Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price of an oil change in NYC - $200-$520(+ tax)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 12:09 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 82_930
Yes, and not only just me...

Cheech might as well just have bent me over and screwed me up the proverbial a**

He is a liar and a thief, he will curse at you (I am not kidding, he will straight up tell up to go and f**k yourself when your car is two months late for delivery and your car has a huge scratch on your paint job) and act like he is God, and I can point you to at least 15 people that can attest to that.

I have no reason to lie about this. I have a two inch thick file of crimes he committed against me. If you want to meet up, I can show you...

I can post up the tickets that he got on my car's plates ( while my car had the engine apart and in pieces)

He (or someone in his shop [which makes no difference because as the owner , he is the one responsible]) stole my car cover, got me tickets, stole parts off of my car to put on his own (i.e. my pagid brake pads, and my stainless steel brake lines, etc)... the list goes on and I would be more than happy to provide proof of this.

When I asked for my old parts back that I replaced with high performance ones, he tried to give me some broken crap from a 901 series car from the 60's...

Don't even get me started.

just avoid this piece of trash.

any reputation he has that is good is because he has worked on Jerry Seinfeld's cars, and perhaps a few basketball players... so unless you are one of "those celebs", he will treat you like crap.
Thank you for providing details. I have heard about a few problems with them and yours is unfortunately even worse. I would be as upset if 10% of what you experienced had happened to me. Why would any owner of a well established business put his reputation at risk. Pure stupidity.

There are many others out there that do great work.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:37 PM
GT2RSobsessed
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Dang this is sad to hear because Cheech has never done me wrong and provided me good insight on my car. I even use the Rennwerk license plate holder because I have been pleased on every visit.

In the past 2 years I have been to Rennwerke to install fister exhaust, sharkwerks cross pipes, short shifter and change transmission fluid. Never had a problem. He even gave me a discount one time when the labor time was almost at 4 hours, he charged 3 hours. I also picked his brain and had conversations on several occasions. Whenever I call, he remembers me and gives me an honest opinion on my car issues (imo). I look young, like mid 20s young, but he never treated me like an idiot kid. He is cocky, but kind of funny.

I must note everytime I got work done, I showed up first in line and waited a couple hours in facility. I never dropped off my car and left.

When I first looked for an Indy in the Westchester & Rockland Counties, I saw Deman Motorsport in Blauvelt and Rennwerke in Elmsford. After reading negative reviews about Deman on this forum, I avoided them and went with Rennwerke.

After a quick google search, I see Deman, Rennwerke, and MTech motors all have a 5 Star Google rating based on limited amount of reviews.

On that note, Very sorry to hear your experience. This makes me wonder if I had to leave my car over night though.

Last edited by GT2RSobsessed; 03-10-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:33 PM
82_930
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GT2RSobsessed
Dang this is sad to hear because Cheech has never done me wrong and provided me good insight on my car. I even use the Rennwerk license plate holder because I have been pleased on every visit.

In the past 2 years I have been to Rennwerke to install fister exhaust, sharkwerks cross pipes, short shifter and change transmission fluid. Never had a problem. He even gave me a discount one time when the labor time was almost at 4 hours, he charged 3 hours. I also picked his brain and had conversations on several occasions. Whenever I call, he remembers me and gives me an honest opinion on my car issues (imo). I look young, like mid 20s young, but he never treated me like an idiot kid. He is cocky, but kind of funny.

I must note everytime I got work done, I showed up first in line and waited a couple hours in facility. I never dropped off my car and left.

When I first looked for an Indy in the Westchester & Rockland Counties, I saw Deman Motorsport in Blauvelt and Rennwerke in Elmsford. After reading negative reviews about Deman on this forum, I avoided them and went with Rennwerke.

After a quick google search, I see Deman, Rennwerke, and MTech motors all have a 5 Star Google rating based on limited amount of reviews.

On that note, Very sorry to hear your experience. This makes me wonder if I had to leave my car over night though.

Yeah,

I am very sorry also... lol.

Definitely do not leave it for the day, and absolutely do not leave it overnight. Guaranteed that he will mess with it (so you will have to return for a future repair), and additionally, he may switch parts from your car that are nicer and you'll be none the wiser.

AND NEVER buy parts from him, like brake rotors for example... he will tell you that they are OEM factory Porsche rotors (I think that Zimmermann makes the OEM ones) but instead of the Zimmermann's that Porsche uses, he will install for you low grade ones that are also from Zimmermann and then tell you that he's giving you a great price, when in fact he will be ripping you off as most people will not catch on to the difference.

If you ever run into any other shops (like paint guys or a leather guys, etc), even they could tell you some horror stories about how he screws people.

Mike over at MTech seems to be a straight up guy. LoL, and even he has heard stories about Cheech. Just be careful with him if you continue to go to him.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by 82_930; 03-11-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:51 PM
GT2RSobsessed
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Well thanks for this thread and the heads up. Something to consider in the future. Atleast I know there are other reputable options in the area.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:24 PM
bah212
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since new, I have had my '10 C2 serviced at Ray Catena in Edison NJ. An oil change is $250 and comes with the usual multi-point inspection. They always send me a service coupon at least once a year for $25 or $50 discount. There is an easy online appointment scheduler and you can wait for your car in their very comfortable waiting room with WiFi, coffee and light refreshments. I've never had to wait more than 90 minutes for an oil change service, when adding a brake fluid change maybe 2 hours.

Quick Reply: Price of an oil change in NYC - $200-$520(+ tax)?