Sponsored by:

Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Jackson22
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
And my post was clearly a joke which anyone would have figured out if they had of so called 'enjoyed' the other posts and threads on this moronic topic. This resulted in a stream of insults and anger "right on cue as I predicted". It is sad really, isnt it?

As for as my "informational value" well i guess you just havent read all my posts. Why dont you give that a whirl and come back and see me

Anyways i got my entertainment value for the day and you guys got your heart rates up (we even got to talk about guns - yay!!) so i guess we are all winners.

PS he has a funny way of making friends. Americans are tougher than Canadians? Besides it being completely immaterial to anything we were talking about (other than a lame insult), its obviously wrong since a lot of guys on here can clearly throw a punch but they sure cant take one

Vern: Shut it. We're done with you, your insults and your absurd "predictions." And the only sad and "moronic" things around here are your ongoing efforts to bring down other people. I've looked at your posts and it's just the way you roll. Lame. Oh, I'm sorry...you don't like our discussion about the 997 vs. the 991? Is it too "moronic" for an intellect like yours? Is there something more serious you'd perhaps like to discuss on a public entertainment board where 911 enthusiasts get to (hopefully positively) communicate and enjoy each others' photos and cars? Please, PLEASE enlighten us with your expertise! Whatever. You're boring.

Also, as for whether Americans are tougher than Canadians, the next time you and the other McKenzie brothers are in SoCal driving around the sand, let me know. I'll grab two of my American buddies, including the one who made the intial comment, and we'll be happy to line up and prove it to you.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:29 AM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Uhmm..this may be getting a tad too personal. As far as posting about the 991 vs 997 it seems like with over 12000 hits on the original post and now over 2000 on this one that the topic is indeed of interest to many. These forums are fun and entertaining with a wealth of information and especially opinion, and yes, sometimes what is sarcasm to some is an insult to others. Now back to the show.....
Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

[QUOTE=Jackson22;9674167]Vern: Shut it. We're done with you, your insults and your absurd "predictions." And the only sad and "moronic" things around here are your ongoing efforts to bring down other people. I've looked at your posts and it's just the way you roll. Lame. Oh, I'm sorry...you don't like our discussion about the 997 vs. the 991? Is it too "moronic" for an intellect like yours? Is there something more serious you'd perhaps like to discuss on a public entertainment board where 911 enthusiasts get to (hopefully positively) communicate and enjoy each others' photos and cars? Please, PLEASE enlighten us with your expertise! Whatever. You're boring.

Also, as for whether Americans are tougher than Canadians, the next time you and the other McKenzie brothers are in SoCal driving around the sand, let me know. I'll grab two of my American buddies, including the one who made the intial comment, and we'll be happy to line up and prove it to you.

Too funny - bring pistol pete Spokane with you. Insults moving to threats. What a welcome addition to the community.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by FnHern
Seemed pretty clear to me that Vern was just messing around. Seems like folks have pretty thin skin on this board.
Vern clearly has a talent for bringing out the best in people around here.

Vern, as for seeking out all of your 600+ posts for those with "informational value" from the posts I have seen certainly don't motivate one to seek out more.

Fnhern, perhaps you are right that Vern was kidding but I disagree in that Vern is clearly not very good at making that clear. Perhaps all his posts should come with a warning like " Warning: post is likely to insult and ruin the mood of the thread, dampen enthusiasm, anger newbies and saints ...but I'm just kidding and doing this for my own entertainment".
Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Kdude
Advanced

Boys time step back and take a deep breath.... I just got a 997.2 recently and for the first time in a long while i dropped in to Rennlist and picked up on this post.

Jackson enthusiasm made me smile and gave me good vibes about Porsche and Rennlist.

Jackson made my day !

Vern you gotten lighten up.. Its about the brand and the enjoyment of your ride..

Peace to the Rennlist forum

Now should I become a member or not ? Will i be assaulted because i'm cdn or drive a 997.2 ? ))
Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Vern has been here since 2006 and has 600 posts. Really??? Vern is a Troll.

I really think he is a 400# 15 year old kid.

[quote=vern1;9674442]
Originally Posted by Jackson22
Vern: Shut it. We're done with you, your insults and your absurd "predictions." And the only sad and "moronic" things around here are your ongoing efforts to bring down other people. I've looked at your posts and it's just the way you roll. Lame. Oh, I'm sorry...you don't like our discussion about the 997 vs. the 991? Is it too "moronic" for an intellect like yours? Is there something more serious you'd perhaps like to discuss on a public entertainment board where 911 enthusiasts get to (hopefully positively) communicate and enjoy each others' photos and cars? Please, PLEASE enlighten us with your expertise! Whatever. You're boring.

Too funny - bring pistol pete Spokane with you. Insults moving to threats. What a welcome addition to the community.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

Americans vs Canadians? Wow. LOL. This is lame! I thought we worked that one out at the last Olympic Hockey game...
Old 07-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

Funny thread. Waxer, your car kid of shocked me a bit, it's absolutely stunning. Looking at a 997 and though I can't swing a GTS right now your car has become my new inpiration.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 AM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by FnHern
Seemed pretty clear to me that Vern was just messing around. Seems like folks have pretty thin skin on this board.
Thank you. More like no skin though...
Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 AM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by KBS911
Uhmm..this may be getting a tad too personal. As far as posting about the 991 vs 997 it seems like with over 12000 hits on the original post and now over 2000 on this one that the topic is indeed of interest to many. These forums are fun and entertaining with a wealth of information and especially opinion, and yes, sometimes what is sarcasm to some is an insult to others. Now back to the show.....
Of course people hit these threads because they are hilarious. I'd hazard a guess that people dont take a look to see how much another guy loves his car but rather because there will be a high entertainment factor. The 10 pages per thread seems to bear this out

As for sarcasm, your observation seems true. I try and provoke a little fun (as many have done on other threads on this fascinating topic) and people respond with a stream of venom, insults and threats that is quite impressive.

Maybe I should leave poor Jackson alone as he seems particularly susceptible......Naaaaa, he insulted our national treasures, the Mackenzie brothers
Old 07-10-2012, 10:28 AM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Waxer
Vern clearly has a talent for bringing out the best in people around here.

Vern, as for seeking out all of your 600+ posts for those with "informational value" from the posts I have seen certainly don't motivate one to seek out more.

Fnhern, perhaps you are right that Vern was kidding but I disagree in that Vern is clearly not very good at making that clear. Perhaps all his posts should come with a warning like " Warning: post is likely to insult and ruin the mood of the thread, dampen enthusiasm, anger newbies and saints ...but I'm just kidding and doing this for my own entertainment".
Waxer: Warning: post is likely to insult and ruin the mood of the thread, dampen enthusiasm, anger newbies and saints ...but I'm just kidding and doing this for my own entertainment.

If you and a couple of others on here cant discern a little sarcasm from the genuine insults (a la Jackson and Spokane) then I would be happy to put up a disclaimer just for you guys
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kdude
Boys time step back and take a deep breath.... I just got a 997.2 recently and for the first time in a long while i dropped in to Rennlist and picked up on this post.

Jackson enthusiasm made me smile and gave me good vibes about Porsche and Rennlist.

Jackson made my day !

Vern you gotten lighten up.. Its about the brand and the enjoyment of your ride..

Peace to the Rennlist forum

Now should I become a member or not ? Will i be assaulted because i'm cdn or drive a 997.2 ? ))
I need to lighten up? Thats what I was doing on this thread - poking fun at people. Maybe you should check out the genuine insults and personal attacks of others here. If guys dont appreciate my brand of humour then they can just not respond but then that would be no fun. I dont resort to personal attacks, attacks on other nationalities, homophobia etc
Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 AM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Americans vs Canadians? Wow. LOL. This is lame! I thought we worked that one out at the last Olympic Hockey game...

but surely the much tougher Americans deserved to win

Guess I should go do some work now
Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Hockey! LOL Really???? Motocross, Supercross, X Games, F1, Moto GP, World Superbike, AMA Superbike and UFC is where its at. I stopped enjoying Hockey when the Wings kept losing the Stanley Cup over and over and over again in the 80's. I know....I'm a horrible fan. I stopped watching and then they started winning.

I think the link below and list of total medals won at the Olympics tells all. It's no wonder why we have a bulls-eye on our (USA) backs.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/su...ngs/index.html
Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by vern1
I dont resort to personal attacks, attacks on other nationalities
Yes but you're Canadian. What nationality could you possibly attack without sounding foolish? Quebec? Labrador?

Quick Reply: Happy to Be Here...and Loving the 997/991 Discussion