Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 06:56 PM
HeyJacu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pseftis
have a tune already from eurocharged. Don’t know how it’ll work with plenum, thinking of grabbing a Cobb.
Any other suggestions?
Have an IPE exhaust on its way as well.
No suggestions, just curious. My C4 is totally stock. I'm tracking it a few times a year and it's a blast as is. I've been reading about a few upgrades including this plenum and wanted to hear from others what programming changes are required to get the full benefit from it.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:55 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 84 Posts

After a month plus of sitting at the body shop waiting on a new rear bumper cover, finally got to take the 997 out for a real drive. Picture from the roads around Red Rocks park outside of Denver.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:13 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Went to Walmart a couple nights ago. Getting my drives in before storage.
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 258 Posts

Storage? Thank god I drive all year around!
Old 10-27-2018, 02:01 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Went to Walmart a couple nights ago. Getting my drives in before storage.
Love having mundane tasks be less mundane by taking the 997.
When's sleepy time for your beautiful 997?
T
Old 10-27-2018, 11:00 PM
Tkersting
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Battery decided to die at the gas station this morning. Called the wife to bring the jump box and swapped the battery out for a new one from Advanced Auto. Took about 5 minutes at most to remove and install. One less thing to worry about for the next few years.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:54 AM
Chicane5
AutoX

Since moving from the UK 3 years ago I'd been looking to get back into the P habit. Picked up a 997.1 C4S cab last weekend and today was the first opportunity to get out of the city and let loose on the PCH on a lovely SoCal day. I'll be smiling for some time to come.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:47 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

^Congratulations!
T
Old 10-28-2018, 05:55 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tkersting
Battery decided to die at the gas station this morning. Called the wife to bring the jump box and swapped the battery out for a new one from Advanced Auto. Took about 5 minutes at most to remove and install. One less thing to worry about for the next few years.
That's good to read about how easy it is to change the battery. I'm not sure how old mine is, but I should get ready just in case.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:09 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by David HUDGENS
That's good to read about how easy it is to change the battery. I'm not sure how old mine is, but I should get ready just in case.
Should really get it changed before it dies on you. Normally you can tell the battery is on the last leg when you try starting in the morning.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:08 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

Mine just gave out two weeks ago. Got in the car like always, turned the key and CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Like I posted before Advanced Auto for $150 and 5 minutes to install it.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Pryme57
Track Day

Finally installed the stone guards.. been driving without them for a few months.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:04 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

I actually had it installed in the middle of last week, but I am only getting around to writing about it now. With that said, I had the Fabspeed performance exhaust system (https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-997...mance-package/) which includes new after market sport headers, maxflo side mufflers, the center muffler bypass x-pipe, cold air intake as well as the COBB ECU tune installed on my 2010 Porsche 997.2 C2S. I was expecting a much deeper throatier tone to the exhaust, but I have to say it is growing on me and growing in a good way. If I want a low profile and don't want to tick off my neighbors, all I need to do is keep the RPMs low and nobody will know of my less than cheap after market Fabspeed exhaust system. But when the RPMs are turning at 4k and higher, the exhaust really comes alive and transforms the car into something that it wasn't before. Don't want to say race car, because we know it's not, but it sure has taken a step closer to being one at least when the RPMs are up there. Plus on top of this not only does Fabspeed advertise that I am gaining about 30+ HP plus gaining some torque (which I actually do believe I can feel), but I have also lost a little weight (about 16 lbs). So better sound above 4k RPMs, better performance and slightly less weight. Now the down side is that Fabspeed is not cheap. But I believe the prices on their website are off (I paid less than the listed prices), plus on top of this I did take advantage of one of their recent 10% off sales. So yeah all in all, it was not a cheap solution, but it really has transformed the car. It's not GT3 fast, but it sure is not slow and I am afraid to rev the engine past 3rd gear on the public roads. Besides burning more dino juice at high RPMs, I am already breaking the law at 6000 to 7000 RPMs in only 3rd gear on most if not all the public roads around me. I can't wait to take this car now to a track, open her up and really get to see what she can do in 4th and 5th gears at the higher RPMs.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:01 PM
pcaskey57
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
I actually had it installed in the middle of last week, but I am only getting around to writing about it now. With that said, I had the Fabspeed performance exhaust system (https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-997...mance-package/) which includes new after market sport headers, maxflo side mufflers, the center muffler bypass x-pipe, cold air intake as well as the COBB ECU tune installed on my 2010 Porsche 997.2 C2S. I was expecting a much deeper throatier tone to the exhaust, but I have to say it is growing on me and growing in a good way. If I want a low profile and don't want to tick off my neighbors, all I need to do is keep the RPMs low and nobody will know of my less than cheap after market Fabspeed exhaust system. But when the RPMs are turning at 4k and higher, the exhaust really comes alive and transforms the car into something that it wasn't before. Don't want to say race car, because we know it's not, but it sure has taken a step closer to being one at least when the RPMs are up there. Plus on top of this not only does Fabspeed advertise that I am gaining about 30+ HP plus gaining some torque (which I actually do believe I can feel), but I have also lost a little weight (about 16 lbs). So better sound above 4k RPMs, better performance and slightly less weight. Now the down side is that Fabspeed is not cheap. But I believe the prices on their website are off (I paid less than the listed prices), plus on top of this I did take advantage of one of their recent 10% off sales. So yeah all in all, it was not a cheap solution, but it really has transformed the car. It's not GT3 fast, but it sure is not slow and I am afraid to rev the engine past 3rd gear on the public roads. Besides burning more dino juice at high RPMs, I am already breaking the law at 6000 to 7000 RPMs in only 3rd gear on most if not all the public roads around me. I can't wait to take this car now to a track, open her up and really get to see what she can do in 4th and 5th gears at the higher RPMs.
You are so correct about that throaty grumble when you put your foot into it. I did the same on my 997.1 C2S and also added an 82mm IPD plenum and GT3 throttle body. The car was rated from the factory at 355hp but it dyno'd at a respectable 420hp after the additions, and yes I can feel the power differences. Enjoy the howl my friend!

Old 10-29-2018, 09:55 PM
Ohio Performance
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 188 Likes on 77 Posts

I added the Zunsport radiator grills for the aerokit front. The fit is 95% as you can see in the pics. They are on the tight side and are about 3mm too wide. I believe I can correct this with the bumper off. I have the center grill but am still on the fence on adding the center radiator to the car.

Customer service was great which is becoming more rare these days.

2007 C4S F77 Aerokit / 2004 E46 M3 / 2018 M3 comp

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?