Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 997 C2S vs. Honda Accord cost of ownership? (Financial and Mental)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:37 AM
SeanInLA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by simrohor
I suggest professional help. I hope it works out for you.
The Porsche is my therapy!

The professional help suggested trading the Audi for a Honda. :-)

From what I have read is that Porsche is rated very well in reliability. If the repairs are high, I might just look into leasing one under warranty. Maybe lease a CPO for 5 years.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:12 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeanInLA
LOL - How confident are you I can't afford one? (I'd wager that bet.) But, if you have the ability to buy a 110K car and decide you don't like it and just trade it away without care you are more fortunate or you have a different philosophy in spending money then me.

If you read the posts I never asked about financing - in fact I said I save up and buy my cars cash and that I don't finance. Also, you won't find me complaining about the maintenance costs - I just asked what to expect.

But you did make me think and you have an excellent point! The maintenance costs don't matter as much as I first thought!

Whatever they are I can afford them. I think this post was more about the fear of owning a car that was going to anger me because it's always requiring money. (Remember I am an Audi owner.) And nothing was worse then always having to spend money on the Audi to keep it running. It was exhausting, to the point of not enjoying the car because driving it always meant something was going to break

I don't want that to be my Porsche experience. (I think I found out what the post should have asked!) I asked the wrong question.
The point I was trying to make was no matter what the yearly maintanence costs on the Porsche are it is still a small amount compared to the initial cost of the car. Let's say yearly maintanence is $2000 - $3000 including tires, oil change etc. That is still only 2 - 3% of the entry price. If the entry price is not a problem then maintanence costs will be relatively inconsequential.

Quick Reply: Porsche 997 C2S vs. Honda Accord cost of ownership? (Financial and Mental)