Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Dust Gone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I'm a convert. This stuff is pretty nice.
Drove the usual distance that would "shame" me into a wheel cleaning yet when I got out to look they looked all clean. On closer inspection there was a light film of dust, but nothing like what I got with a waxed wheel.
I did not notice any dulling of the finish. Shiny as ever after the first wipe down.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried the Armor all product on our new Audi, which leaves tons of brake dust. Used over half the can on a set of 4 wheels. The back wheels were ok, with a light build up after a week. But I was not impressed with the front wheels. I ended up having to clean the wheels as I usually do.

That was several months ago, the rest of the can is still unused. I've gone back to Rejex.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:39 PM
nkelley
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tested this product w/ doubts! WOW it's everything they say it will do. I cleaned my rims as usual, covered the brake calipers w/ a towel and sprayed a thin coat inside and out (Let dry for 24 hours). Still on the Porsche "honeymoon" I clean her once a week w/ extreme detailing. My wife says my 911 is my new girlfriend, she might be right, anyway I took her on the typical 30 minute Friday ride, usually to return with brake dust covered rims which takes me 30 minutes to clean all four.

To my surprise, my rears were 98% dust free while my fronts were 95% dust free. One swipe with a damp rag and the rims were like new again. The trade off is it takes 30 minutes plus down time to apply. Not sure how long it will last.

My opinion it's well worth it. I also noticed that there were ZERO baked on chunks of brake dust, mostly fine powder on the outer edge of the rim.

I purhased at a pep boys for 8 bucks per can, I purchased the lst two, it's apparent that others have caught on. Certainly worth applying after a complete wash and wax, it's a nice final touch!

Thx to SB Porsche for the tip!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I have to admit, I'm debating about using the product on the barrels of my Spyder. I'm tired of reaching through to clean them and every time I look at my wifes DD I'm jealous of how clean they look without any effort.

I will still hold off though since I want to see the long term effects of the product.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:33 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

AutoZone now sells a JUMBO 15 ounce can for about $17. Just saw it today.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 PM
nkelley
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice

Quick Reply: Brake Dust Gone!!!