P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 282 Posts

Cool! Will give this stuff a try. Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I tried this stuff the last time I washed my car and the wheels look great. By now they are usually covered with brake dust and they still look great. This is an awsome product that actually does what it is suppose to. It works so well I feel like I need to stock up on it before it disappears from the market.

Ken
Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 PM
BlackStrat
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got some Christmas money and feeling lucky. Think I can upgrade to ceramics for $20 and a handful of Target gift certificates?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:24 PM
sullivas
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the directions say it can be applied with a cloth instead of spraying it on?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sullivas
Do the directions say it can be applied with a cloth instead of spraying it on?
There is no mention of applying it via a cloth in the directions IIRC.

I would assume spraying it on is the most even way of applying it.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Are you using it on the entire wheel or just the inside barrel?
TIA
Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

You can use it on the entire wheel. For best results remove the wheels, wash, dry and then spray. I used a couple of light coats and avoided any runs. For around town and spirited driving you can't beat it. I did a couple of days at the Dragon with some friends and my wheels looked great. Couldn't say that for the other guys.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Carrera Jack
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for the Armor All Wheel Protectant, it is an awesome product. It even repels rain and dirty after one week of raining days here in Taipei. The only complain that I have is that it is too little. One bottle can only apply 12 rims (three cars), had to keep them in stock before I ran out of them quickly. They should have come up with a bigger size!!! Still, love the product very much.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:38 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

How do u apply it via spray NOT to over-spill on the rotors? I think it'd be almost impossible not to spray the brakes/rotors if the wheels are NOT off the car.

For people who sprayed, did u remove wheels before spraying? or you did it on the car?
Old 12-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Originally Posted by alexb76
How do u apply it via spray NOT to over-spill on the rotors? I think it'd be almost impossible not to spray the brakes/rotors if the wheels are NOT off the car.
This is a simple product. Spray it on and go. If you get any on the rotors, one light press of the brake pedal will remove any and all of the overspray from the rotors. This stuff is extremely thin and not like paint or undercoating.

For people who sprayed, did u remove wheels before spraying? or you did it on the car?
There is zero need to remove the rims unless you want the entire rim coated with the stuff (but I think that is over kill). Spray the rims on the car, let the spray dry for awhile (at least an hour) and go driving. You'll have to reapply a very light coat of the stuff after each throrough cleaning of the rims.

Just got my 2nd bottle of the stuff at Wal-Mart for $6.97 tonight...
Old 12-30-2011, 03:36 AM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay H
This is a simple product. Spray it on and go. If you get any on the rotors, one light press of the brake pedal will remove any and all of the overspray from the rotors. This stuff is extremely thin and not like paint or undercoating.

There is zero need to remove the rims unless you want the entire rim coated with the stuff (but I think that is over kill). Spray the rims on the car, let the spray dry for awhile (at least an hour) and go driving. You'll have to reapply a very light coat of the stuff after each throrough cleaning of the rims.

Just got my 2nd bottle of the stuff at Wal-Mart for $6.97 tonight...
I went to the local wal-mart tonight and grabbed the last two cans. $8.00 here, the paradise tax at work. I'm going to try it on my wife's 10 spoke impossible to clean MB rims first.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:12 AM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Jay says, removing the wheel is overkill. I see some wheel designs that it would be difficult to get into the back of the barrel but adding that 15-30 mins each time you wash is over the top IMO. I've never seen any residue of this stuff on my rotors and as mentioned above, the first touch of the pedal, it's gone. The material goes on real thin, and you don't need to apply it to soak/run off levels. I second Carrera Jack's thought that the cans are too small (maybe to keep it to a price point?) and I get about the same mileage out of a can (3-4 washes). I'd rather pay a bit more and get a can twice the size. Buy it, read the directions, use it and you'll probably buy more!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I did some reading online and noted that a few people have observed a duller (less reflective) appearance when using this product. Apparently the clear coat doesn't reflect as well. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm going to buy some in the spring to use on my DD's summer wheels. If all goes well I will start using it on the Spyder too!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I did some reading online and noted that a few people have observed a duller (less reflective) appearance when using this product. Apparently the clear coat doesn't reflect as well. Has anyone else seen this?
Yes, the rims are slightly duller with this product sprayed on, but to me, it far outweighs the brake dust collecting which makes the rims even more dull even after just a few stops.

Plus, the huge advantage to me is that when I wash the car (which is very often), the rotors rust, then upon first application of the brakes, the rust is ground off and then deposited on the rims which looks horrendous. That problem has been eliminated with the Armor All product. So, I'll gladly give up just a slight bit of rim gloss to get rid of the rust deposits and brake dust build up.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wrote a fairly lengthy (albeit anecdotal) post about this product a few months ago and mentioned that it does leave my factory painted wheels a bit less glossy. This is very minimal and the trade off (as stated just above) is way beyond the loss of gloss. If you don't use this stuff, within about 5 minutes of city driving, you have enough brake dust on your newly washed/waxed wheels to dull any gloss! The lack of shine is essentially a non issue. I mentioned it when I first wrote about the product just so users wouldn't be surprised by it.
As I say, it's a non issue. You'll be amazed.

That spoken, I have not heard anyone report on using this on chrome wheels..(any of those here??!!) Also, a recent poster mentioned that the haze is genuinely bad on black wheels.

Quick Reply: Brake Dust Gone!!!