Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hooked it up to this...
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I need one of those trickle chargers...

I cleaned my car and HREs this afternoon since I'll be out of town for a few weeks. It's on the lift until I get home.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 PM
997C2S9ff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Washed mine very carefully from calipers to ashtray - and for a wrapped car it means a lot of work
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

Installed then removed K & N cai. Damn check engine light. Been busy on the car with a new Getty wing, new custom steering wheel, renn pedals, window tint etc. installed dual tips but lost one on the interstate so I am bummed about that.
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 AM
TerpsRED
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Should have posted earlier, but this season's changes:

1.) Full one pass polish and wax detail (What a huge difference in the paint depth on my '06)
2.) change out Serpentine belt (fought with loose tensioner pulley nut..grrr)
3.) Added "Gundo" mufflers
4.) Swapped to winter wheels

to do by Feb:
1.) Oil change
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed B&M SSK and Bumperplugs painted console.
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 AM
jeffrec
Racer

Washed and polished it on a sunny Saturday afternoon in Atlanta. Took her for a drive Saturday afternoon and then to church on Sunday. Smiled broadly when someone complimented me on how nice she looked. Life is good and I often wonder why I am so blessed!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Petroguy
Advanced

Applied a layer of Collinite 845 (kicking myself for not trying this stuff sooner), cleaned the wheels and gave her a thorough vacuuming. Debadged and then applied the black "911" 40th anniversary logo. Then sat and stared. Still in disbelief.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 PM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Little Green - I like the steering wheel - what kind is that and where did you find it?

Petroguy - what the heck is Collinite 845?

Thanks,
Kurt
Old 11-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Petroguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by X51
Little Green - I like the steering wheel - what kind is that and where did you find it?

Thanks,
Kurt
Kurt,

It is a long lasting wax made by the Collinite Company. It's been around for a long time. I am one of those guys that has chased the perfect wax for a long time trying all sorts of ludicrous price points. Just so happens that this one is relatively cheap (~$17 bottle) and has impressed me the most. A friend turned me onto it. It's a family company that only advertises by word of mouth and the results keep folks coming back. The smell is slightly overwhelming but it is well worth it.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:40 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by X51

Thanks,
Kurt
Its a VERY durable wax. It also works great on wheels and makes removing brake dust very simple with just a bucket of warm water and car soap.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

What did I do to my 997 today? Nothing. Just like yesterday. Or the day before that. Or… well, it goes on for nearly two months now. Buoyyyyy, am I pissed. You see, we moved to a brand-new house, so before, during, and after the move, the car has been in storage at my mom’s house (under trickle charge). Thought I would be done by now, but now the new garage has been designated as the “where does this box go to” temp storage place. Am also having cabinets and storage organizers built into the garage, and certainly wouldn’t want the 997 in the way (harm’s way!). That should be completed this week. Which, really, should have been completed last week. Or was it the week before that? No, no, that was Hurricane Sandy week. Right. And so it goes…

If you love your 997, please don’t buy a new house. Instead, get a divorce. Buy a slightly filthy one-room condo, with a single window overlooking the 997 parked in your pre-assigned, ****ty spot parking space. Knowing that, you, sir, have no prior commitment, no prior engagement, and all the time in the world to step into your 997, point in no particular direction, and drop that clutch at a moderately obscene-high RPM. No one cares. Except, of course, you. And why should anyone care? You are the new bachelor in town, who owns a slightly-filthy one bedroom, single-window, broken elevator condo. And a 911. And plenty of free time.

Sorry, got side-trekked. The garage cabinet maker called: He said it will take another week to get the shelves installed. So, next week it is…
Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh wow, that's terrible. 911 withdrawal - you need a fix bad!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
What did I do to my 997 today? Nothing. Just like yesterday. Or the day before that. Or… well, it goes on for nearly two months now. Buoyyyyy, am I pissed. You see, we moved to a brand-new house, so before, during, and after the move, the car has been in storage at my mom’s house (under trickle charge). Thought I would be done by now, but now the new garage has been designated as the “where does this box go to” temp storage place. Am also having cabinets and storage organizers built into the garage, and certainly wouldn’t want the 997 in the way (harm’s way!). That should be completed this week. Which, really, should have been completed last week. Or was it the week before that? No, no, that was Hurricane Sandy week. Right. And so it goes…

If you love your 997, please don’t buy a new house. Instead, get a divorce. Buy a slightly filthy one-room condo, with a single window overlooking the 997 parked in your pre-assigned, ****ty spot parking space. Knowing that, you, sir, have no prior commitment, no prior engagement, and all the time in the world to step into your 997, point in no particular direction, and drop that clutch at a moderately obscene-high RPM. No one cares. Except, of course, you. And why should anyone care? You are the new bachelor in town, who owns a slightly-filthy one bedroom, single-window, broken elevator condo. And a 911. And plenty of free time.

Sorry, got side-trekked. The garage cabinet maker called: He said it will take another week to get the shelves installed. So, next week it is…
LOL... Now that made me laugh out loud...

When the house is done you might want to take your 997 on a road trip for some "alone time"
Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stefang
Installed B&M SSK and Bumperplugs painted console.
Nice...give us your evaluation of the B&M SSK and the Bumperplugs console, please! Thinking of doing both on my car.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?