Sponsored by:

Things I'd like to see on Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
You ARE the PERFECT customer for 991! I guess Porsche did their homework right.
They always do. The fan base is changing and is bi-modal - young Playstation gen and old folks.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by triode
Passenger window with one-touch closing.
Huh, my Cayman has this...
Old 01-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by BSL
Huh, my Cayman has this...
So does my '11 Cayenne and the 991, but on my '09 Carrera only from the 1/2 closed position....
Old 01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know ... I kindof like the concept that my car doesn't have all the typical do-dads and electronic gizmos that you find in everything from a Ford Focus to a Merc S-Class.

Voice commands? No way.
Keyless entry? Nice try.
Dynamic cruise control? Not in this century.
iDrive or COMAND menus? Keep your hands on the wheel, jerky.
Working cup holders? Get an SUV.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DHC
Keyless entry? Nice try..
Active cruise control is a nuisance for radar detectors.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

How about a hydraulic lift that lowers/raises the car for ease of entry/exit? And running boards, too. I’d like to see running boards on a 911. That would be cool. And instead of that useless tow-hook up front, how about a mounting hitch for a front plow? Handy for us NorthEasters when we want to get out of our driveway, but the snow is way too deep to do so. Not to mention I can make a few extra bucks plowing my neighbor’s houses. In style, of course!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:24 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Graygoose997
How about a simple electronic message, when starting the car, that Porsche has checked the oil levels and found that oil level is satisfactory....or not.

I'm sure the computer could work out this simple task without forcing us to sit there twiddling our thumbs while we wait the 5 minutes needed.
Or better yet...give us back our dipsticks.
Because you still would have to sit there "for 5 minutes" while it did the check, just as you do with a dipstick if you know what you're doing. I suppose that would really annoy people who find it annoying to pick their own convenient time to wait the one minute my car never exceeds.

G
Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
This is a sports car, not a boulevard cruiser. It requires an attentive driver, who must be perfectly capable of deciding when to turn the headlights on.
[...]
Put in P while stopped (even though i do not recommend it).
[...]
Get any model after MY09.
[...]
Get MY09 (or newer) with the iPod/USB/Aux ports.
I can't agree, Tony. For these 'problems' the right choice would be a Lexus.

Gary
Old 01-23-2012, 06:31 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
How about a hydraulic lift that lowers/raises the car for ease of entry/exit? And running boards, too. I’d like to see running boards on a 911. That would be cool. And instead of that useless tow-hook up front, how about a mounting hitch for a front plow? Handy for us NorthEasters when we want to get out of our driveway, but the snow is way too deep to do so. Not to mention I can make a few extra bucks plowing my neighbor’s houses. In style, of course!
Wait, wait! I've got it! We need a voice-to-text feature so I can keep with my buds while the car is driving me to the mall!

Gary
Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by simsgw
I can't agree, Tony. For these 'problems' the right choice would be a Lexus.

Gary
Maybe a chauffeured Lexus?
Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by simsgw
Wait, wait! I've got it! We need a voice-to-text feature so I can keep with my buds while the car is driving me to the mall!

Gary
The mall and the corner 'latte' hangout. That is the direction - bimodal, Playstation/old folks.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

Ok wise A***S, noted. as far as headlights on, this is because my previous cars had it and I DO sometimes forget, having gotten used to it...no big deal, you can still turn them on and off manually.
I forgot 2 more, SPARE TIRE....and how about a beep to confirm the doors are locked....
I guess I fall into the group of OLD folks (1935) you figure it out
By the way this is my 7th P car and my 66th owned car.
So respect your elders....bunch of juvenile delinquents....
Some of us just enjoy driving the PORSCHE around, no racing, no more DE's no more autocrosses, I know my limits....and with these "elderly" parts comes the need for POWER STEERING, AND auto trans...
Just wait till all those injuries you did in you 20's to 50's catch up to you..then you'll understand..
Old 01-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I guess I was being a wise a***s. Just having some fun here. But seriously, I remember when I picked up my first P-car, and the technician went thru the car with me, reciting all the options NOT included with the car, which is a looooong list, and then whispered over that if I wanted those options, he would gladly walk me across the street to the Benz dealer. I thought it was funny.

Nonetheless, I think 911s, for a pure sports car, already come equipped with too many creature comforts. Take the Ferrari Scuderia series for example, for twice the money (or more), you get no carpets!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by dak911
Ok wise A***S, noted. as far as headlights on, this is because my previous cars had it and I DO sometimes forget, having gotten used to it...no big deal, you can still turn them on and off manually.
I forgot 2 more, SPARE TIRE....and how about a beep to confirm the doors are locked....
I guess I fall into the group of OLD folks (1935) you figure it out
By the way this is my 7th P car and my 66th owned car.
So respect your elders....bunch of juvenile delinquents....
Some of us just enjoy driving the PORSCHE around, no racing, no more DE's no more autocrosses, I know my limits....and with these "elderly" parts comes the need for POWER STEERING, AND auto trans...
Just wait till all those injuries you did in you 20's to 50's catch up to you..then you'll understand..
I do respect my elders. I think though that you are underestimating yourself. You are perfectly capable of remembering to turn lights off. Now that I think about it, starting with MY09 the light switch has a position to keep lights on for a few minutes once the car is parked and will after that turn those off.

Nothing wrong with auto tranny. Even better if it is PDK.

But the point of our (mine/others) criticism is that we feel PAG is going soft, and underestimating people such as yourself.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:33 PM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

OK, seriously. One thing my wife's Audi has is, when you hit the lock button and walk away, the car gives you a quick 'chirp' to let you know all is secure.

That would be nice.

Quick Reply: Things I'd like to see on Porsche