NAV TV Sound Quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Khalid Kassim
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV TV Sound Quality

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 997.1 Turbo and was planning on getting the Dension installed but to my surprise the car came with a NavTV iPod Integration. At first I didn't notice it but now when switching from a CD to the NavTV iPod, the sound quality takes a big hit. Especially the vocals and treble in general, sounds muffled and somewhat distorted. On the NavTV website they claim to have audiophile quality sound and I know the difference this does not sound audiophile quality. What could be causing this? Does anyone else who has a NavTV iPod integration kit have the same issues? Its really annoying me cause I shipped my car overseas and here I am stuck w/ crappy sound quality and can only rely on 1 MP3 CD at a time if I wanna listen to crisp sounding music turned up.

Please help!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Can you isolate the ipod cable and a) check its connection to the main unit, and b) see that it is not pinched somewhere along its path?

We're big on Dension, for a reason, but if you have the other unit, you might check this first, then head to their site forum to question the guys at NavTV.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 AM
cappy1
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Khalid Kassim
Hey guys,

On the NavTV website they claim to have audiophile quality sound...
Please help!
Although your problem is apparently not related to the inherent sound of the iPod or NavTV, I must take issue with claims that the music is “audiophile sound quality”. Various compression and codec techniques lower the bitrate by a factor of ten or more when compared to a commercial music CD. Fewer bits means lower quality music. Although MP3’s/iPods may be fine for background or other non-critical listening, they are not audiophile quality and can’t compare to an original CD.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Khalid Kassim
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 997.1 Turbo and was planning on getting the Dension installed but to my surprise the car came with a NavTV iPod Integration. At first I didn't notice it but now when switching from a CD to the NavTV iPod, the sound quality takes a big hit. Especially the vocals and treble in general, sounds muffled and somewhat distorted. On the NavTV website they claim to have audiophile quality sound and I know the difference this does not sound audiophile quality. What could be causing this? Does anyone else who has a NavTV iPod integration kit have the same issues? Its really annoying me cause I shipped my car overseas and here I am stuck w/ crappy sound quality and can only rely on 1 MP3 CD at a time if I wanna listen to crisp sounding music turned up.

Please help!
Had a NAV-TV ipod unit in my wife's 2006 Cayenne S and the sound was very good. Not quite as good as a CD for reasons mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but not siginficantly worse. I would hink it is an installation/cable problem.

Quick Reply: NAV TV Sound Quality