Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK vs Manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Lubrecon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll do a topic search next time before I ask a question about a comparison. I was just looking for some general impressions, and never imagined anything like what evolved.

Sorry everyone, a test drive is planned shortly, and I will keep my impressions to myself, lest I get pummeled beyond recognition!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Lubrecon
I'll do a topic search next time before I ask a question about a comparison. I was just looking for some general impressions, and never imagined anything like what evolved.

Sorry everyone, a test drive is planned shortly, and I will keep my impressions to myself, lest I get pummeled beyond recognition!!!!
Don't feel bad, not your fault! Besides, no one was killed or eaten this time (I don't think). This is just one of those topics that stirs emotions; politics, religion, sports car transmission choices.......
Old 11-23-2010, 01:33 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought it was a good question - keep 'em coming. Maybe if you like PDK, then you'll need a Paddles versus Buttons topic. It'll be great.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
I thought it was a good question - keep 'em coming. Maybe if you like PDK, then you'll need a Paddles versus Buttons topic. It'll be great.
And then we can help him decide between a C2 and a C4 and whether or not he should get PCCB brakes.. I'm off this week, can't think of anything better to do with my time!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

^ maybe the forum diehards could create sticky posts of their 911 philosophical choices for new/infrequent visitors to peruse and decide who they ally themselves with.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:55 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Betternotbigger, (may I call you Better?) , I've enjoyed your comments and the chance to respond and discuss something of interest to me without the confrontational aspect. Cheers!
Cheers Mike. Glad you're enjoying the PDK. That's all that matters in the end
Old 11-23-2010, 09:19 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

It's all good!

In one thread, you were able to see a good cross section of the personaities and the relative levels of knowledge of the people that make up this Forum:
  • a few are new to the 997 or Porsche and are hungry for knowledge,
  • many here are well informed,
  • most are still learning (some actually admit it),
  • some know a great deal about these cars,
  • and a very few know everything, just as them, they'll tell you!
If you are looking to stir the pot a little, ask which weight of oil you should use or what tire is the best to use on your car.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
If you are looking to stir the pot a little, ask which weight of oil you should use
Where is 1999Porsche911 when you need him?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Where is 1999Porsche911 when you need him?
Ain't THAT ^ the truth!

Actually, I have not seen him around on the 996 Forum in months.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:11 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah! Don't be pressured by the righteous who think they are owners.

Lemme and most of the other guys here know what you think. Don't let potential bullies push you around.

Say there are two ways to pass a test at Porsche College; which would you rather do?

1. Go to the library and look it up by yourself. Filter thru thousands of messy unedited impressions by non-professional writers

OR

2. Go to the pub and learn the exact same stuff from other people there having a good time?

HINT: The owners of Rennlist want this to be a friendly lively place.

HINT 2: You gotta spend SOME time in the library, just because peace and quiet is a good way to formulate your questions and, more importantly, to develop finesse for the potentially angry drunks in the Pub.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Lubrecon
Advanced

Now if it is a question on oil, I can hold my own....was Chief Engineer for Mobil Oil, now XOM, and was in the business for 40+years.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:53 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Now if it is a question on oil, I can hold my own....was Chief Engineer for Mobil Oil, now XOM, and was in the business for 40+years.
Cool!

We need to get 1999Porsche911 to debate Mobil 1 0W-40, or as he calls it, Mobil "water." That would be fun to watch.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Outstanding! Hope you'll step in next time we get an oil related free-for-all going.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Lubrecon
Advanced

I'll be watching and hope I can contribute if the discussion turns to engine oil, or any lubrication topic for that matter.

Quick Reply: PDK vs Manual