Sponsored by:

Fidelity Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM
pirchryn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fidelity Warranty

Anyone how to purchase this coverage? Do I have to go to a dealer to get a quote and coverage? What is the approximate cost for an 06 C4? Are there brokers in NJ?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:48 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by pirchryn
Anyone how to purchase this coverage? Do I have to go to a dealer to get a quote and coverage? What is the approximate cost for an 06 C4? Are there brokers in NJ?
I think they're only sold through dealerships. That's where I got mine for the -06 C4S. A platinum plan which is very close to CPO in coverage. Paid about $1,800 for a three year policy. Important: Buy it before your factory coverage expires or you'll pay quiet a bit more.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 PM
pirchryn
Intermediate

Thanks for the info...I have an email out to my dealership. Let's see what they say.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You can also call them directly and get a quote. Not sure how that compares to what your dealer would offer you. Google fidelity car warranty and you should be able to get the number.

Ken
Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 PM
f1pilota
Intermediate

I got a 4/48 for $2500 with $250 deductible on 06 c2S with 15kmiles out of warranty. Porsche N. Houston.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:11 PM
pirchryn
Intermediate

Awesome deal...Did you contact them directly?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:07 PM
f1pilota
Intermediate

Yes, I went in. Negotiate with her, then ask for the higher deductible if you are ok with 250. See is quite nice and straight forward.

Here is her contact info

Maisa Khalaf, 281-944-2107. Mkhalaf@porscheofnorthhouston.com
Old 02-19-2012, 09:13 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

I purchased the Fidelity Warranty Services Platinum exclusionary policy in November 2011 for my 2008 C2S. A few thoughts.

(1) Existing mileage determines the length of the policy offered and the associated premium costs. Under 10K miles is the most favorable. There are other mileage "break points" that affect premiums.

(2) Having a factory warranty still in effect lowers the premium cost.

(3) Like all insurance, the lower the deductible the more costly the premium. I chose $100 deductible. Some have gone as high as $250. You need to crunch the numbers.

(4) The warranty can be purchased from any dealer that is an agent for Fidelity Warranty products. Call Fidelity and ask them for 5 dealers who carry the policy and get on the phone and ask for the F&I manager and price shop the warranty. You would be surprised at the variance in the selling price to you. I purchased my warranty from a local Honda dealer.+

Hope the above helps.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

I asked the dealer for a blank copy of the Fidelity Platinum coverage, and found there is a clause that says to the effect of breakdowns are covered if a part fails due to defect in manufacture or workmanship for the entire policy term, but breakdowns caused by a part that fails due to wear are covered only until 50,000 miles. Thus it's possible once the car goes over 50K they could say an IMS bearing failed due to wear and deny replacing the engine. Not saying they will do it, or that they have ever done it. I was fortunate enough at the time to find another comparable warranty without such a clause, and it cost me half what they wanted for Fidelity. (My car was 6 model years old and coming off CPO at the time. The extended warranty companies do not classify CPO as being still under factory warranty!)

So my only advice is to be an informed consumer and shop around. Fidelity may be your best bet, or it may not. Here in FL the regulations are very tough and a lot of companies don't sell here, so we don't have as many options as other states might (with the exception of CA, another state with tough regs on these things). Fidelity is owned by the JM (the late Jim Moran) auto group, which is based here in FL.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

i was exchanging PMs with a guy who just lost his engine due to IMS i beleive and he had Fidelity coverage - they apparently cover about a half of a total $24K bill as they do not cover whole replacement cost 'as is'.
If that guy I spoke to will choose to write about his experience on an open forum he will provide more details.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Michael T
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

Try EZ Care. I had very good luck on my 996 and had a fair amount of claims. A friend is on his second policy. My service manager at the Porsche dealer told me they have the least problems on claims.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i was exchanging PMs with a guy who just lost his engine due to IMS i beleive and he had Fidelity coverage - they apparently cover about a half of a total $24K bill as they do not cover whole replacement cost 'as is'.
If that guy I spoke to will choose to write about his experience on an open forum he will provide more details.
I would interested to understand the circumstances. My local Porsche dealer says that Fidelity works with them as long as they follow the pre approval process. Often that process is not followed as specified by Fidelity.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
So this Fidelity coverage had the owner provide 50% co-insurance on the claims?

I'd think they either cover an failure or not, and if its covered then the policy defines how much the owner vs the insurance pay (deductible, coinsurance, etc).
Old 02-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Neotorque
Rennlist Member

My dealership sells Fidelity and says they have never had a single issue getting a claim paid. I can't respond to every anecdotal story, but they seem to have exceptionally good reports from BBB and others who have dealt with them.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Minok
So this Fidelity coverage had the owner provide 50% co-insurance on the claims?

I'd think they either cover an failure or not, and if its covered then the policy defines how much the owner vs the insurance pay (deductible, coinsurance, etc).

I exchanged PMs with the Rennlister who is referred to as only getting paid 50%. Not the case. Just a misunderstanding of what happened. He will respond when his repair is finalized. After his explanation, I continue to feel very comfortable that Fidelity offers and actual delivers good coverage.

Quick Reply: Fidelity Warranty