Sponsored by:

Obsessively Anal

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:14 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I then bought a $$$ Kranzle pressure washer to avoid scratches on the body due to exoskeletons
WOW, that's commitment:

http://www.amazon.com/Kranzle-K399-T.../dp/B000LXWQMQ
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

No HTwo O : Kranzle is the Porsche of pressure washers. The link you posted is the GT3 version. Mine is just a plain old 997.2 version http://www.amazon.com/Kranzle-K1120-.../dp/B000N8CPCA
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
No HTwo O : Kranzle is the Porsche of pressure washers. The link you posted is the GT3 version. Mine is just a plain old 997.2 version http://www.amazon.com/Kranzle-K1120-.../dp/B000N8CPCA
I am going to ask "Santa" for one of these. I am a believer!

Does this really remove the bug guts without any issues (damage)?

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel bad for you guys...

Old 10-06-2010, 09:51 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Skibum
What about using a paint brush to clean the area in the lug nut wells?
What about wax? How often?

You're all making me feel much better.
I always wax the wheels after a wash - makes them so much easier to "swiffer" off during the week. I recently added 5mm spacers just so I would have easier access to the front capiler "PORSCHE" when cleaning. (and it worked too )
Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 PM
leneuromancer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
The "high tech" answer is getting one of these from Phil at Detailers Domain:
I will 2nd this one ...once you get over the sticker shock, it is actually one of the few detailing products I would recommend

...those plastic/nylon bristle things previously mentioned, like, at Walmart ...pass, before long you would have spent the $ to buy the "wheel brush" over again
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
I feel bad for you guys...
Maybe this picture will help some to vomit. I always feel better after vomiting.

(kidding, having fun )
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

^Truly just a poser (photo). Not a real enthusiast.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts

I have been driving my P-Car in the driving rain for the last couple of days. The car is dirty. I am sure the acid rain in the northeast is not good for the paint either. I plan on driving the car as much as possible for the next few years then buying another one and do it all over again. It is just a material item that can be replaced. Besides instead of detailing my car everyday I work out. This will prevent chronic illness and back pain allowing for more pain free miles in my P-car over the long run.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd
I have been driving my P-Car in the driving rain for the last couple of days. The car is dirty. I am sure the acid rain in the northeast is not good for the paint either. I plan on driving the car as much as possible for the next few years then buying another one and do it all over again. It is just a material item that can be replaced. Besides instead of detailing my car everyday I work out. This will prevent chronic illness and back pain allowing for more pain free miles in my P-car over the long run.
You are giving some very good advice to care for one's personal health (by getting some exercise everyday). I also do not advocate that one spend more time detailing cars and losing out on quality time with their loved ones or getting regular work outs. No one details cars everyday. Just because I care for my car's finish does not mean that I stay away from the acid rain or snow. Where I probably differ from you is that I rinse off all that acid rain/snow once I come back with deionized water in my garage. If that sits on my car's paint it will etch it. That is a strict no no for me who keeps cars for > 7 yrs duration. So what you do makes sense for you (as you change cars more often) and what I do makes sense for me. Not you, but I do see some folks who don't like to keep their cars looking good always trying to ridicule people who are **** like me in keeping their cars looking clean and fresh.

I enjoy the personal challenge that I have going in trying to keep my cars in showroom perfect condition for as long as possible. It has not even been a yr since I bought my 997.2, I have driven it to 9K miles. It is not a garage queen by any means (in fact it is my daily driver) and it does get dirty (see pic enclosed). But guess what it is indeed better looking than even a brand new car sitting in a dealers lot that is collecting dust outside. That is one of the reasons why I do not like to change cars every 3 yrs. The new cars just don't look as pristine as mine
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2010, 02:39 AM
sbpsu354
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the calipers were painted on my 996, I washed them. If Porsche is going to paint it, I'm going to clean it. I still wash the calipers on my 997 even though they're not painted as such.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:32 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Speaking of wheel cleaners...

Can someone recommend as GOOD of a wheel cleaner as P21S, that costs LESS! I love P21S, but I go through it so quickly, it's getting costly... and I don't trust any of the crap walmart brands. Any other brand that's as gentle as P21S with same cleaning force?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Speaking of wheel cleaners...

Can someone recommend as GOOD of a wheel cleaner as P21S, that costs LESS! I love P21S, but I go through it so quickly, it's getting costly... and I don't trust any of the crap walmart brands. Any other brand that's as gentle as P21S with same cleaning force?

Thanks
Once your wheels are clean from bad buildup, simple car soap and a microfiber towel should work fine. Then wax.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by Skibum
Once your wheels are clean from bad buildup, simple car soap and a microfiber towel should work fine. Then wax.
Correct, like RejeX wax.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I clean everything including the inside of the exhaust tips. I use filtered hot and cold water on tap inside my climate controlled garage which also has floor drains. I use an outdoor cover while the car is in the garage. I have the standard compliment of microfibers, carnaubas, brushes, proper lighting, etc. I wax at least once a month (3 times this past month due to longer road trips). I consider it relaxing to drive the car and to spend time keeping it clean. My challenge right now is trying to keep paint on the lugs. I painted them black to match the wheels and every time I remove the wheels to clean/service it chips the paint. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Obsessively Anal