Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fidelity Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 07:43 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm in the process of purchasing an extended warranty and have some current information. To provide a base line my car has is a 2005 non-S with 43,000 miles and no warranty. EasyCare would not cover my car. Carchex offered a 36/36,000 or 48/48,000 plan, They did have higher mileage plans but these worked for me. My contact told me the highest deductible I could get was $100 per incident. I'd prefer a higher deductible since I'm looking for catastrophic coverage and would prefer a lower rate. National Administrative Service Co. I'm not sure how to post a PDF but I have a sample contract and will be happy to pass along; here are some points of interest:
1. "Coverage Provided - We will reimburse You or a licensed repair facility for the
costs to repair or replace covered parts that fail due to a Mechanical
Breakdown , less the applicable Deductible" In the general part of the contract which states what is covered it does not have any stipulation limiting repairs at 50,000 miles. The only mileage limitation is the term of the contract. In my case 43,000 miles + 36,000 or 48,000.
2. "Limits of Liability - The total of all benefits paid or payable under this
Contract shall not exceed the actual cash value of the Vehicle at the Contract" and "Reimbursement does not include diminution in value to Your
Vehicle." There is no reduction in coverage due to the depreciation of the vehicle - this is very good.
3. "You must have Your Vehicle checked and serviced in accordance with the
manufacturers recommendations, as outlined in the Owners Manual." Only requirement is factory recommended service schedule.
4. "Engine: Cylinder block, cylinder head(s) if damaged by
internally lubricated parts. All internally lubricated parts including:
pistons, piston rings and pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting
rods and rod bearings, camshaft and bearings, pushrods, rocker arms,
valves, valve springs, seats and guides, lifters, followers, oil pump,
timing chain; Timing belt and gear; Harmonic balancer; Dipstick & tube;
Seals and Gaskets. Valve covers, timing cover, and oil pan if damaged
by internally lubricated parts; vacuum pump, engine mounts." The same engine coverage is specified for all three levels of coverage - Silver, Gold, and Platinum (There is a fourth level Ultimate but they did not offer it to me). The only requirement is for something to be damaged by an internally lubricated part which should cover the IMS.
5. NOT COVERED "To damage of a non-covered part resulting from the failure of a
covered part or damage to a covered part by a non-covered
part." I don't like this one - covered parts not covered when damaged by non-covered parts.
6. NOT COVERED "Any repair for the purpose of correcting engine compression or
oil consumption when a Breakdown has not occurred. Burnt
valves, valve grinding, stuck or carboned piston rings are not
covered." Only covered if there is a breakdown.
7. NOT COVERED "If Your Vehicle has been altered and does not meet
manufacturers specifications, including but not limited to, any
custom or add-on part, all frame or suspension modifications, lift
kits, oversized/undersized tires, emissions and/or exhaust
systems modifications, or power train modifications." No mods!
The price is a little salty $4,520 or $5,887 but it looks like a better policy than what is being discussed regarding Fidelity based on the 50,000 limit discussion. I have to make a note that I have not read the Fidelity contract so I can only go by what I'm reading. I just sent Paragon Motor Club an email and will wait for their response. The Fidelity guy is not pushy but he is pleasantly aggressive in trying to close me. They called me within 90 seconds of my online request and have already sent a manager's special offering a $100 off if I sign up by the 29th.
If there is a way to post a PDF let me know and I get it online.

Last edited by user 72902; 02-25-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just signed up for a Century EW through Costco for my 07 C4S with 14k on the odo. $4k for 6 years/60,000 miles with a 250 deductible. My guess is that I will lose unless the IMS goes but that is what insurance is - exchange a certain amount for an uncertain exposure.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:29 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
Just signed up for a Century EW through Costco for my 07 C4S with 14k on the odo. $4k for 6 years/60,000 miles with a 250 deductible. My guess is that I will lose unless the IMS goes but that is what insurance is - exchange a certain amount for an uncertain exposure.
I agree with you 100%. Some people seem to be obsessed with recovering their premium but you hit the nail on the head - there is a cost of knowing you are protected from some uncertain breakdowns during the next six years. Heck I have hazard insurance on my house and don't feel like I didn't get my money's worth when my house doesn't burn down.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

I got a 3yr/36k Fidelity warranty for my 2008 G500 with 53k miles which I purchased from Stevens Creek Porsche primarily from the positive reviews here. I had been looking for a CPO g-wagon for a while without much luck. I also learned that the MB cpo coverage only covers one year. So when my G500 popped up at a local Porsche dealer I had a price in mind that I was ready to agree to.

At least at this dealer they said there was almost no room to negotiate on the warranty, just the truck. The warranty/finance guy admitted he was a bit shocked at the price of the warranty. I'm coming from maintaining a 1992 Range Rover where every repair visit is at least $1k. I really wanted to just drive my g-wagon and not think this quick errand might lead to a $1k repair. Given the higher mileage of the vehicle and being completely out of warranty from a non-Benz dealer, plus the overall price I was ready to spend, I agreed to the Fidelity warranty for $5k with a $250 deductible. Hope to never use it and happy with my decision.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:28 AM
f1pilota
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just used my fidelity warrantee on starter cable.

Starter cable went bad as seen on many 997s.(slow starter especially after warm up) Paid 250 deductible, was given a rental car, Fidelity came out to inspect, approved $1500 repair. No issues or problems. As I understand it, Fidelity is the warrantee company for VW/Audi. So far very pleased and happy I got the coverage. Warantee bought at Porsche n. Houston, work done at the same.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 AM
ricm
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hyundai

I'm also shopping for an extended warranty. I called Fidelity and they gave me several dealers who sell their products. Among them are Porsche/Fremont (CA), and local dealers (Sacramento) - Hertz (no longer a Fidelity seller), VW/Audi, and Hyundai.

I called each and encountered a wide variation for the same Platinum policy/duration/deductible with Hyundai coming in the lowest by far (-$1200K). I called Fidelity to confirm if it matters where one purchases the policy and at what price - they said no. Platinum is Platinum.

Any experiences/feedback that would counter making the purchase at the local Hyundai dealer?

My local P dealer sells CNA (??) and Zurich (pricey) but I'd like to have a recognized company as I'll probably be using other dealers elsewhere
Old 08-08-2012, 09:32 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ricm
I'm also shopping for an extended warranty. I called Fidelity and they gave me several dealers who sell their products. Among them are Porsche/Fremont (CA), and local dealers (Sacramento) - Hertz (no longer a Fidelity seller), VW/Audi, and Hyundai.

I called each and encountered a wide variation for the same Platinum policy/duration/deductible with Hyundai coming in the lowest by far (-$1200K). I called Fidelity to confirm if it matters where one purchases the policy and at what price - they said no. Platinum is Platinum.

Any experiences/feedback that would counter making the purchase at the local Hyundai dealer?

My local P dealer sells CNA (??) and Zurich (pricey) but I'd like to have a recognized company as I'll probably be using other dealers elsewhere

I did the same price shopping among local dealers and the lowest price was a Honda dealer. And that dealer sold me the Fidelity Platinum policy for about $1,000 less than my next lowest price which was from a Porsche dealer.

Quick Reply: Fidelity Warranty