What did you do to your 997 today? - Page 529 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Old 02-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Recruiter_Bruno
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by o'bluetouring View Post
Ordered Remotekey 2 days ago. Received it and installed it today!! Now I have a dipping passenger mirror when reversing!!!

Attachment 1300655

Attachment 1300656
How did you find the installation?
Easy?
I'd love to do this just to hear the car beep when I lock/unlock the doors!
And they never seem to go on sale?
Old 02-22-2019, 05:49 PM
o'bluetouring
User

Originally Posted by Recruiter_Bruno
How did you find the installation?
Easy?
I'd love to do this just to hear the car beep when I lock/unlock the doors!
And they never seem to go on sale?
Ordered it from MotiveMods. A few bucks cheaper than retail price of $299 (part# RKLBPE1 for my 997.2 without memory seat).

Installation was pretty straight forward. It did take me a bit longer because my garage was dark so I had to use flashlight, plus I was taking my time and reading each sentence 5x before each step, and I didn't want to break anything. If I have to do it again, I would say it will take me 15-20 mins. Only suggestion I have is to tap the 12V hot/ground wires toward the bottom, close to left side of the fuse box (step #7 of the official installation manual). It will make the wires neater when you try to shove everything back in. I tapped it too high toward the piece that's wrapped in plastic so it wasn't as easy to neatly bundle the wires when finishing up the installation.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:09 PM
jayi836
User

Ordered it from MotiveMods. A few bucks cheaper than retail price of $299 (part# RKLBPE1 for my 997.2 without memory seat).

Installation was pretty straight forward. It did take me a bit longer because my garage was dark so I had to use flashlight, plus I was taking my time and reading each sentence 5x before each step, and I didn't want to break anything. If I have to do it again, I would say it will take me 15-20 mins. Only suggestion I have is to tap the 12V hot/ground wires toward the bottom, close to left side of the fuse box (step #7 of the official installation manual). It will make the wires neater when you try to shove everything back in. I tapped it too high toward the piece that's wrapped in plastic so it wasn't as easy to neatly bundle the wires when finishing up the installation.
Thanks for the tip going to order one for my 08 Cab $417.05 seems worth it, A bit disappointing the car can do this on its own. Tried to program with the Durametric Pro no dice. Was able to turn off the DRL and seat belt chime.

Last edited by jayi836; 02-22-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:24 PM
LISsailor
User

Installed my new Ledermanz wheel!
Old 02-22-2019, 08:46 PM
jll1011
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LISsailor View Post

Installed my new Ledermanz wheel!
You have done it! Looks great.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:16 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ordered Remotekey 2 days ago. Received it and installed it today!! Now I have a dipping passenger mirror when reversing!!!
Love this mod. Mainly did it for the windows down and up feature from the remote and the horn/alarm beep sound. Worth it.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:30 AM
o'bluetouring
User

Originally Posted by kellen
Love this mod. Mainly did it for the windows down and up feature from the remote and the horn/alarm beep sound. Worth it.
Yeah windows up/down via remote is a great feature. Btw, did you set the lock/unlock sounds as "chirp" or "horn"? I set it as "chirp" for now but it's a bit loud. I wonder if "horn" is quieter?
Old 02-23-2019, 11:55 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah windows up/down via remote is a great feature. Btw, did you set the lock/unlock sounds as "chirp" or "horn"? I set it as "chirp" for now but it's a bit loud. I wonder if "horn" is quieter?
Chirp. Horn is louder. Have it set to chirp with lock only. I think chirp uses one horn tone while horn uses the full horn.

Think my settings are chirp with lock, passenger window auto up/down, windows up/down from key.

Once or twice in 2-3 years I've had the unit reset itself, IIRC the first "function" is unit off/on. It had turned itself off, but turning it on made all the prior settings come back.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:15 PM
o'bluetouring
User

Originally Posted by kellen
Chirp. Horn is louder. Have it set to chirp with lock only. I think chirp uses one horn tone while horn uses the full horn.

Think my settings are chirp with lock, passenger window auto up/down, windows up/down from key.

Once or twice in 2-3 years I've had the unit reset itself, IIRC the first "function" is unit off/on. It had turned itself off, but turning it on made all the prior settings come back.
Got it. Thanks for the feedback and the heads up!! I think I should turn off the unlock chirp too as that's more important.

Did you tinker the setting through the usb/PC while it's installed? Or would you need to unplug the module harness first? Want to make sure it's safe to update while it's still connected. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:21 PM
AMCPILOT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Installed the LAPower Bluetooth upgrade unit to my OEM PCM on my 2006 C2S today ... works really well and its great to have streaming audio and Bluetooth phone in my OEM PCM system! And ... it's got a reasonable cost which makes it even better!
Old 02-25-2019, 08:36 PM
PJP13
User

Did my first Autocross event on Saturday!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:06 PM
ogun228
Addict
Rennlist Member

"Did my first Autocross event on Saturday!"

And so? How was it? Will you do another? Are you bitten by the bug?

Come on, tell us!
Old 02-25-2019, 11:33 PM
PJP13
User

Originally Posted by ogun228 View Post
"Did my first Autocross event on Saturday!"

And so? How was it? Will you do another? Are you bitten by the bug?

Come on, tell us!
It was a blast! I already signed up for a PCNA drivers skills course and will do 3-4 more auto cross events and 1-2 DE events this year.. canĺt wait for all of it!!

Old 02-26-2019, 12:28 AM
mujeriega
User

Gave her an oil & filter change as well as a wash and wax over the weekend.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:54 PM
Ohio Performance

Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

It got up to 60 degrees here so I woke her from her hibernation and went for a drive.

Found a brand new 992 to take a picture with!

I Kid.

Rennlist 10% discount code "RENNLIST"
2007 C4S F77 Aerokit / 2011 E90 M3 / 2004 E46 M3 / 2016 Subaru WRX STi

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: