Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:44 AM
Uwon
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jfort
Installed MACarbon AC buttons. Great product. Worth the time and money. Hated looking at those cheap, black falling off controls. Can't believe Porsche used such cheap materials in the first place.
jfort, perhaps you could help me out. I looked at their rudimentary web site and could not find the AC buttons that you are referring to. Thanks
Old 01-16-2018, 11:21 AM
jfort
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Default MACarbon AC buttons

The switches can be ordered from the MACarbon website. Or give them a call at 650.489.4415.
https://macarbon.com/index.php?optio...111&Itemid=656
Old 01-16-2018, 04:32 PM
MAcarbon
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Happy To help

Originally Posted by Uwon

jfort, perhaps you could help me out. I looked at their rudimentary web site and could not find the AC buttons that you are referring to. Thanks
Uwon,
We'd love to hear your feedback on the site. We normally get compliments on it but sometimes the search and the way we organize things makes it difficult to find parts. We're always looking to get better so if you have a few moments, please PM me with what annoyed you.

We have a batch of four finishing up tomorrow. I have one of those available (as 3 are sold) so if you'd like to get the problem fixed now, its a good time. Our next batch will probably be 4 weeks out or so.
We also have an install guide if you want to see if you can do the swap yourself: https://www.macarbon.com/install_gui...structions.pdf

Thanks!
John
Old 01-16-2018, 10:41 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Teaser.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:17 AM
fyn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Washed for some sunny 'for sale' photos.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:01 AM
Clubber
Racer

Received 509 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
Teaser.
Wheel ****. 18 ?
Old 01-17-2018, 07:11 AM
alvinl
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

installed this aftermarket android stereo. everything works, GPS, Bluetooth, wifi, steering control, with Android 7, great call quality. installation is easier than expected, plug n play.

I thought i couldn't stand the color mismatch, but it looks not that bad irl.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Uwon
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MAcarbon
Uwon,
We'd love to hear your feedback on the site. We normally get compliments on it but sometimes the search and the way we organize things makes it difficult to find parts. We're always looking to get better so if you have a few moments, please PM me with what annoyed you.

We have a batch of four finishing up tomorrow. I have one of those available (as 3 are sold) so if you'd like to get the problem fixed now, its a good time. Our next batch will probably be 4 weeks out or so.
We also have an install guide if you want to see if you can do the swap yourself: https://www.macarbon.com/install_gui...structions.pdf

Thanks!
John
My appologies John. Thank you for responding. Your web site is indeed excellent. When I did a quick Google search for your web site yesterday, I somehow ended up on one of your competitor’s site (with a similar name).
Old 01-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Rampage
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WantA997
Teaser.
Woah. Amazing. Gotta love BBS.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:22 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 108 Posts

Had installed red centerlock nuts. Something I've long thought to do.

A bit dirty, but a bit of color.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:14 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 161 Posts

Some nice interior refresh here on my 2005 997S Launch Edition-

X97 Shifter & Hand Brake
Painted Center Console in Silver
Porsche Crest Console Lid
Pioneer double din.

Love the look , the console and that part look amazing- Only thing i'd like to add now is a nicer steering wheel. May do DCTMS we will see.

The pioneer double din is of course great functions & really brings you all the modern tech such as carplay etc...However the BOSE system sounded much better with the original PCM, it now just doesn't sound as clean in my opinion- If i had it to do all over again i'd probably try to keep the original PCM and just do some kind of Modulator to listen to my ipod (had Mobridge before on my last 997 & didn't like way it functioned much either)
Old 01-20-2018, 12:15 AM
joe084S
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I picked up my 2008 997 4S in late november. it is my first Porsche and after driving it for a short time I wish I would have bought one way sooner. My car is Black on black, sport seats, sport corn package, nav, sunroof, PCCB's, 19" wheels, sport exhaust, X51 package, full leather dash and door cards, full cherry tails, 5mm factory spacers and factory fire extinguisher mounted under driver seat, alcantara shift **** and brake handle. its original msrp was $133,000.

so far I purchased a new renown steering wheel with the rennline quick release, rennline adjustable motor mounts, Rotiform 3 piece SIX wheels 19x9 and 19x12, muffler delete pipes, agency power roll bar and a set of custom coil overs built by Open Road Tuning. I do have a couple other mods that will be ordered and getting installed in the next month like the ipd and GT3 TB combo, GIAC tune, a short shifter after I chose what brand to order, flat black rock chip guards and probably an Aero bumper from sun coast.

I am new to this forum and to the Porsche world so im sure some of my mods are not up to some peoples standards or likings but so far I am pleased on how it is coming along. if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to throw them at me.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:20 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,757 Likes on 4,299 Posts

Originally Posted by joe084S
I picked up my 2008 997 4S in late november. it is my first Porsche and after driving it for a short time I wish I would have bought one way sooner. My car is Black on black, sport seats, sport corn package, nav, sunroof, PCCB's, 19" wheels, sport exhaust, X51 package, full leather dash and door cards, full cherry tails, 5mm factory spacers and factory fire extinguisher mounted under driver seat, alcantara shift **** and brake handle. its original msrp was $133,000.

so far I purchased a new renown steering wheel with the rennline quick release, rennline adjustable motor mounts, Rotiform 3 piece SIX wheels 19x9 and 19x12, muffler delete pipes, agency power roll bar and a set of custom coil overs built by Open Road Tuning. I do have a couple other mods that will be ordered and getting installed in the next month like the ipd and GT3 TB combo, GIAC tune, a short shifter after I chose what brand to order, flat black rock chip guards and probably an Aero bumper from sun coast.

I am new to this forum and to the Porsche world so im sure some of my mods are not up to some peoples standards or likings but so far I am pleased on how it is coming along. if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to throw them at me.
Welcome to Rennlist and congrats on the car. You'll learn quickly here that you have to post pics or it didn't happen
Old 01-20-2018, 12:29 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,757 Likes on 4,299 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Some nice interior refresh here on my 2005 997S Launch Edition-

X97 Shifter & Hand Brake
Painted Center Console in Silver
Porsche Crest Console Lid
Pioneer double din.

Love the look , the console and that part look amazing- Only thing i'd like to add now is a nicer steering wheel. May do DCTMS we will see.

The pioneer double din is of course great functions & really brings you all the modern tech such as carplay etc...However the BOSE system sounded much better with the original PCM, it now just doesn't sound as clean in my opinion- If i had it to do all over again i'd probably try to keep the original PCM and just do some kind of Modulator to listen to my ipod (had Mobridge before on my last 997 & didn't like way it functioned much either
Tarek, looks great ! If you do decide to go with the DCT MS wheel I have a triangle airbag normal wheel available that I'll sell you for half their Core charge which will save you a couple hundred dollars and let you keep driving your car while they make the new wheel. When I had them do mine, Ivan was willing to take a round airbag wheel as my core even though he was making me a triangular airbag one - maybe he's willing to do the opposite for you. Anyway, let me know if interested - here's a pic of the wheel I had them do for me and the one I have available.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:33 AM
ironmike
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cleaned out the radiator areas and installed screens in the openings. Man! a lot of crap gets in there.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?