic

but i am just a 400# liberal 15 yr old punk so what do I know - i guess i was smart enough to start posting when I was 9 and smart enough to stay well away from guys like you

your right about one thing - you do scare me
Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Vern: You couldn't tell I was just being "sarcastic"? See how that works? Or not.

Honestly I haven't seen any "homophobic" or xenophobic or racist posts on this thread. As a jewish individual I have little tolerance for racism.

Candidly I don't care about a persons sexual orientation as long as they don't push it in my face figuratively or literally. Do I care if a person is gay. No. Do I think its normal. No. But thats their business....but what does that have to do with the price of cheese in China?

So your a lib. So what? I don't care. However, I'd be more than happy to educate you and cure you of the mental disorder that is liberalism but thats for another forum.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

+1000

I wish I could write so eloquently. "Figuratively or literally" Classic!

Vern: You couldn't tell I was just being "sarcastic"? See how that works? Or not.

Honestly I haven't seen any "homophobic" or xenophobic or racist posts on this thread. As a jewish individual I have little tolerance for racism.

Candidly I don't care about a persons sexual orientation as long as they don't push it in my face figuratively or literally. Do I care if a person is gay. No. Do I think its normal. No. But that's their business....but what does that have to do with the price of cheese in China?

So your a lib. So what? I don't care. However, I'd be more than happy to educate you and cure you of the mental disorder that is liberalism but thats for another forum.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Honestly I I have little tolerance for racism..... but thats for another forum.
So, you stand up to the birther boys in OTPC when they go on their hourly hate rants.
That will keep you busy.
Good for you.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:10 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has gotten a bit ugly. A challenge for three Americans to fight three Canadians in order to prove?? An offer to cure one of liberalism...cure! He is so certain of his rightness that anyone with a different opinion is sick and in need of a cure. I live 45 miles from DC and politics is something I can't escape except at places like this. If we let politics polute this site, we will all be the poorer for it. I don't really care if you are liberal, conservative, libertarian or a Lyndon Larouche acolyte. We share a passion....Porsches, and I really look forward to each of your opinions about our respective passion. If we, as a result of our ability to listen to each other concerning things Porsche, we can also hear political theories counter to our own, it will be because we don't use brutal language in describing those with whom we disagree. This is a fun, informative place. I hope we can keep it that way......Chris
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The best way to get rid of a troll is to stop feeding him.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by solomonschris:9676492
This thread has gotten a bit ugly. A challenge for three Americans to fight three Canadians in order to prove?? An offer to cure one of liberalism...cure! He is so certain of his rightness that anyone with a different opinion is sick and in need of a cure. I live 45 miles from DC and politics is something I can't escape except at places like this. If we let politics polute this site, we will all be the poorer for it. I don't really care if you are liberal, conservative, libertarian or a Lyndon Larouche acolyte. We share a passion....Porsches, and I really look forward to each of your opinions about our respective passion. If we, as a result of our ability to listen to each other concerning things Porsche, we can also hear political theories counter to our own, it will be because we don't use brutal language in describing those with whom we disagree. This is a fun, informative place. I hope we can keep it that way......Chris
Well said . Politics, threats and personal insults have no place in the 997 forum.

Quick Reply: Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion